GEF Seniors Housing logo
GEF Seniors Housing

GEF Seniors Housing Employee Reviews

Work-life balance

Encouraging and positive work environmenr

GEF Senior's Housing: KIWANIS PLACE I enjoy working for this company and specifically the Kiwanis Location. My co workers feel like family and they make stressful times fun. They are encouraging, respectful and extremely supportive. They will teach, train and correct you with out being condescending. Management is great also. They appreciate and recognize staff who deserves it. They listen and understand. Great benefits. It honestly doesn't feel like working. It just feels like hanging out with friends and family.

Awesome place to work if you like working with seniors

I loved working at GEF; the staff was awesome and the residents always brought a smile to my face. I love working with seniors! There was always something interesting going on.

Pros

opportunity to work as much as you want

Cons

lack of communication sometimes

Fun place to work, great management

its a nice place to work, Managers are amazing, some of the staff are ok, but I guess that's everywhere. The seniors are loving and amazing to work with. They are my main reasons for being there

Pros

management buy lunches bi weekly

Cons

full hrs of work

Always devilish, awful and decreased motivation

Poor management like a toxic not friendly not supportive to each other, unenjoyable this is where a problem arises, employees not able to speak freely or say the truth it's better to be a professional actor and liar, worst human resources management. employees works under pressure the manager and the assistant manager spend lots of hours inside their closed office chatting and yapping, that's why we never have a manager always resign or fired if they are a hard workers

Pros

free soup and coffeee

Cons

stressful

Great place to work, only problem is getting full time employment.

I really like working with GEF, they have a great hiring practice, good orientation, very organized. All the staff I work with have been great. I really enjoy working there but I only got casual work and I nee fulltime permanent position to survive.

Pros

Great staff, training, good pay for the work

Cons

Need full time rather than casual work

Poor management

I have been working for dining room attendant position for almost a year. The new supervisor who just got hired didn’t appreciate the staff. Blamed a mistake in front of everyone and not polite. Tried to apply for other position in the different location but the site manager also had a bad management skills. Got called for interview appointment but just ignored for 30 minutes.

Friendly and positive attitude

One of the best place to work in. People are friendly and positive. No stress at all. I was a summer student there, little bit hardwork but the profit and benefits are amazing. #Free coffee

Pros

Stress free/ Non-profit

Cons

Pay is average. But its a non profit company.

Live , Laugh & Love

Be natural so that you can reach the goal of success in life , be practical , humble and patient in yourself . Be strong always and think positive everyday . Do all your best and GOD will do the rest .

Pros

have break

Cons

Excellent organization rated one of the top 50 Best Small Medium Employers in Canada

The dynamic at GEF is excellent. It is a very open door policy among managers and senior managers. Everyone is treated with dignity and respect.

Pros

Very engaged workforce.

Cons

Not-for-profit with low pay, making it hard to afford Edmonton's standard of living

Jobs at GEF Seniors Housing