Gateway Homes Employee Review

View all Gateway Homes reviews

Fun place to work. Enjoyed seeing the children everyday
SUPPORT WORKER (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS2 May 2019
Promote reading, family literacy, and the library as a community resource throughout the community. I was responsible to plan, publicize, and implement programs for adults, children, and families throughout the Summer. I was responsible for the summer program budget including the purchase materials, supplies, snacks, etc. needed for the programs. I was responsible for record keeping involving the number of programs offered, attendance data, etc. needed for the annual report.
Pros
Short Hours
Cons
No sick days

Other Gateway Homes Employee Reviews

Loved this job
Residential Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS5 April 2017
Working with folks with intellectual disabilities is a fun, challenging, and rewarding career. Gateway is flexible and has great morals and truly values the clients they support. I loved working here.
Pros
Great training, amazing clients, free meals, shift flexibility
Cons
Securing full-time employment is difficult
Gateway homes
Residential counsellor (Former Employee) –  Halifax N.S.5 May 2015
I have had the privlledge of sharing several meals at a beautiful well organized and clean home with lovely people. I have had forty years experience in this field and I miss working. I miss the clients I miss the team friendliness I miss the special programs such as the music .Cooking is fun too. I was really impressed.