GARDEWINE GROUP INC Employee Reviews

Good, easy work
Parcel Driver (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 October 2017
I'm happy with Gardwine. Even with a lot of staff they are quick to give me all the information about my runs. The Staff are friendly and helpful. Many different job opportunities.
Pros
Vacation pay, friendly staff.
Cons
Hours may change a lot
Not a good place to work
Lead Hand loading docks (Current Employee) –  Lively, ON28 February 2017
My review about gardewine is it is a very dangerous and unsafe place to work. Management doesn't seem to do anything about it this causing much stress on people.
Pros
Cons
Mental abuse
it was a great place to work,
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 February 2017
it was so much fun at work as i did unloading and loading in trailers and dock with forklift or electric pallet jacks.i learnt to drive electric pallet jack and forklift in this job and i absolutely loved it,i had a good people as my bosses.workplace culture was awesome as everybody was so friendly and helped me a lot during my initial phase.most enjoyable part was the job itself i.e. drivinf forklift itself
Pros
flexible job hours
Cons
not much
Great junior staff, serious senior management issues
Western Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 January 2017
A highly-dedicated and skilled group of Transportation professionals, constantly battling an outdated and arbitrary senior management team.

Gardewine struggles to place progressive, forward-thinking managers in key positions, and the result is a very short-term view of the business and the employees. Reluctance to invest in quality people and ideas, a dislike of non-traditional business styles and a general willingness to sacrifice safety and employee QOL for the sake of short-term goals leads to higher turnover and inhibits the building of quality long-term customer relationships.
Pros
Profit sharing, genuinely nice people at all levels
Cons
Senior managers who like spreadsheets more than conversations with key staff.
fast work environment
Material handler (Current Employee) –  winnipeg, mb12 August 2015
Gardewine North is one of the great workplace I ever worked. About 50 to 80 people work in my shift and all of them work really fast because this is a Transportation company. Customers want their product on time and in good shape that is what company try to do.
very good for part time
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 January 2015
Been here for 9 years, very good place to work for part time. Flexible hours ideal for students. Theres always a lot of things to do, very stable company to work for. Wage is good for students but not really ideal if you have family to support.
excellent people to work with
Parts Manager / Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON5 January 2015
co-workers are excellent to work with , most enjoyable, 40 hours a week over time after