very hard work, low pay, stupid rules
skid wrapping lackey (Former Employee) – Calgary, AB – 6 March 2018
Worked for one month as a Randstad contractor, heres a summary
1. Threw out my back because first two days did nothing but wrap skids and no one else gave me a break on that work. No wrapping machine onsite, as it broke but they didnt want to spend money to fix it.
2. You have to wear safety glasses no matter where you work or what you are doing, even if there is zero chance of eye injury from your activity. warehouse is hot, glasses fog up and always are slipping off from repeatedly leaning down for your tasks.
3. You have to wear a smock as PPE. No clue why either. just because (again its warm inside the warehouse).
4. only two 30 minute breaks instead of two 15s and a 30. Because they dont want to track who is on break and who isnt as each area had staggered break times. Now hard to get a seat on your breaks as everyone has to go at same time now..
5.If you are a minute late to work you are docked 15 minutes pay.
6. if you take what they consider to be excessive bathroom breaks you are fired (temp contractors).
7. Its the filthiest warehouse I have ever been in, so much dust. Nose gets congested and hard to breathe.
long days boring work, and hard labor. low pay