Gatestone & Co. Inc Employee Reviews

Management is sub par
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Only take a job here if you have absolutely no other option.
The management is horrible and they give you peanuts for a lot of mental pressure.
You are always on the clock and you have to meet ridiculous KPIs.
Productive and fun working environment
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON10 April 2018
It was fun to work there, with some challenges. Learned to have the professional telephonic conversation with customers. Coming up with quick and beneficial ideas to solve customer problems. Management is good.
Telemarketer
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2018
They fool you with their appearance but its totally ruthless. Avoid this place!!!! Its all pure collections and a total waste of your time. They will hang up on you when doing outbound calls and its just not worth the time and money. Go work at Mcdonalds
Pros
nice space
Cons
Long hours sitting in one place, no purpose to the business
i like this work place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 January 2018
I am so happy with the management

they helped me a lot and I learned so many things from them

I recommend this company and I advised whoever is new and no experience
Avoid this place at ALL costs
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Hands down one of the worst working experiences I've ever had. Gatestone is a revolving door, and job security is non -existent. I worked on the Bank of America portfolio, and I literally gave up on trying to get to know people because they would be fired within a few weeks. For what reason? You'd be surprised at how stupid the reasons were. I've seen people who worked there for many years get FIRED in the middle of the day! Out with the old, in with the new.
And don't even get me started on the pay...oh please. The only good thing about this place was the friends I made, and my supervisors were amazing until they got fired too of course). The office culture is so bad, several of my friends and I quit one day at the same time.
Avoid Gatestone...TRUST ME.
This is a fast pace workplace
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
Working at Gatestone was an eye opener for me, this was actually my first official work environment since arriving in Canada and i must confess that i enjoyed everyday i worked there.
Pros
Positive working enviroment
Cons
Bank of Montreal was a fun place to work with a lot of wonderful colleagues.
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 July 2017
Gatestone was a fun place to work with a lot of wonderful colleagues. The favorite part about my job was the fact that you could actually tell you were making a difference each time to resolved a client's problem
Good commision
Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
*Good work environment.
*Friendly co-workers.
*Great comm
*no flexible hrs
* good pay.
*great means to educate yourself, learn and experience more
*Conducive.
Cons
long hours, no flexible hrs
Collector
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2017
The other employees are great, my supervisor was nice,and the money was good. I got burn't out by my second week on the collection floor. If you like being nice to people this isn't the job for you.I got two weeks of training in training they made it seem like everyone on the floor had been there for 6 months to a year .Once you get on the collection floor your realise that your not special, Gatestone hires a new crop of 40 people week. Because a new person either quits or gets every week fired before the end of the 3 month probation. The Executive for Amex were I worked walks around like a dark grey cloud asking if you made sales yet a couple times a day.

The women beside me quit on my first day on the floor. We started at 9 am and she was gone by 9:15 am.
Pros
good money free nice water bottle
Cons
you get burn't out quickand you don't get commission until 3 months after u made the sale
Great place to work for more office admin experience.
Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 April 2017
Am currently working at gatestone for about 1 yr and and half. Its a big company with lots of employees. Certain deptartments have alot of hire and fires. Luckly my dept and especially the mangr and supervisor are not like that.company has paid training and group meeting to help you be better. Loved how flexiable the schedual could be. And how much the company alows you to make up for lost time. And work extra hours ( even though not paid for ) so you are able to make your target and get commision. Has a shuttle that takes you to the subway after work and picks you up from the subway and takes you to work in the mornings. Firendly enviorment great people to work with initially. Decent shifts and breaks. Has an amazing luchroom with free wifi.
Pros
Commision, grt ppl to work with, flexable hours, free wifi, shuttle bus, paid training before and during the job.
Cons
Commision percentage could be more
Very stressful environment. Better accounts are given to certain collectors
Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
I found the job to be very stressful. The department I worked for was extremely frustrating. Favorites are played among collectors so certain collectors will get the better files and make 40 calls a day, while other collectors make 100 or more and they get terrible files. It's a big company with a lot of employees who are always hiring and always firing. They want you, and somewhat expect you to work overtime but you will not get paid for it. In my department I think I was the only person who didn't hate the manager. The supervisor was nice but tells the staff what the manager tells him in confidence about the employees. Very odd situation. Otherwise the people were very nice, CO workers. If you don't mind working for a company where you are just another face, it's not that bad. Although I use to hate getting up to go to work.
Pros
Lunch periods, cafeteria, co workers, pays ok
Cons
Long hours, stressful, favoritism
Horivle workplace
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  North York, ON6 February 2017
Management there is horrible.
There is favoritism.
The only good thing I could possibly say is that they ALWAYS HAVE overtime. And the coworkers are great....most of them. Other then that I would not recommend it
very team orientated
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2017
very fun place to work and team work good atmosphere good manager great team
looking for people with an enthusiastic attitude.
Pros
free prizes
Cons
short hours
Great place to improve basic corporate skills
Junior Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
The work is not hard in terms of physical stress. Sometimes it gets emotionally tiring, but you ll get over it. If you work towards your goals and targets, you can excel. I worked a short period of time, learnt key functions and skills that is expected in every employee. Especially communication, negotiations, decision making and typewriting too. Its a great place to work if you are good with people and handling them (on phone). Great work culture too.
Warm and Focused
Customer Service Representative /Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2015
Warm and Focused
Detailed work
management nice and dedicated
Co workers-friendly
hardest part-none
End of year parties
Fast paced, energetic
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Toronto, On22 June 2015
I learned a lot about banking policies and financial management.
I was able to learn how to use the AS 400 Program and gained a lot of new knowledge about credit cards, banking and credit reports and how they work.

The hardest part of my job I felt was the constant change in management and policies that were continuously being added and we had to make sure that we were constantly informed and up to date on implementing these new polices.

The most enjoyable part was learning everything new.
Pros
Learning how to manage your own credit
Cons
inconsistent management
The management of this company is a joke
Supporting Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 April 2015
"everyone is overloaded." said by management. (and yet, still cutting down budgets on hiring)
cutting down benefits every year.
company is located in a very inconvenient place except you have your own transportation.
Pros
Na
Cons
too many to list
Collegues are realy good, management very bad.
Outsource Collector (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 September 2014
Its pretty occupied, soon you enter the work place system generate calls. Sometimes, very frustrating that customers give very bad attitude & rude at the beginning of the shift and ends the day with last call.

I have learnt how to be patient, confident and strong. Management is very bad, strick rules, very less lunch breaks, very frustrated to employees.

Handling customers over the phone sometimes who do not understand or speak english, Someone is very hard to talk to, and tried my best to give very excellent service and collecting debt.Learned to be patient, confident and polite.

Co-workers they are very friendly , helpful and support each other.
Pros
No pressure during the work hours from mangement & no targets.
Cons
long hours, less breaks and very bad management.
work is very challenging
COLLECTION REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 June 2012
typical day at work is very busy
what i learned was, probing consumers, achieving goals
good management
co-workers are very helpful and friendly, fun
hardest part of job is to get hold of the consumers
most enjoyable part of the job is get joy when i get hold of the consumer help them to pay their debt and achieving my goals
Pros
facing new challenging everyday
benefits