GDI Facility Services

GDI Facility Services Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Management is kind of meh. My supervisor herself was kind of sexist. It has insanely high turn over, which I think speaks for itself. In the less then a year I was there, we went through 8 employees. We only had 6 positions. When I left I'd been there second longest, everyone else but one person had only been there for a few months
Ask my experience in GDI i manage all the work that they ask me to do..i clean around the office and school im happy to do all the work and mu supervisor like my work.trust and honest are important to work.need to follow all the intraction.
management never helped out employees
employees would be over worked from some many people calling in and missing there shifts

wasn't worth the pay

free lunches (pizza day) was never shared with the night staff
A typical night at work entailed sweeping, mopping and buffing 3 floors(or more on request). There was lots of time to complete the work. Work was frequently inspected. There was no(or very little) promotion from within. This led to a feeling of being stuck in the job with little or no chance at promotion.
During my time with this company I say everything. From managers lying to putting the employees under the bus for not having the supplies to do their job. Your pays will have a mistake 90% of the time and you'll struggle to get your last pay when you leave.
For the sake of not allowing yourself to go three the b.s. I did please stay away.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Managers
made work unbearable...GDI had such poor management skills, that it cause unusual stress with employees. I do not recommend this company... ever!!! {
Good experience
I like to work

Good staffs team work punctual professional using machine

Safety

3 years experience

Team members training you

Good wage
The day to day schedule was good, the supervisor was calm and organized, even sometimes the work was stressful and sometimes also relaxed but I can say I enjoyed working with the team. The only thing that they did not give to me was the working benefits even I worked of almost 3 years.
During my 8 months with this company I saw it all. Favoritism to contact breaches and everything in between. The pay issues and very unreliable managers made going into work dreadful. I left for the reasons stated above and due to the fact they added an extra 3 hours of work into my shift by removing it from the morning and afternoons. Lead hands will get verbally confrontational and will force you into doing their jobs.

Please don't work for this toxic company. They really need to be closed down.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GDI Facility Services?
It's a good starting point to develop skills in management, administrative skills and a good customer service skills. Everyday we encounter tenants everywhere in the building that could help us to practice a good customer service although at times it is challenging as some tenants are being hard to please. Daily managing staff to make sure that the cleanliness in the building are being maintained as per service level agreement and to make sure that jobs are being done according to Health and Safety Policy and procedures. There is also this daily administration work by responding to
all tenant's concerns through answering e-mails, phone calls and and through the implermented application system being used in the company. Other administration jobs that is in the scope of my responsibility are training staff on health and safety policy and procedures, handling inventory and conducting reports to be submitted to the higher management.
Current employee in sarnia. I have been loyal to this company since my hire date. Never missing a day and available to fill in on very short notice. Recently I lost a family member unexpectedly and when I notified my work they insisted I needed to be ar work for my shift. I was given two hours late start by supervisor. I showed up and completed my job only to he written up the next day
Pros
Going home
Cons
No loyalty from onsite mansgement
3 Interview process which makes you think it is reputable company. I was promised a wage increase at 3 months that I never received even after several attempts to rectify it. Had several emails stating it was indeed coming but even after leaving on my own accord it was never paid to me. That was a small piece of the pie. Employee beware. The job was not at all what I was told it would be. I think they seriously need to review the labor laws. This review has nothing to do with the wage increase. They seriously need to brush up on labor standards. We are no longer in the stone ages. I could go on but whats the point. No benefits, plenty of lies, low pay for upper position and no chance of wage increase likely EVER. Toxic work environment and in general everyone very unhappy. The upper management not at all open to fixing problems. They use the "rug" tactic. If it is under the rug it didn't happen. What an eye opener in today's world. Staff had benefits but supervisors did not. Supervisors almost equal pay as staff. Not much incentive there.
Pros
good hours, no weekends.
Cons
too many lies
I have nothing to say about this company because I feel this is good management they have already a best services for society do I don't have any tips for that company
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Over my 2 years at GDI, I have enjoyed working along side a team that are co-operative and hardworking. The management deals with any workplace related issues effectively and considers the feelings and situations of all their employees.
Pros
Manageable work load
Cons
Busy work environment during the school year and events
My thorough nature made me really good at my job. If it where not for the physical strain and some of my medical conditions, I never would have left.
Pros
Constantly changing environment and a feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day
Cons
Hard on the body
well i can say there was never any lack of work. co-works were fine sometimes. kinda felt like there was drama between people from the past. what i took away from it was the job experience