Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. Employee Review
Don’t work here
This is a horrible place to work, the work culture is toxic and the Management Poor. You are just a # replaceable by another # that makes less. There are better places to work.
Ratings by category
Gateway has made numerous cut backs since they took over the casino. There are very few permanent jobs with this company. The amount of work hours have been cut back also. There is very little room for advancement. The people I work with are wonderful and we have fun doing our job.
I would recommend this company to work for. The staff has the best crew. The company has a great benefit and pension package. The hours for part time could use a little work. The company shifts are not the best. I have been in this business for a long time. If you can’t work different shifts then this is not a job for you.
Benefits and pension
Shift work, weekend 24/7 open
I worked with OLG before it went to Gateway. Under OLG it was a fun place to work, the atmosphere was great and we made a decent wage. When Gateway took over everyone was stressed out cause no-one knew if they would have a job the next day and just the way they ran things. They ran the place with the smallest amount of staff they could, you would go over above and beyond for them and they would turn around and treat you like garbage in return. They offered people that have been there since the place was opened buyout packages and generally treated people with little to no respect. They offered some people to come back but would come back as part-time, lower wage and no benefits. You can tell that they only cared about making a profit and not a care in the world for the employee. They took what was an awesome work environment and turned it into a very toxic one. My fellow co-workers were the best part of this job!
They don't treat the employees with respect
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 189 reviews
Ratings by category
Questions about Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.
- What is the work environment and culture like at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.?8 people answered
- What is the company culture at Gateway Casinos?6 people answered
- Does Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. require background check?5 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.?4 people answered
- How long does it take to get hired from start to finish at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.? Wha…4 people answered
- Does Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?3 people answered
- Do employees receive tips3 people answered
- Do part time employees get benefits3 people answered
- Why would you want to work at Lake City Casino?3 people answered
- What are the working hours at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.?3 people answered
See all questions and answers
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. Reviews by Job Title
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. Reviews by Location