GDI Services logo
GDI Services

GDI Services Employee Reviews

Great people to work with

They've been helpful to many students who are in financial problems by giving them jobs. They also have flexible hours and work on your schedule. Good working environment.

Pros

Sometimes you get extra hours

Cons

Low rate

Straining and overwhelming

6 years in the job, and I’ve watched it fall to unfair situations towards employees.Supervision doesn’t seem to have proper work ethic. The nonchalant attitudes of the system are unbalanced and take away from personal issues. I personally would like to leave and start new and better.

Pros

Decent working people .

Cons

Long hours. Bad pay. Lack of empathy for employees .

very inclusive work environment

GDI offers a very inclusive work environment, it is a wonderful place to start a career as an immigrant or a minority group member. but salaries are still low in general!

Toxic,Toxic,Toxic

Management likes to pit employees against each other. There is no team spirit. The gossip mill never stops. Its a thankless job. The durham college site is a horrible place to work.

Pros

Non

It's okay

Okay place to work. Worked three years without a raise though, so hard to be optimistic about continuing to work there. Not much for job advancement for my position. People were nice. Some were hard to work with. Very much an old school 'always on' culture.

Pros

Nice people

Cons

No raise or advancement structure

It's nice to have full time days and no weekends but you are paid minimum wage and there are no benefits.

I like working for GDI. I make roughly $2000 take home pay per month which to me is good. I work straight days and have weekends off. The cons are minimum wage and no benefits. The staff are friendly and we get two 15 minute breaks every day paud for and one unpaid 30 minute lunch.

Pros

Straight days, no weekends

Cons

Minimum wage and no benefits

Agreable

C'étais un endroit grand un très beau centre d'achat et a la zambonie je l'avais les planchers

Pros

Grande salle a diner

Cons

Courte pause

Environnement de travail tres profesionel

Cette compagnies ma permis davoir plus d'expérience dans le domaine se la ma permis d'apprendre beaucoup dans la maintenance d'édifices

Pros

Assurence medical

Cons

Courte pause et lassurence familail trop dispendieuse

Heartless employers

I have never worked for such a heartless company in my life. An employee of probably 8 plus years died to a battle of cancer and guess what the company did for that persons family absolutely nothing. As if that employee was just a number that had been crossed off, this makes sick. No donations to help with funeral costs, no flowers, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING just a big f you. This company needs to stop caring about the money and learn how to care for their employees that make them the money, instead of looking at them as just a number. If you want to be a number then work for this company but I'd strongly suggest not to. Entirely you choice but if you do....enjoy being treated as just a number and not an actual human being.

Management nice to work with.

Odd shift times.Late night.Company policies. How to be productive in my job with duties.Management easy to work with understanding and polite trustworthy.Very culture liked the culture environment.Sayting awake to to duties and time mangement.Having a pay check and working with minimal supervision.

Jobs at GDI Services

See more jobs

Très propres

J'aime a travailler ensemble avec GDI il respecte les règles des employés.

Pros

Resper dès ouvriers

Cons

Pas de points négatif

Awful place to work

If you like to be treated unfairly this is the place for you! Staff is super into favouritism and loves to talk down to people. Do yourself a favour do not apply here. Many other better options in the city.

Pros

Cons

All kinds

a typical workday

We would clean 2 hours every night, except on Saturday and Sunday. There was two different buildings to clean, but it didn’t take long. Some of the people who work there are very nice.

Mauvaise gestion du personnel

J'ai travaillé pendant trois mois pour GDI. Bien que j'aime les tâches de l'entretien ménager, j'ai été témoins d'un superviseur qui se montre peu à l'écoute de ses employés.

Pros

Salaire concurrentiel

Cons

Gestion et planification des horaires au jour le jour

Lieu de travail était fiable propre qualité

Selon l’entreprise et la meilleure ils ont dinamique

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Healthcare

Pour l' envirronnement pas de problèmes ,seulement nous travaillons beaucoups ça ne correspond pas au salaire,

Un environnement bon seulement le lieu du travail est très loin , le moyen de transport complique et très coûteux .

Pros

Rien pas de primes

Cons

Une fois

Awful place to work

I would suggest working here if you love drama and love being unorganized. The only good thing about this job is the hourly wage. Nothing else. If you haven’t known one of the two sisters for a long time, don’t expect to be very liked. Favouritism is made very clear. All in all if you want to work for a company that whatever you do isn’t enough, apply today!

Pros

Hourly Wage

Cons

Everything Else

Great place

The jobs are straight forward. Stay a way from people who like to cause drama. You work with a team or alone. Pleasant staff great management. Training available, whmis etc.

Pros

Teamwork

Cons

Labour boards should be aware of these scum bags

worked there for a while the supervisor in kemptville Ontario was completely unprofessional. He never cared about the employees only the work, when he got bored he would make everyone else do it so he could go have a smoke and play pokemon go. Half the time we didn't know what we were doing as there was no training and no communication. 3 times they only paid me half paychecks after working 44 hours for them. Instead of solving the problem they would belittle you and make u feel worthless. Only work there if u want to see how bad employers can be. Worst work experience ever.

Pros

Hometime

Cons

nothing

They don't pay u all ur pay

When I was working for gdi I never got my full amount for my pay . And I had to fight for it . Also I been cleaning for over 7 years and I deep clean I was told not to just make it look ok . And when it came to cleaning showers it was a spray down and that's it ewww

Pros

Met nice customers

Cons

Crew sucks

GDI Prends pas soin de ses employés

GDI est à réévaluer les conditions de vie sont pas croyable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GDI Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement