Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd. Employee Review

Don’t work here

31 March 2020
This is a horrible place to work, the work culture is toxic and the Management Poor. You are just a # replaceable by another # that makes less. There are better places to work.
9 August 2019
Same location
Count Attendant (Current Employee) - Chelmsford, ON
Gateway has made numerous cut backs since they took over the casino. There are very few permanent jobs with this company. The amount of work hours have been cut back also. There is very little room for advancement. The people I work with are wonderful and we have fun doing our job.
8 July 2020
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) - Innisfil, ON
I would recommend this company to work for. The staff has the best crew. The company has a great benefit and pension package. The hours for part time could use a little work. The company shifts are not the best. I have been in this business for a long time. If you can’t work different shifts then this is not a job for you.
Pros
Benefits and pension
Cons
Shift work, weekend 24/7 open
2 July 2020
Security Officer (Former Employee) - Clinton, ON
I worked with OLG before it went to Gateway. Under OLG it was a fun place to work, the atmosphere was great and we made a decent wage. When Gateway took over everyone was stressed out cause no-one knew if they would have a job the next day and just the way they ran things. They ran the place with the smallest amount of staff they could, you would go over above and beyond for them and they would turn around and treat you like garbage in return. They offered people that have been there since the place was opened buyout packages and generally treated people with little to no respect. They offered some people to come back but would come back as part-time, lower wage and no benefits. You can tell that they only cared about making a profit and not a care in the world for the employee. They took what was an awesome work environment and turned it into a very toxic one. My fellow co-workers were the best part of this job!
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
They don't treat the employees with respect
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8