GDI Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
Le travail est majoritairement de soir.
Les postes de jour sont donnés sur la base de l'ancienneté et du type de poste disponible .

Le travail consistent généralement à laver les surfaces et les planchers dans des espaces publiques, commerciaux , industrielles, institutionnels et des bureaux. L'entretien des toilettes publiques ou communes est souvent liées à votre route de travail.

La compagnie à de bon avantage sociaux .

L'ambiance de travail dépend du contrat, cependant vous travaillerez seul la grand majorité du temps.

Vous êtes responsable de la qualité de votre travail et un suivit minutieux est tenu par vos supérieurs directs .
Un envirommement responsable et professionnel, un cadre de travail sgreable et sécurisé...
Pros
Une opportunité de carrière et de rencontre
Good place to work and friendly staff. They helped me when I was looking for a job. I am very grateful for their support. I would definitely rate it 5
A typical day at work was calm doing what i had to do. I learned how to keep a public place clean. Manager was always helpful. There never came a time where something was hard.
Assez complexe, mais agréable. Par exemple, pas assez bien payé.
cet un entreprise responsable et agreeable pour travailler avec eux
Chercher mieu,ce compagnie est mal gérer , beaucoup de pression à chaque jour
No-one can adequately live on the wages, even at the highest tiers of pay and with full time hours which very few positions are. Management has no respect if a person or family member is sick, and will berate you for it if not outright threaten you. While there are very basic benefits, they only kick in gradually, and fully after three years. The only reason there are benefits at all is because after 3 months, the position is unionized, which grants some security.
new employer who took over contract and immediately cut staff and demanded more work from those they kept. Heavily monitored staff with the purpose of getting rid of experienced staff with cheaper replacements
a regular day in a maintenance company , it is one of the larges cleaning company in canada i did enjoy most of my time working there in this cleaning company
Sagesse , responsabilité emable
et encore plus dans le nettoyage
Jai de nager à granby car il savais pas assez de job à montreal
I loved my job untill i was hired on by this company not told at all was going to get my full time tooken away when i have a child to feed was not impressed when hired 3 extra people
Cons
Drama
Unless you are planning in transitioning to Goodyear, GDI is a waste of your time.
In a lot of cases, you are expected to do not only your job, but do whatever Goodyear tells you to do. In most cases the jobs we do on the production floor are too physically demanding, dirty or dangerous for Goodyear employees to do. The result of most of this is high turnover, a dwindling hiring pool and lost time injury.

Now, when you combine that with low wages, unqualified staff, poor training, constant pressure to perform and an incredibly toxic atmosphere, you get a place you dread going into. The ONLY people at GDI that get any respect are the ones who's relatives work at Goodyear, and as soon as Goodyear starts hiring, amazingly, those same GDI employees magically become Goodyear employees. In the meantime, however, those who aren't moving on to Goodyear end up working twice as hard because, let's face it, you're not going to work too hard if you know that A:You're getting a job that pays over twice that of yours.

B: No matter how lazy, incompetent or stupid you are, you're protected because of office politics.

The company currently owes us for two years of overtime they forgot to pay us somehow. The reason they owe us for two years is because legally that's all we're entitled to. They should owe us for five. The case is currently in front of the labour board, and of course, GDI is stalling..

When Goodyear first opened the wage gap between contractors and Goodyear employees was 3 dollars an hour.

It is now 17.

We've been promised raises, better working conditions, more staff,
 - more...
The pay is awful and the management is abusive. I wouldn't wish this company on anyone. My supervisor would verbally abuse me and my manager would call it being militant. She would also tell me do dangerous things like stick a metal pole in the compactor while it's running. Please for your own safety do not work here.
It's a good place to work with a great co-worker. The staff there are good and friendly. The work is not that hsrd to do and you're proud of yourself when you do a good job
Just work and you'll do fine. Management is good.The hardest part of the job is throwing the tires, but it'll get you in shape if you're into fitness.
Perfect job for those seeking an easy job paid moderately well. 18.07 though after all taxes ect comes up to about 11.00 an hour.
Employer doesnt care for its employees too.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers as they are the most integral part of the businesses. Helping customer is a priority and enjoy seeing them smile
They constantly short you random hours, mess up your pay or don't pay you on time. If you ever decide to quit you have to fight them for your final pay.
Pros
Cons
They don't pay you
I worked with GDI for a little over a year. The people are great to work with. Although, Management was not always the best. Learned a lot from working there.