GDI Services Employee Reviews

travail
femme de chambre (Former Employee) –  1250 boulevard René-levesque23 January 2019
Bonne organisation dans le travail avec les superviseurs
Très mauvaise gestion!!
Préposé à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Sherbrooke, QC27 December 2018
Très gros roulement de personnels dû à la mauvaise gestion. Travail TRÈS physique et répétitif. Aucune stabilité d'emploi. Superviseur qui ne retourne pas ses appels. Très mauvaise gestion (absences, horaires, paies, heures travaillés, ...) Erreurs lors du dépôt des paies (oubli de créer le dossier de l'employé, donc doit attendre au prochain dépôt pour être payé). Aucun suivi ou retour d'appel de la part des responsables et très grand manque de communication entre les superviseurs. Très déçu de mon expérience, surtout avec une compagnie qui se vante d'avoir des contrats à l'échelle mondiale!! Ils manquent énormément de professionnalisme et traitent les employés comme des numéros.
En général travail correct.
Entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 December 2018
Travail physique. Choix de plusieurs horaires mais aucune stabilité dans le poste.
travail exclent
préposé en entretien ménager des édifices publique (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC12 December 2018
jai adorre travailler avec cette compagnie qui offre un bon salaire une bonne aide
Environnement et productivité agréable
Chef d'équipe / Préposé à l'entretien ménager (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC3 December 2018
Équipe performantes Securitaire et évolutives bon moyen de communication
Pros
Bonne équipe
Cons
Dépendant du contrat
heure de travail flexible
Entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 December 2018
les superviseurs font bien leur travail et sont très encourageants
employee beware
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario18 November 2018
I was promised a wage increase at 3 months that I never received even after several attempts to rectify it. Had several emails stating it was indeed coming but even after leaving on my own accord it was never paid to me. That was a small piece of the pie. Employee beware. The job was not at all what I was told it would be. I think they seriously need to review the labor laws. This review has nothing to do with the wage increase. They seriously need to brush up on labor standards. We are no longer in the stone ages. I could go on but whats the point. No benefits, plenty of lies, low pay for upper position and no chance of wage increase likely EVER. Toxic work environment and in general everyone very unhappy. General consensus of environment was taking bets on how long I would last compared to the ones before me.
Pros
straight days, no weekends
Cons
Too many lies.
Gdi
Manutentionnaire (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC22 October 2018
Surcharge de travail pour les employé ayant des responsabilité.
Unsupervised woking
Janitor/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB18 October 2018
I would show up at 10pm monday-Saturday. I would work until about 4am cleaning bathrooms and vacuuming floors. emptying garbage cans and anything else that needed cleaning.Management was great as they weren't constantly breathing down your neck. You only really ever heard from them if there was something they wanted done differently. The hardest part was the sleep schedule.
Cons
No life, My girlfriend now knew I knew how to clean.
Travail très productif
Préposé à l'entretien ménager (Current Employee) –  Lasalle, QC14 October 2018
Travailler chez GDI services est très bien, cependant très demandant.
housekeeper
Alt Hotel House Keeper (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 October 2018
I enjoy working at the alt hotel it has great programs and very friendly staff members. the cleaning company GDI has a union program although I have yet to see much seniority, help or benefits from there company. the Alt hotel team is great and has smaller rooms. but they still manage to ask a lot of you when it comes to shift work and picking up extra work. the cleaning company you work for.. GDI and management has work to do.

cons: when someone calls in sick their work falls on you.

people often call in because of the heavy workload the day before and fact you work with peoples bedsheets you catch every cold.

pros: its a 730am to 4pm shift what you can pick up overtime
Pros
The Alt Team
Cons
GDI Cleaning companys managment skills
Loved this job
Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 September 2018
The crew I worked with was like family. I enjoyed the busy days and i loved the responsibility I had while there. If only they paid a little more. It was a lot of labour for a small paycheck and no benefits.
good company with great work team
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2018
This is a company that you can excel in if you apply yourself and is hard working and completing the duties required on a daily basis which include cleaning, mopping, vacuuming, maintenance.
Poor people management
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON18 September 2018
Supervisors do not really provide a professional example and the people management is pretty bad. Would rather not work for them.
I recently missed out on my opportunity to get more hours when they hired a new employee that the supervisor knows and gave him full hours. This is why I feel I must leave them .
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough hours and seniority meant nothing to the superiors
Memorable
Préposée entretien menage , Travaux lourds (Former Employee) –  Université de Sherbrooke7 September 2018
Le salaire est bien , grâce aux règles du comité paritaire et grâce au syndicats, sinon , pour le reste , c’est médiocre et je pèse mes mots !
Salaire: très souvent , “vraiment très souvent “ des erreurs soit dans les heures, taux horaires ect..
Matériel et produits inadéquats et la plupart du temps non conforme aux critères du contrat, renouvellement ( bouteilles, produit , lames squeegee ect) et entretien difficile à obtenir ( leurs façons de faire des économies) , rendant le travail plus ardu pour l’employé
Employés ne sont que des numéros et aucunement considérés
Congé fériés , même les plus basiques sont souvent non considérés et les avis de congés sont donnés souvent seulement à quelques heures de délai...
Conseil d’am : Sincèrement, Si vous avez d’autres options pour vous , choisissez les autres options
Pros
Salaire
Cons
Ambiance et gestions générale
exploitation des employés
Superviseur aux opérations (Former Employee) –  Monrtéal29 August 2018
Aucun support pour améliorer les situations problématiques d'absences répétés des employés. Employés surcharge de travail
Pros
Aucun
Cons
Aucun respect envers les employés.
Great workplace with flexible hours and great enviroment
Vacuum Operator (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS26 August 2018
Get for part time work. With the ability to be able to have free time as well as weekends off. Not a lot of stress and quite manageable position for going back to school
Sucked bigitme
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK24 August 2018
Nobody worked with me, no supervisor to train us, really had so many confusion of what to do, the supervisor never came in to let us know if we were doing anything good or bad.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
No supervisor
Flexible and fair
Office Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 August 2018
Good company
Diverse work force
Friendly environment
Job training thorough and concise
Locations on bus routes and easily accessible.
Flexible hours
Pros
on bus routes
Cons
minimum wage regardless of experience
Easy going place to work
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2018
It was a easy job.
Gave you more time to clean than you really needed.
It was ok but I ended up getting replaced by someone that had been let go and rehired by the union.
Pros
more free time than cleaning time
Cons
they wanted to to pretend to clean to look busy even when it was done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GDI Services. Our community is ready to answer.