GateGourmet

GateGourmet Employee Reviews

Canada133 reviews
Lot of physical activities and mentally stress as well
Gate gourmet is a enterprise in which the food packaging the the primary paintings for flights . Its honestly worrying as everything should be geared up at the time . Toughest part is that plenty of physical activities included as well as mentally . So can without difficulty tired both as mentally and bodily
Poor management
The benefits it's awesome but the work is very stressful specially if you are the driver. We used old trucks and it's not reliable during winter time the trucks has no heat while your working with -40 temperature... manager is nice to u when he needs you but when the business start to slowdown he will treat you like a garbage and he's racist...
Worst workplace
Worst place to work for , managers will treat you like you are a machine and they can call you anytime like you dont have personal life , especially manager named satish who has egoistic issues and unprofessional behaviour and thinks he is the owner of company and treats same way as where workers are treated frm the place where he belongs
Fun workspace with freel
Fun work place
provided lunch/dinner etc

shifts depended on your pace - have to complete certain flights before - shifts can last up to 12 hours

No uniform
Pros
free lunches
Cons
shifts can last all day - 12 hours
Good place for working
In a getegourmet people can work easily because everything in all departments are easy. I worked here almost 10 month. All the coworkers are very helpful
Unionized But
Although the workplace is unionized, there are so many cases of unexplainable working situations like seniority, vacation and sick leave benefits that are not given but supposed to be available. Certain shift and assignment jobs are on the whim of the team lead or supervisor.

Management shows that they become active only during audit.
Company don't care about you
I worked there for 1 year and few months back, accidently I scratched a plain a little bit and they fired me. You have no job security. They don't care. Company just wanna save their own back. They don't have your back.
Productive workplace, included lunches.
- Typing in customer service issues throughout the day
- lunch is open at 12.

- workplace culture is very easygoing

- hardest part of the job was working with managers who often weren't sure how to improve operations or make use of hardworking employees.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GateGourmet?
It was fun and comfortable working at Gate gourmet
I had very good time working at Gate gourmet. If I didn’t have to move from ontario to British Columbia, I would have continued working there. Supporting people and good team work
Gate Gourmet Montreal
Everything was great. To the Sous chefs to my fellow cooks they are all great. They all helped me a lot when i first started. So sad to leave but we have to move to another province.
Pros
Great work environment, good salary
Cons
Fast paced, stressful sometimes.
Great company
management very friendly I love to working gate gourmet 100% benefit I’m working since 2006 i never any issue Great and nice people I’m still working working on call
productive and exciting
- good working relationship between co-workers and manager
- gathering more experience from company policy and procedure

- past place in daily routine work

- clean environment

- other additional duties to comply

- fun and helping people

- under with high supervision
Overall good workplace
Typical day is usually nicely paced. Lots of downtime. When you do work its fast and can be hard. Has a great culture, everybody is friendly and gets along.
Fun place to work
Fun place to work, but fast pace and somewhat stressful. Management is a little hard to do with, but as long as you do your job and get the flight done on time. U are good. Working five days a week with lots of overtime during summer time.
Worse Place Ever
Would never recommend, terrible managers.
This place has many oven, commercial dishwashing machines at temperature at 6am in in the high 30 degrees. There is no windows, and no working air conditioning.

Its extremely hot and you are not allowed to have a water bottle close .by.
Competitive job
Challenging, quick and physically demanding.
Mentally alert most the time and quick to come up with creative solutions.

It can be stressful during the seasonal.
Great for part time but erratic hours
It's great place for part time work but your hours are often cut because of extra labour so it's not the most stable. It's ok if you need a little extra cash as a student.
Productive Workplace
Enjoyed my time at Gate Gourmet. Learned a lot over the years and worked my way up to management. Established working relationships that will last over the years.
What makes it bearable is the team you work with...
Fast paced environment, you are always behind the clock because your job is related to the departure of the flights. Trying to keep up with all the requests for the customers is very hard and standardized the processes even more due to the amount of employees.
Poor
Supervisors don’t know what their doing,favoritizm.the boss sucks . And very stupid.the scheduled and not good the food is suck,all frozen.just rehaeat and serve
Fun place to work
Usually buys during charter season but we always gets the job done.
Fun place to work at. Very competitive and will surely help you grow as a person. People are so approachable and management will always listen to your suggestion.