Gates Corporation Employee Reviews

what a disaster
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 November 2018
Welcome to the company where every schedule is made up and common sense doesn't matter.

there is no such thing as a typical day as there are so many mistakes done by so many departments that the entire plant runs on the edge of falling apart.
Pros
management gets paid for overtime
Cons
You are replaceable and you will be replaced as soon as you burn out or go crazy
Design E (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 January 2018
It is good place to work with good managers and good work ethics. restructuring under new management is under experiment to prove themselves. it going to develop company at very good position.
Do not work at Gates but have interviewed with them
Interviewed for position in accounting (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 January 2017
I've recently interviewed for an accounting position with Gates. I've been waiting to hear back from them and see today that they have reposted the position. They did not contact me to let me know I was no longer in the running.

Gates Management, if you are reading this, please give candidates the respect we deserve. Follow up with the candidate after meeting with them. We know you are very busy but we have taken the time to meet with you and some of us took the extra time to send a post-interview thank you. Interviewing to fill an open position is part of doing business... You would get back to a customer or supplier!

Please understand that I am not bitter about not getting the position, there's plenty of others to choose from with my skill set. I am being particular about which company I want to work for and chose to apply to you because I viewed Gates to be a reputable, solid company. However, I have now lost a great deal of respect for your organization.

I would have rated all zeros but that is not an option on this site.
Great Company
Lean Specialist (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON8 November 2015
Acceptable salary and benefit plan.
Excellent work environment despite working in a unionized factory setting.
Innovative and advanced product development department leads to an ever changing production landscape as we continuously strive to diversify.
Negative Environment
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Windsor9 October 2015
No confidence in the leadership. All about rotating employees in and out. No job security, poor work environment. They people are not treated with respect. Very negative and uninspiring.
Pros
pay
Cons
leadership
Factory
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 May 2013
Worked on the line with other employees. Made a great group of friends that still talk
Pros
good pay
Cons
closed