Garibaldi Glass Industries Employee Reviews

Not a place for Journeyman Millwrights
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC19 February 2019
There is a lack of leadership in the maintenance department. There is little to no training on the equipment and you are constantly “fighting” to find something productive to do or learn. And their in-house “expert” doesn’t know his head from a hole in the ground, treats anyone new like they are an idiot and doesn’t except input from those that do have experience in the field. This place has a bad habit of telling you one thing and then doing something completely different. Can’t even get a straight answer in locking out the equipment and the important safety training wasn’t put in place until after someone was injured. After 1.5 weeks of working here I was already looking for something new and that was an actually Millwright job not a simple maintenance technician job.
Pros
Popcorn fridays
Cons
Everything else
Exciting growth and variety
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 August 2017
Managing the entire sales group from day to day sales to large projects there is always something that you can be challenged with. The company serves many markets with many products and has grown tremendously over the last seven years. Strategically focused on continuing that growth over the next five years.
Pros
lots of travel
Cons
long hours, tactical rather than strategic
productive and fun
production worker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 August 2016
- a well-oriented team of people who work as a team to establish a good & productive results.

- I learned to work with minimum supervision.
- My co-workers are very friendly and easy to deal with.
Pros
have gym and a table tennis
Cons
location is quite far
My impressions and experience working at Garibaldi Glass
Truck Driver/Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC15 August 2013
typical day at work

- reviewing the work that needs to be done and making notes about contacting people or if anything needs to be resolved I'll deal with it in a timely fashion so problems won't occur.

-Pretrip truck and then deliver and interact with customers through out the day and deal with any issues that may arise in a timely and professional manner.

What I learned

-that dealing with people in a respectful and friendly manner is always the best approach at problem solving and getting the job done.

- even with experience new challenges always come up and I have to be ready to deal with them in the appropriate manner to make the job go more smoothly.

My immediate 2 supervisors are very good to work with and we have a good working relationship and we all trust each other to get the job done in a safe and timely manner.

Co-workers

-I largely work on my own, as required by the job and have good working and personal relationships with my staff at the production facility and other drivers.

-when I encounter new co-workers, I always introduce myself and make myself available for any help or questions they might have. Often I'm proactive on providing helpful tips on how to make the job easier or safer.

The hardest Part of the job

-slowdowns in the winter

The most enjoyable part of the job

- I love driving and dealing with my customers and helping them above and beyond the regular norms.
Pros
fun challenging job
Cons
slow work in winter