Gatestone & Co. Inc Employee Reviews

Read!
Junior Collector (Former Employee) –  180 Duncanmill Rd14 March 2019
Gatestone is a great place to start if you’re bored and looking for something to do. If you’re not reliant on this job it’s perfect. Worked for AMEX US campaign and although I did learn a lot from my managers and fellow coworkers it’s a lot to deal with for the pay. Seniority is a main factor and it’s okay for them to break compliance rules due to their higher balances but if you were to go ahead and do so by ‘MISTAKE it’s bye bye to you. Collectors who have been there for a while are favoured. You get belittled if you don’t do what’s required behind your back to your other co workers by management. Management are understanding to an extent but don’t want to be! They say you will receive commission but again; thats more pointed to seniority although it is promised whilst moving up on to other teams. It is truly a prime product of management overworking their employees without them giving a care about them, unless it of course benefits them in anyway! This job was good while it lasted but had to leave due to medical issues, contacted my supervisor showing doctors notes and no reply. Co-worker had informed me I’ve been terminated and no management had contacted me regarding that, expected a bit more professionalism since that’s all they demand from us considering I had worked there for a year.
Pros
Free wifi clean building
Cons
Pay, management, expensive deli
Good Supervisors, bad pay
AMEX COLLCECTION AGENT (Former Employee) –  180 Duncan Mill Rd #300, North York, ON M3B 1Z621 February 2019
Most of the supervisors are really good, the problem is there really is no room for growth and the pay is not good at all. There is also a big turn around rate, I can now see why.
Only suitable for start
CIBC representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Demanding job with zero job security, they can transfer you easily between departments, not enough training, salary is minimum and bonuses are ridiculous.
Abusive Work Environment
Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
RUN! Run as fast as you can. The exterior looks appealing but like they say NEVER judge a book by its cover. They make up a title just for friends. EW
Pros
working with agents
Cons
very good organisation to learn north american consumer behavior , good place to work as the environment is very conducive to work
Customer service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2018
Gatestone INC. is a very good organisation to learn the typical North American customer behavior and their reaction. The company allows employee to learn and grow. They also encourage the employee to share the feedback and the policies are very transparent. Management always come up with all the latest organisational update and share the same with the employee which make them feel valuable and part of the system.

The office environment is very healthy and clean and HR always have some fun and engagement activities which help the employee to feel refresh after a typical busy and demanding working day.
I wish they were more accomodating.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2018
The staff and employees were good. I actually liked this job and enjoyed the ability to work overtime. The artificial light and real light combination was causing me migraines and when I started wearing sunglasses to keep from getting migraines. I was told if they weren't prescription I was not allowed to use them on the floor. My migraines went for lasting 3 days to 3 weeks and me leaving work in tears because I was in so much pain. If they had worked with me, I would probably still be there.
Pros
Free Wifi and tablets in lunch room.
Cons
Could not accomodate my condition.
Horrible Place to work at
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 December 2018
This place is horrible and one of the worst places to work at. I worked here for a month and quit. The company requires so many regulations but cant pay a good wage.
productive workplce
TSR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
Productive workplace, cool envieroment, nice management, informative team leads. Nice attetiud. Good location. Big parking area. New building is perfect and luxury.
Management/
CSR for Shaw (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
The management here sucks no respect for people rights as workers the pay is low the hours are long. I made a complaint to HR and they turn around and gived me a warning and not the person who I reported on got a warning. They are giving Team Leader Postion to friends and they do not do the employees promotion process probably. They welcome you with open arms @ first and then after they hire you it’s a whole different story.
Cons
Bad management bad work hours for little pay. No caring for employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2018
I learnt a lot working here skills that I am able to transfer onto other jobs I picked up here. I enjoyed working at GateStone, and relating with multi cultural staff and clients
Fun work place
Outsource Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
A great place to work and gain experience about the collection industry in Canada.

The place has a great working culture and everyone is ready to support each other and make everyone feel as a part of a winning team
Management is sub par
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2018
Only take a job here if you have absolutely no other option.
The management is horrible and they give you peanuts for a lot of mental pressure.
You are always on the clock and you have to meet ridiculous KPIs.
Productive and fun working environment
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Don Mills, ON10 April 2018
It was fun to work there, with some challenges. Learned to have the professional telephonic conversation with customers. Coming up with quick and beneficial ideas to solve customer problems. Management is good.
Telemarketer
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 February 2018
They fool you with their appearance but its totally ruthless. Avoid this place!!!! Its all pure collections and a total waste of your time. They will hang up on you when doing outbound calls and its just not worth the time and money. Go work at Mcdonalds
Pros
nice space
Cons
Long hours sitting in one place, no purpose to the business
Fun place and learning environment
Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2018
The team allows you to learn and grow. All the queries are handled timely and effectively. The shifts are easy to work within and also ensure all benefits are given to the employees.
i like this work place
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  North York, ON15 January 2018
I am so happy with the management

they helped me a lot and I learned so many things from them

I recommend this company and I advised whoever is new and no experience
Avoid this place at ALL costs
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Hands down one of the worst working experiences I've ever had. Gatestone is a revolving door, and job security is non -existent. I worked on the Bank of America portfolio, and I literally gave up on trying to get to know people because they would be fired within a few weeks. For what reason? You'd be surprised at how stupid the reasons were. I've seen people who worked there for many years get FIRED in the middle of the day! Out with the old, in with the new.
And don't even get me started on the pay...oh please. The only good thing about this place was the friends I made, and my supervisors were amazing until they got fired too of course). The office culture is so bad, several of my friends and I quit one day at the same time.
Avoid Gatestone...TRUST ME.
This is a fast pace workplace
CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 August 2017
Working at Gatestone was an eye opener for me, this was actually my first official work environment since arriving in Canada and i must confess that i enjoyed everyday i worked there.
Pros
Positive working enviroment
Cons
Bank of Montreal was a fun place to work with a lot of wonderful colleagues.
Call Centre Rep (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 July 2017
Gatestone was a fun place to work with a lot of wonderful colleagues. The favorite part about my job was the fact that you could actually tell you were making a difference each time to resolved a client's problem
Good commision
Collector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
*Good work environment.
*Friendly co-workers.
*Great comm
*no flexible hrs
* good pay.
*great means to educate yourself, learn and experience more
*Conducive.
Cons
long hours, no flexible hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gatestone & Co. Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Gatestone & Co. Inc Reviews by Location