Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. Employee Review
Good Pay & Good Benefits
Most properties are unionized, so the wages are higher than you would find in typical restaurants. Even for servers/bartenders, there are annual raises above the standard minimum wage raises. They also provide medical and dental benefits to all employees working 30+ hours per week, as well as paid vacation days, paid sick days, and paid breaks. The restaurant staff in Gateway properties actually get breaks (unheard of for F&B), and the kitchen staff all get 1 complimentary daily meal per shift. Seniority is a big thing here, with the most senior staff having set schedules, and the less senior staff being scheduled based off of their stated availability which they can adjust every 6 months (unless they're a student, and then this can be changed every semester). Hours are flexible, and management is accommodating of requested days off, within reason. There are some poor performing employees who would have been fired long ago if they weren't protected by the union, which is a shame, but there are some great employees as well.
Ratings by category
Medical & Dental Benefits; Paid Holidays; Work Life Balance; Set Schedules
They allowed Bullying to happen to me for a solid year. Management fired 50+ of its Loyal employees in the last year and it’s all over the news. They have a Huge debt and expect their Employees to make up for all of it while cutting down their benefits and giving them minimum wage. Be careful of the Hr department they work for the devil I think. Pick any other casino to work at, not GV or Starlight!
Official response from Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.2 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Gateway is a fast growing and energetic company operating within a dynamic industry. We provide a competitive total compensation package, which includes benefits, employee discounts and many growth opportunities across Canada. As with all businesses, we do appreciate cost saving initiatives, but our top priority is ensuring an exceptional customer and employee experience. If you have any suggestions on how we can continue to improve in this area, please feel free to reach out to the Corporate HR team at email@example.com.
fast paced environment, lots of changes, entertainment, very busy with lots of employees. many different venues to work in. benefits provided if qualify
Official response from Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.13 January 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. The gaming and hospitality industry is fast-paced, dynamic and constantly evolving, making it exciting and energetic for our employees. We are constantly making changes to enhance the experience of both our guests and our employees and are growing quite quickly across the country, providing many opportunities to our team members.
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 189 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.
- What is the work environment and culture like at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.?8 people answered
- What is the company culture at Gateway Casinos?6 people answered
- Does Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. require background check?5 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.?4 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.? Wha…4 people answered
- Does Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?3 people answered
- Do employees receive tips3 people answered
- Do part time employees get benefits3 people answered
- Why would you want to work at Lake City Casino?3 people answered
- What are the working hours at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.?3 people answered
See all questions and answers
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. Reviews by Job Title
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. Reviews by Location