GARDEWINE Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2019
Worst company on this planet. Everyone is rude and ignorant to the drivers, head office in Winnipeg will not talk to drivers. They take pay away when they think you didn't drive till you drop. they have no respect for hours of service and want you to break the rules.
DO NOT WORK HERE!
Pros
There are not any
Cons
Every rotten thing you can imagine is this company
Berrer pay elsewhere!!
Class 1 deck (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 March 2019
Do not know about other areas but Winnipeg deck is falling hard. I am currently on Indeed looking for a new job and will show them the same respect when I quit as they showed me.
Total waste if time
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 March 2019
Shortest job Ive ever had. How this company has managed any kind of growth is extraordinary. Management however friendly are constantly graspin at straws to function. Of course all the sht rolls downhill to the driver. On top of tolerating the nonsense,lousy pay their equimpent is junk and for repaits better fill out the paperwork and prepare to wait.
Pros
Cons
Gardewine
Hard work for little pay
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 January 2019
They train you for a lot of things, expect you to work long hours for little/minimum pay. The management is bad, they do not listen nor seem like they care about what your wants/needs are. If you are looking for a part-time it is only night shifts, usually starts around 3 pm, depending on which department you are in. No benefits as a part-time.
Cons
High expectations for low pay. No benefits for part-time workers.
Absolutely awful
Office Upstairs.. (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2019
Don't count on missing a day due to circumstances out of your control - broken balcony window from construction crew. Management will call you in for a meeting and humiliate you in front of your useless supervisor.

Culture: management walks around with its nose up in the air. Coworkers stick to themselves and there was absolutely NO interaction within my department.

The building itself is a dump (falling ceiling, dirty carpets, filthy workstations). Unsanitary work conditions, and toxic work environment.
Cons
Unfair management, lack of team exchange, very dirty offices, building is deplorable condition.
Track-driver
Shunt Driver (Former Employee) –  Missisauga13 January 2019
Lead from agency. They assured us that the work is constant, the truck is full of garbij, the yard is half out of light, but we pay $ 23.31 ........ A total of 40-50 trillion is issued. After months On Friday after work they called from the agency, they refused me. Make no mistakes, sing beautifully - sweep up even better!
Pros
Zero
Cons
lies and cowardice
Bad place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON28 November 2018
If you like having people yell at you all the time this is the place. Management doesnt listen to your concerns or do they care. All they care about is getting freight delivered. What is acceptable today isnt tomorrow. Was very stressed out working here. Nothing will change till they get rid of the old boys club mentality. They wouldnt fix equipment. Worse place I worked in my 23 yrs in the industry
Cons
Great opportunity to expand in the Transport Industry, but very hectic.
LOGISTICS COORDINATOR (CO-OP WORK TERM 1) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2018
No doubt it is a great company with great people and a very strong company history. However, business practices are very stringent and can become overwhelming.
Family
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB27 March 2018
A wonderful group of people to work for. I really enjoy working with all the people I've come to know here. We have an amazing management team that is very understanding of family commitments and offer amazing balance for their staff.
Dramatic and angry
Dock Foreman (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 March 2018
good job if your good at politics. huge company so there's many different ways to move up. if you have are calm and patient and can handle people fighting you every step of the way this is the perfect company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
in fighting and politics
Productive and a fun work place
Stripper (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 January 2018
It was a good work environment the only problem is that it was too dirty overall tho it was a good experience to have worked for a good company and I am proud to say I have worked there
team work
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 December 2017
i like to work in team. I am an independent worker as well.With various skills like time conscious, attitude, fast-paced. Iwant to become a professional radio announcer and camera operator as well as a confidential employ.
Really out going staff
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 November 2017
The staff at gradwine are so amazing and I’m glad I had the experience to work in such a great environment. It’s hard labour but it really pays off in the end
Labour and plenty of repetition tasks
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 October 2017
Working for Gardewine is my first warehouse job experience. Gardewine is a fast-paced environment and teaches you hands on during your time there, which is great. Although, the management could improve. Supervisors tend to abuse their power in command against a lot of the dockworkers, and could be a very intimidating place to be work at.
Great workplace
Billing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 August 2017
Friendly colleagues and diverse culture environment where everyone are acknowledge by their skills and talent. Work setting is great too, you will get your comfortability right away.
management needs work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 May 2017
the drivers I worked with were a great bunch, and more professional than management. Management not so great. No responsibility by management for repairs or service to building. If you have allergies, avoid working here as it will make you sick.
good company to work for
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 September 2016
good place to work,good people to work with overall,linehaul dispatch was great to work with ran all the miles you wanted. enjoyed running northern ontario.
good company for many years, downhill lately
Truck Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Vaqncouver, BC./Winnipeg, MB.12 September 2016
I started on the west coast and spent 11 good years there. They shut the operation in Vancouver and when I moved to Winnipeg things were starting to degrade. Typically I wouldn't know what I was doing until either the day before or the same day. I did not get along with one particular person in driver services and he made my life hard. Most of my co-workers were good. I had no time for a social life and the money could have been better. I have always enjoyed driving and that made the job more tolerable.
Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2016
productive and fun
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB11 July 2016
my co workers are a great bunch to work with they work hard and there is a great social committee.

Management never stops teaching you new things
Pros
family oriented

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GARDEWINE. Our community is ready to answer.