Gateway Property Management Corporation Employee Reviews

Great Atmosphere & Coworkers
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2019
I initially started with Gateway in a Reception role and was quickly able to advance to an Administrative Assistant. Although I was enjoying my job at Gateway, I decided to leave to work with another Property Management company for personal reasons. Working at the other company made me truly appreciate how great Gateway was and I ended up returning. Our office has the most up to date equipment and programs. Gateway encourages employees to continue their professional development by covering courses and conferences.

The environment is fast paced however you are working with a huge team across Canada with a vast pool of knowledge and skill. Whether the person is working at the desk next to you or in an office in BC, you know they are happy to help you. The team culture at Gateway is awesome! It is a family owned company that values their employees and their development. Any employee in any office can easily call up and talk to the owner or executives with any feedback or ideas. You don’t see that often!
The company also offers great benefits, additional days off in the year (for employee appreciation) and team building events.
Pros
Office Environment, Extra Holidays, Benefits, Team Events
5 years & counting
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 October 2018
From the moment I started Gateway 5 years ago, I felt it was a friendly & family oriented company. My management team is very approachable answering any questions or concerns I may have regarding my administrative tasks. The benefit package is good & we also have a couple extra holidays throughout the year which is a bonus. There is room for growth here as they usually promote from within. I have yet to be disappointed here at Gateway & truly find it a pleasure working here. Gateway is my 2nd home!
Pros
family oriented
Life is to short to be working at Gateway
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC1 September 2018
Do not nor does the company wish to provide the proper tools for success. Executives only cares about themselves individually, not the company, not the employees and certainly not their customers. It's time to sell. Ethics? What ethics! I did not realize a company like this could even exist. A nightmare that must be known by the owner and executives and zero desire to do any thing. Revolving staffing for good reason.
Pros
Lots of job openings
Cons
There is a good reason why they have job openings
Deserves less than one star
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary14 January 2018
Just under two years and was shown the door without cause. very disorganized operation with bad leadership. Do yourself a favor and dont send your resume as you will regret it.
Pros
nothing
Cons
bad management, overworked, underpaid
Don't bother
Gateway property management (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC7 January 2018
This company is the worse property management company. New supervisor is the worst supervisor I have ever come across. She does.. hmm let me think.. nothing! Upper management isn't any better. I wouldn't recommend working here.
Pros
Free coffee and birthday treats every 1st of the month
Cons
Work load, supervious sucks, upper management sucks, salary is low
Great company to work for, but I was only an "external employee"
Building Manager/Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC4 October 2017
Great relationship with my direct supervisor (property manager), but other than that I did not have any relationships with other company's management or employees.
Very Poor Work Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary9 March 2015
Trying to find info depended on who you talked you, look over there and then someone else would say look somewhere else.

Gateway had policies but seldom were they followed consistently. Place didn't impress me at all,That's about the extent of the work environment.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
work overloads because of outdated manual practices
Dazed and Confused
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2015
Very mixed up place to work, many different versions of processes to follow instead of one set of rules, , finally left after much frustration.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
confusing processes and rules, inexperienced employees
Unreliable management with minimal chances of career advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2014
After being hired for a permanent, long-term position at Gateway, I was laid off just after an year, as they had to make place for the former staff member who had left on Maternity leave when I was hired.
Organization and work balance at Gateway is slim to none as I often found myself stuck in a position where the management should have been present to rule out the correct directive instead of me.
Apart from 1-2 property managers, the rest are all very unfriendly and rude. Forget saying hi, they don't even return a hello and walk away as ignorant, unprofessional, ill-mannered brats.
Whoever plans on starting a career with Gateway, please be advised that this company will not let you grow and will offer you way less compensation than their competitors, with the proud remark that 'we offer competitive wages and benefits'.
Goodluck, please do not expect to expand your career with GPM.
Pros
Luncheons, good working spaces, clean office
Cons
Poor Management, unorganized procedures, poor salary
Excellent Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON26 March 2014
Owner-operated company that prides on utilizing their employees to their full talent. Management is very hands on with their employees with an open door mentality. There is always someone to turn to for advice, whether it be your superior, a co-worker or Director.

Gateway is very family oriented with additional holidays throughout the year for their employees. Employee Appreciation days and events are the norm with this company.

Gateway studies the growing Property Management field on a on-going basis, keeping up with technology to ensure their staff have the proper tools to be successful. Excellent company - highly recommend.
Pros
family oriented, additional holidays company wide.