GCS Energy Services Ltd Employee Reviews

Good way to enter the field
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Virden, MB3 January 2019
I love this company for giving me a chance to finally enter into construction, they teach alot about safety and have daily tailgate meetings so that everyone knows what is going on, foremans are kinda harsh and are all from the same family
Good workplace
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB19 March 2018
Management and employees easy to work and get along with, Newer Eqipment was well maintained.Compedative wages and good benefits
Lots of hours Good work/life balance
Excellent employer
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 February 2018
GCS is by far the best company I've worked for yet. They were professional, organized, fair to their workers, safety conscious, down to earth, passionate about the industry, and had awesome equipment. I loved working for them, and hope they have more success in the future.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Work shortages
I enjoy working here for the most part
Foreman/General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 January 2018
Outstanding place to work. Friendly atmosphere, great team work on site locations
The GCS crew’s were great to work with
Striving for more of a balance between work and home Is the only issue
All the hours in a day, amount of days worked in a row Does make for a good pay cheques but a Small home life
Company was dedicated Quality and Client needs, attention to detail.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2018
I will always regret leaving this company, unfortunate that the down turn in the economy forced me to look else where for work. GCS was big enough to bid the large industrial projects, but still lean enough to work with local organizations.
Never Again
Human being (Former Employee) –  Hardisty30 November 2017
The most horrible company I have ever worked for.
Job description did not reflect the expectations that I was under - at all.
For almost a a year I spent 36 days in the field with 2 days off - only if those 2 days were the weekend, otherwise was expected in the office.
No info to do my job with.
Bullied to suicidal.
Office staff are afraid to come out of their offices because the atmosphere is so bad.
Compensation was not related to workload - you had to be the owners friend - or a favorite.
Derogatory pics of women in management offices.
good money
Heavy Equipment Operator/ Foreman (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB10 November 2017
I made epic money there and advanced extremely quick and there is sooo much room for more advancement and more money. You get what you give there. Worth it
Pros
lotsa money
Cons
away from home lots
Well Managed, Great safety culture.
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB25 September 2017
in my time here I learnt a lot about my job, they have a broad selection of information to be learned/ positions to fullfil within the company. Good Safety culture.
great place to work
Foreman/Operator (Current Employee) –  Alberta5 April 2017
this company takes great pride in its workers and has an excellent safety program and culture that starts from the top and is filtered right down to its ground workers.
Was a good work environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 January 2017
Enjoyed running equipment and doing landscaping through the company. Seemed like a great opportunity until the recession pressured lay offs do to lack of contracts.
Pros
Safety Points
Cons
lack of work
My Civil Experience
Lead EH&S Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alberta5 September 2016
I worked with GCS for 4 years. There was a lack of work or I would still be with them. The support from head office was amazing. There is a strong safety culture which I like to think I helped establish. GCS hired a lot of labor with no experience and first timers. I ensured they were working along side mentors to bring them along. I worked closely with Supervision, the Client and the crew, to achieve our goals.
Enjoyed my time here for the most part
Heavy Equipment Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB4 November 2015
Not a bad place to work. Learned quite a bit through longer tenured workers. Too much favouritism, only certain people will advance and too many family members. Family don't seem to get laid off - even if they have just started. Lots of politics!!
Outstanding Employer and staff
Field Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hardisty, AB4 February 2014
Outstanding place to work. Friendly atmosphere, great team work on all site locations, Feels like family. Every Job site is different making work a continuous learning curve. Great mentoring to new employees and you will always feel welcomed.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
N/a
excellent expieriance learning the oilfield construction!
general laborer,driver,oporator (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 April 2013
good people to work with and many oppotunities to advance up the line.
Pros
learned how to operate machinery
Cons
to far from home, all the work has me travelling to alberta
great company to work for
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton Enbridge Expansion site29 November 2012
The GCS crew and supervisors were great to work with and the support I received from my superiors was great.
I am striving for more of a balance between work and home. I would like to work a shift where the time off is almost equivalent to time worked. I have no issue with the hours in a day, only the amount of days worked in a row to days off.
Pros
close to home
Cons
too many days and hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GCS Energy Services Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

GCS Energy Services Ltd Reviews by Location