GDI Services

GDI Services Employee Reviews

Canada176 reviews
A good place to work
The work is not too intense. The hours are not bad. The management is nice and they give good hours. They also have nice benefits. It was a great experience.
Professionnel et travail d'équipe
Bel équipe. Ils aiment de faire des défis pour leurs projets. Ils font du plaisir de me donner des infos que j'ai besoin. Bravo !
Pros
Ambiance, respect, belle compagnie
Cons
manque de travail pour plans, beaucoup de changement des collégues
Save yourself the headache
Its not a job its highschool save yourself the brain cells and just don't work here or even think of applying here please don't 🤣 i promise you will regret it
Pros
Zippo
environnement de travail dynamique
Chez GDI nous avons la chance de faire plusieurs types de travaux, dans le respect des règles d'hygiène. On n'a la possibilité de travailler dans plusieurs lieux, et la possibilité d'avoir des heures de travail flexibles.
I found it's excellent
I found it very helpful and give good experience
All my coworkers were friendly and helpful.

It has good conditions for the employees.

I was very excited for having the position.
Toxic toxic toxic!!!
OMG this place is a total joke! First they had a mother and daughter running the show. It was just one scandal after another. Someone finally had the balls to get rid of them. But apparently they didn't learn their lesson because they promoted two sisters to run the place Bahahahahaha!!! And these two don't have a clue how to run a company. They only know how to power trip and talk down to people. The rules literally change every day. And you're just expected to know what to do. And then you get in trouble for not doing it right, even though it was never explained to you. There's absolutely no professionalism. They hire their friends and show favoritism. Like breaking company rules and allowing their friends to break the rules, like smoking in the company trucks and taking long breaks. One of the sisters actually has temper tantrums, like kicking chairs and yelling at people, in front of a new employee who was only there for 3 days! People are quitting almost on a daily basis because of her. And when you try to complain to the other sister, guess what? It gets swept under the rug. I'm pretty sure upper management is aware of what's going on but they're probably too embarrassed to admit that putting these two in power after they got rid of the first train wrecks was a huge mistake. The only way I would recommend anyone to work there is if you don't really need a job but you're curious to see if it's really as bad as everyone says it is there.
Endroit stressante pour travailler
Je trouve qu'il a un manque de communication entre superviseur, direction et employer
Bonne entreprise, mauvais personel
Le problème n'est pas la compagnie,mais les superviseurs et la direction. Tres faible posibilité d'avancement parceque les hauts placés sont jaloux, mais surtout parceque GDI perdent beaucoup de projets presentement.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GDI Services?
very stressfull not a good enviroment
there was a lot of BS and drama and bullying. very stressful. i was not respected or appreciated. i did more then what was asked of me. the work i did was never recognized.
Do not work for this company
If I could rate it zero I would. I worked a couple shifts in November and only last week I received what I thought would finally be the pay they owed me. It was still four hours short. This is a regular occurrence for them. They hope you don’t notice so they can get away with as much as possible. I know someone who for a few months regularly worked 18 hours a day because there were not enough employees to cover all the contracts they have. And of course that person’s pay did not reflect the hours put in. I am pretty sure labour boards in each province they operate in should be interested in this company. The supervisor I experienced was not equipped to handle any situation. This person would openly stand around and scream at whoever the victim of the day was. Supplies were not readily available. Only some staff would do a good job and the rest would stand around until the shift was done. And I understand why when they are in a toxic situation.
Horribly mismanaged and stressful
I would absolutely not recommend working for this company; there is little to no communication between managers and staff, the supervisors they hire have none of the skills that it takes to supervise, and there was no leadership given to the staff. Frequently being mistreated and disrespected, this is an extremely toxic work environment that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy. No raises or chances to advance.
very interesting
very good job,and have all respect managers and co workers those i meet from different replacement places, and i get more experience to access different machines
Bonne ambiance
J'ai aimé travailler avec vous et j'aimerais retourné
It is an easy job, fun, and humble people in the workplace
Its a pleasure for me to work before at GDI they have a good people and easy to be with them. You don't have to worry about the work and workplace it is so easy and fun.
Direction
C’est une compagnie qui cherche toujours à ce qu’on soit bien dans notre travail
Learn proper cleaning skills.
able to Prove and Improve , every day.
Great management and good equipment.

Military base building expectations were clearly demonstrated.

Large sports facility with pool was a priority for our crew.
Bon
Ambinace favorable
Très actif

Communicatif

Avoir l esprit d'équipe

Motivation favorable

Être attentif
Mismanaged Company
Very little communication with managers, no one actually knows what's going on. No raises, long wait on supplies. Rude and not very understanding about family issues. Would not recommend as an employer.
Do not recommend working here
The job is very easy. However due to management I would not recommend working here. Toxic environment and the amount of drama here is worse than high school
Pros
Monday-Friday 7:30-4. Weekends off
Cons
Almost everything else
relaxed
repedative cleaning, easy going management, friendly people, free lunch days, a wide variety of things to do, enjoyed the environment, very secure, worked inside and outside.
Pros
no supervision
Cons
winter months and snow/ salted floors lots of hand mopping.
Salaire
Salaire de 888$ au 2 semaine. Avec assurance. Assez médiocre.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GDI Services. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7