GCP Applied Technologies Employee Reviews

Excelente
Aprendiz Supply chain (Former Employee) –  Sorocaba, SP21 February 2019
Otimas experiencias, funcionarios agradaveis, vale muito a pena.
Fun work place very easy to move up in the company. They had a ping pong table in the break r
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, TN20 January 2019
Gcp was a great job with great benefits. Everything was good about Gcp it was close to where I live. Working at Gcp taught me a lot of things that I needed to know to move forward in the company. I started working there when I was 19 going on 20.
Pros
They often had gift card giveaways and new opportunities.
Cons
The hours were never stable.
Production
Senior Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA1 September 2018
A great place to work. Management always there to answer questions, forever helpful, supportive, clear and concise direction of work. Labor intensive and collaborative work environment.
Fast paced / short staffed
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA29 August 2018
Fast paced environment / worked closely with internal and external customers. Heavy call work and data entry.
Resources not always available to perform job requirements
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Short staffed to cover work loads
Not available
Project Coordinator, Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL12 June 2018
Not able to form an opinion about this company as I am currently employed. Not happy with culture and the direction the company is going. Looking forward to new opportunities.
High Turnover
CST Operator (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GA8 April 2018
Management was never fully straight forward with plans. Turnover for the job was the highest I have ever seen. Expected to cover for constant short handed employees even in other departments and positions we were not paid for.
A good company with good people
Cost Accountant (Current Employee) –  Muntinlupa City7 April 2018
Working in this company makes me fee like working with family.
Our team works towards customer satisfaction.
Work can sometimes be tiring but having my team helps a lot.
Dysfunctional Management
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA5 April 2018
Met many dedicated employees, but senior leadership is highly dysfunctional -- mostly due to the CEO's lack of self-awareness and 1970s-style management skills.
Pros
Free parking for all employees.
Cons
Building is old and dirty.
Left alone to do what you needed to do
Kovara Central Region Commercial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL. Midwest region 4 states20 March 2018
Typical day would be making appointments. Tracking projects making calls both appointments and cold calls on flooring contractors to gain market share for our distribution chain. Time to time working with distribution to make joint calls.

Using the CMD to find projects and track back through GC to the Flooring contractor.

Building relationships with the Flooring contractors to trust you and your products.

I felt that at times we were being micromanaged with reports and conference calls numerous times in a week, taking time from our duties to push the product to the contractor.
Pros
Lots of freedom good pay and benefits
Cons
For me not doing the job I want to do and Micro management
Good
Analyst/Data Architect (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA19 February 2018
Management is skilled , open, and reasonable. Work life balance is important. Pay increases are based on title changes. Lot of innovation and excitement.
Culture is changing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA9 February 2018
From W.R Grace to GCP there has been great change in both people and culture. With senior management constant change it has become harder to have a clear view on the culture of the company.
The great advantage is the people, who are passionate about what they do and really want to see GCP become a global leader
Pros
People who are passionate
Cons
Lack of culture
Sinking Ship
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA20 December 2017
Company has poor results. No direction and leadership team fails on all levels. No communication among departments. Stuck in the past and no real new fresh talent coming on board. Threat of taking away bonuses along with pension demise is a deterrent.
Wonderful people
Marketing Analyst, Specialty Building Materials (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA20 December 2017
I worked on a challenging project with a smart director who was never intimidating but always supportive while challenging me to achieve more. I was always given due credit for my effort.
My Job
Ststem Administrator Customer Service Delivery (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA18 December 2017
I liked working for GCP technologies for around ten years i have enjoyed most of my time there their have been many challenges and changes and the split form W.R Grace i wish them great success.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
No Advancement
Good company, that needs better alignment of strategy to actions
sales (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MA8 October 2017
Good company, needs better culture and better resource alignment with strategic plan. Every week is a fire drill that could be avoided with a little effort towards planning.
Difficult management environment. Poor scientific methodologies
Senior Research and Development Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA7 September 2017
Glad to be gone. I did not agree with the management or scientific methodologies. The work environment was uncomfortable and most of the mid level management was lack luster at best.
Great company
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA26 August 2017
Results and innovation required for long term success. Establish work life balance early with manager. Sales forecasting accuracy extremely important at all levels.
Pros
People and strong brand
Cons
None.
GCP is a fine place to work
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA17 August 2017
I spent many years of my career at this company and overall it was a positive place to work.

Great benefits and flexible work days.

I enjoyed my interaction with other employees as I worked on
special projects.
don't expect anything
Worker (Current Employee) –  Google1 August 2017
This company relies on a revolving door of contract work. They dangle a "temp to hire" carrot, but never offer it. They let you go after six months even after eluding to a future offer only to pretend it was never offered. Then they add replacement contractors.
Pros
almost zero supervision
Cons
almost zero supervision
Better know your stuff
PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MA28 July 2017
GCP does not have a proper on-boarding or training process for new employees so if you don't know the products your experience may not be the greatest. New products are thrown into the mix with minimal introduction.
Pros
People are dedicated, smart and passionate
Cons
No on-boarding/training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GCP Applied Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.