Gateway Property Management Corporation Employee Review

View all Gateway Property Management Corporation reviews

Unreliable management with minimal chances of career advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2014
After being hired for a permanent, long-term position at Gateway, I was laid off just after an year, as they had to make place for the former staff member who had left on Maternity leave when I was hired.
Organization and work balance at Gateway is slim to none as I often found myself stuck in a position where the management should have been present to rule out the correct directive instead of me.
Apart from 1-2 property managers, the rest are all very unfriendly and rude. Forget saying hi, they don't even return a hello and walk away as ignorant, unprofessional, ill-mannered brats.
Whoever plans on starting a career with Gateway, please be advised that this company will not let you grow and will offer you way less compensation than their competitors, with the proud remark that 'we offer competitive wages and benefits'.
Goodluck, please do not expect to expand your career with GPM.
Pros
Luncheons, good working spaces, clean office
Cons
Poor Management, unorganized procedures, poor salary

Other Gateway Property Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Worst employer
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Delts1 June 2019
As a building caretaker i can tell that They treath the building staff like they are rats .
No salary review no bonus no nothing and finally when they fail to do their job they blame the caretaker
Pros
You see property manager face once a year
Cons
When something doesnt work is the caretaker to blame
Great Atmosphere & Coworkers
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2019
I initially started with Gateway in a Reception role and was quickly able to advance to an Administrative Assistant. Although I was enjoying my job at Gateway, I decided to leave to work with another Property Management company for personal reasons. Working at the other company made me truly appreciate how great Gateway was and I ended up returning. Our office has the most up to date equipment and programs. Gateway encourages employees to continue their professional development by covering courses and conferences.

The environment is fast paced however you are working with a huge team across Canada with a vast pool of knowledge and skill. Whether the person is working at the desk next to you or in an office in BC, you know they are happy to help you. The team culture at Gateway is awesome! It is a family owned company that values their employees and their development. Any employee in any office can easily call up and talk to the owner or executives with any feedback or ideas. You don’t see that often!
The company also offers great benefits, additional days off in the year (for employee appreciation) and team building events.
Pros
Office Environment, Extra Holidays, Benefits, Team Events