GDI Services Employee Reviews

Good for having Canadian experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary Zoo, AB11 March 2019
Good for having Canadian Experience and become more familiar with Canadian workplace and rules. Good job to enhance your Customer Service skills and train to assist in resolving emergencies
Ups and Downs
Human Resources Generalist Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
Management felt as though they were above everyone else which I took very hard as I was at times treated like a child for being the youngest one there. I was a summer student and learned a lot from my Human Resources Director who is no longer there but felt as though the community wasn't the greatest.
Very very poor management
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB12 February 2019
Horrible Management
She liked to swear.
Showed no respect for the employees...
This company was given this new contract to the place where i wanted to work so i left the old company to do so...Two employees...I worked there for six yrs and really enjoyed working around those city workers..My floor was Ground and third floor to clean...other employee was 1st and 2nd...For $11 an hour management wanted me to supervise my coworker that would rarely show up for work...Contacted Management and got WTF...came back in to work the next day and checked those floors and nobody was in to clean...This happened quite often...The list goes on...Managment did not care what so ever...I realized that i was much much to good for that company so i left...
She was never consistent with anything. Pay was very low $11 hour and constant mistakes on my paychecks that put me in financial hardship...Found job elsewhere.
Just like you should before you get yourself into a mess..!!!
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
The management
Environnement de travail enrichissant
STAGE - AGENTE DE DOTATION (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC9 February 2019
C'est un endroit où nous sommes confrontés à la réalité du marché de l'emploi, c'est donc une bonne place pour apprendre.
poor
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 February 2019
Was wrongfully terminated without even having the opportunity to speak with my hiring manager. Sent emails and voice calls for an explanation and received nothing back. From what I gather , I was terminated over a separate manager's ego that had absolutely nothing to do with the job itself . This company is extremely unprofessional . I wouldn't recommend it at all.
Terribly unprofessional, zero loyalty
Beeatch (Former Employee) –  Canada, Earth29 January 2019
I've worked for a few cleaning companies, and this company takes the cake for the worst ever. High pressure, low pay. High expectations, low pay. High demands, low pay. They give you part time hours when full time was promised at the interview. Supervisors? Lol. Unreachable, ignorant, demeaning, useless. Run far, far away from these cockroaches! Slave labor at it's finest!
environnement de travail securitaire
Stage (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 January 2019
très bon milieu de travail!
environnement de travail sécuritaire
travail
femme de chambre (Former Employee) –  1250 boulevard René-levesque23 January 2019
Bonne organisation dans le travail avec les superviseurs
Summary review
Day Porter/ Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS4 January 2019
be prepared to work hard . I learned worked experience to put on my resume . low paying . the hardest part was the amount of work load that was expected of me in a day. the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the tenants who worked in the building that i worked in.
Pros
getting to know the tenants who worked in the building that i worked for
Cons
unionized but they do very little for the employees
Très mauvaise gestion!!
Préposé à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC27 December 2018
Très gros roulement de personnels dû à la mauvaise gestion. Travail TRÈS physique et répétitif. Aucune stabilité d'emploi. Superviseur qui ne retourne pas ses appels. Très mauvaise gestion (absences, horaires, paies, heures travaillés, ...) Erreurs lors du dépôt des paies (oubli de créer le dossier de l'employé, donc doit attendre au prochain dépôt pour être payé). Aucun suivi ou retour d'appel de la part des responsables et très grand manque de communication entre les superviseurs. Très déçu de mon expérience, surtout avec une compagnie qui se vante d'avoir des contrats à l'échelle mondiale!! Ils manquent énormément de professionnalisme et traitent les employés comme des numéros.
En général travail correct.
Entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 December 2018
Travail physique. Choix de plusieurs horaires mais aucune stabilité dans le poste.
travail exclent
préposé en entretien ménager des édifices publique (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC12 December 2018
jai adorre travailler avec cette compagnie qui offre un bon salaire une bonne aide
Environnement et productivité agréable
Chef d'équipe / Préposé à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC3 December 2018
Équipe performantes Securitaire et évolutives bon moyen de communication
Pros
Bonne équipe
Cons
Dépendant du contrat
heure de travail flexible
Entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 December 2018
les superviseurs font bien leur travail et sont très encourageants
employee beware
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 November 2018
I was promised a wage increase at 3 months that I never received even after several attempts to rectify it. Had several emails stating it was indeed coming but even after leaving on my own accord it was never paid to me. That was a small piece of the pie. Employee beware. The job was not at all what I was told it would be. I think they seriously need to review the labor laws. This review has nothing to do with the wage increase. They seriously need to brush up on labor standards. We are no longer in the stone ages. I could go on but whats the point. No benefits, plenty of lies, low pay for upper position and no chance of wage increase likely EVER. Toxic work environment and in general everyone very unhappy. General consensus of environment was taking bets on how long I would last compared to the ones before me.
Pros
straight days, no weekends
Cons
Too many lies.
Gdi
Manutentionnaire (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC22 October 2018
Surcharge de travail pour les employé ayant des responsabilité.
Unsupervised woking
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 October 2018
I would show up at 10pm monday-Saturday. I would work until about 4am cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming floors. emptying garbage cans and anything else that needed cleaning.Management was great as they weren't constantly breathing down your neck. You only really ever heard from them if there was something they wanted done differently. The hardest part was the sleep schedule.
Cons
No life, My girlfriend now knew I knew how to clean.
Travail très productif
Préposé à l'entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC14 October 2018
Travailler chez GDI services est très bien, cependant très demandant.
housekeeper
Alt Hotel House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 October 2018
I enjoy working at the alt hotel it has great programs and very friendly staff members. the cleaning company GDI has a union program although I have yet to see much seniority, help or benefits from there company. the Alt hotel team is great and has smaller rooms. but they still manage to ask a lot of you when it comes to shift work and picking up extra work. the cleaning company you work for.. GDI and management has work to do.

cons: when someone calls in sick their work falls on you.

people often call in because of the heavy workload the day before and fact you work with peoples bedsheets you catch every cold.

pros: its a 730am to 4pm shift what you can pick up overtime
Pros
The Alt Team
Cons
GDI Cleaning companys managment skills
Loved this job
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 September 2018
The crew I worked with was like family. I enjoyed the busy days and i loved the responsibility I had while there. If only they paid a little more. It was a lot of labour for a small paycheck and no benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GDI Services. Our community is ready to answer.