Gates Corporation

Gates Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada43 reviews
Nice relaxed place to work.
Some employees were worth avoiding.

Management was sub par.

Wages were doable but could be better.

Work was sometimes chaotic & disorganized.

People were mostly good.

Supervisor was good after we had an argument and made up, he doesn't take attitude and I respect that.
Pros
Good pace of work, most employees were good
Cons
Wages at median rate, chaotic and disorganized at times, night supervisor was a terror and unsafe
coworkers are fairly good. sometimes they misbehave due to excess load of work.
poor management. doesn't care about employee. they can fire anytime they want without relevant reason.

mandatory working saturday
Pros
competitive wage
Cons
poor management
It was a great experience to work with. I have got promoted multiple times in past 4 years. I like the management since every single one of them were highly motivated.
Pros
Closeer to my house
Cons
I really enjoyed my time there. Great people to work with made me comfortable from my first day. Supervisor was great, always talking to me asking how I’m doing. All around greatness. Upcoming holidays we got pizza which was awesome!
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Shortage of work, sent home
I started as a temp,Got hired full time it took a while but eventually did .then due to covid19 got laid off would love to go back and just waiting for call of return and will definitely return. love my job there and the people and management on afternoon shift are great people and very easy to deal with but the plant very hot!!! Its a great place to work as long as you are a hard worker and really want to work.
Pros
Pay and benifits
Cons
Short breaks
I was employed by Atlas Hydraulics then Gates Corp bought us out, made all kinds of promises to not change things and then the decline came. Within 2 years of being Gates they have become one of the worst employers in town.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No good place to work everyone anger all the time worse they treat you like garbage fire you for anything I suggest no one work here there very rasict they yell at you for no reason at all.
Hope you hate everybody that you live with because all of your kind will be spent at Gates.. we call it Gates of H*ll LOL they had mandatory overtime almost every single weekend for an entire year I had no time for family or kids I missed out on a lot they had me working 6 days a week Monday to Saturday night shift...not 1 fuk was given about a single employee
they came in and changed everything-- right now they have a mandatory 6 day work week and quality has gone downhill --the people on the floor are good but they are not happy anymore
They are rude and disrespectful, they dont care about their employees just want product out to customers working constant over time, barely any pay raises. barely made a living off the pay. didnt allow anyone to have a chance to do anything. rude managers. no respect for needing days off
Fairly clean environment, air conditioned plant. Good benefits, tool allowance. Able to bank overtime.
3 shift rotation a big negative, company is publicly traded, management is more worried about the dollar sign then keeping employees happy , which is sad to see. Otherwise good place to work
Gained a lot of experience from Gates Corporation. Great co-workers over there also and great staff, A lot of work, they keep you busy and they give you opportunities to earn new position spots.
I worked for this company from December 10, 2000 to February 01, 2002 on a contract deal as an SPC Coordinator.
I liked the work environment, the cooperative staff, and the organization of the place, in general. Management understood the job necessity and provided all the tools that are required to perform the task within the assigned time frame, and the designated working area.
Communication across departments is not great, and the management team is poorly skilled to lead a necessary transformation to solve this problem.
The upside is that engineers and technicians generally are highly skilled at their work, therefore things get done, but painfully.
Only worked at Gates as part-time for a period of 1 year. Even though kept on applying for full-time jobs but unfortunately most jobs were given to people with more seniority or in-house employees.
Fournisseur des plusieurs pinces d'auto dans un marche très compétitif.
Pros
bon produits
Cons
pas un bon salaire
Welcome to the company where every schedule is made up and common sense doesn't matter.

there is no such thing as a typical day as there are so many mistakes done by so many departments that the entire plant runs on the edge of falling apart.
Pros
management gets paid for overtime
Cons
You are replaceable and you will be replaced as soon as you burn out or go crazy
closed years ago, moved to the states, when in Strathroy,was a good place to work,decent wages for small town,good benefits,good place to work then...
Pros
decent wage
Cons
no longer in business
The employees are very nice people and always willing to help. It is air conditioned and very quite. However, management is clueless and makes horrible decisions regarding the company.
Pros
air conditioned, quite, good co-workers
Cons
management is clueless
A great job for those who are coordinated, work well in teams, culturally sensitive, pay attention to details, have great communication skills, average body build, and overall professional.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Standing for long periods of time
Worked on the line with other employees. Made a great group of friends that i still associate with. Acceptable salary and benefit plan. seemed like the company was all about rotating employees in and out. No job security.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Leadership