Quick and fast paced environment
Superviseur des Transports/Dispatch et Opérations (Current Employee) – Montréal, QC – 26 September 2018
Typical day at work:
- Create a daily planning for airlines to be catered,
- Ensure proper amount of personnel required for daily operations, (ex. replacing sick calls)
- Answer clientel phone calls 50-60% of the time
- Follow up and make changes to the planning according to flight delays, mechanical or aircraft changes.
- Assign drivers their schedules and update on daily work / important events/ tasks/ training,
- Advise kitchen/ final assemblers of constant aircraft swaps or changes of galleys,
- Verify galleys are ready to ensure proper delivery before aircraft departures.
Great Team!! Always encouraging and very helpful.
What I learned:
Data analysis/management, working under stress, finding solutions
Work place culture:
Friendly, fast paced work environment, constant changes.
Hardest part of the job:
Everything happens simultaneously.
Most enjoyable part of the job:
The satisfaction of doing an excellent job everyday in what could be described as crazy by others.
24 hour operations = long hours