GardaWorld

2.6Pay & benefits

Found 141 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,667 reviews

Great place and Good management

Featured review

GardaWorld selected this as a representative review
Very organized company. Providing adequate training to staff. Pay is always timely. Great co-workers too. Shift pattern is flexible. I left the job for a higher pay job.

Pros

Training and advancement

Cons

Pay raise could be motivating to staff

Can’t find us work in our Moose Jaw,SK area !

Low pay & they can’t find work for me in my area( Moose Jaw,SK; after being with them for a yr. I’ve worked 16, maybe 20hrs total. : ( Some jobs you might have to use your own vehicle .

Pros

Nice people

Cons

No hrs.( mostly outside work)

Horribly Organized

Worked for them for four months but then they lost the contract and I assumed I would get an ROE with layoff for lack of work. It’s now 9 months later and they call me saying they are just now processing my ROE and that they are going to put quit on it. I’ve worked seasonal work most of my life and I know that lack of work is a lay off. On top of that I was told I was in a union and would be receiving benefits. After the shortage of work I called my union to see if there were other positions available and they had never heard of me. I was also told in the union agreement I would not receive overtime in lieu of union benefits. So I didn’t get OT, didn’t get benefits and may lose my unemployment because their HR knows less about ROE’s than I do.

Pros

Cons

Total gong show

Idéal pour retraité ou personne qui n'a pas besoin d'argent

Avancement salaire ,zéro, Travaille solitaire, Patience requise, Stabilité salariale impossible, Après + de 1 ans , incapable de faire budget, Seulement trois ensemble pour travailler 6-7 jour semaine ,

Pros

Formation

Cons

Instabilité

Broche a foin

Mal géré, on reçois un appel pour un quart et ensuite on reçois 30 appels pour la même affaire. A certaines places ils oublient de donner les pause Bref expérience de marde avec eux

Pros

Fin de quart

Cons

Début de quart

A poor company with terrible micro-managers

Every department has like 5 managers who do the same job it seems, every one of them more of a micromanager than the last. Its impossible to get any work done when you have so many people asking you over and over and over if you did ABC even if the current task is MNO. The salary are the lower end of industry standard and they never seem to give a raise when you ask your manager they always say they have to ask their boss and then you never hear back. If you ask again they say its being looked into.Its seemingly impossible for the bad employees to get fired or leave, they seem to have an endless supply of bad employees. The good and hardworking employees make a single mistake and are gotten rid of.

Travail très professionnel

Exigence d’un niveau de professionnalisme et de discipline

Pros

Horaires flexibles

Cons

Sur appel

Horaire flexible et postes motivant

Si vous voulez travailler seulement 3 jours par semaines et avoir du temps pour vivre le reste de la semaine c'est parfait. Les quarts de 12h c'est super motivant. On peut être sur appel avec l'équipe réserviste ou avoir un poste stable avec un horaire fixe. C'est vraiment flexible, j'adore. On est syndiqué donc la paie et les avantages sociaux sont réglé par le syndicat. Ils sont là pour nous.

Very Militant, but friendly

Not hard to tell from the beginning of your first day at GardaWorld that it is definitely not what you expect. You see these men and women on the road and at stops and think "holy s** they look bada*s. I definitely would not want to F** with them" then you get hired and go "well wtf was I looking at before?" Don't get me wrong. These people are very badass and very professional at their work. But like any other profession, they are human. They have lives and chat and goof around when time allows it. The union isn't very good but they do have us on a yearly wage increase which is nice. If you are a casual than good luck getting benefits or an RRSP contribution. And with the way they open full time spots, you'll be a casual for at least 2-5 years minimum. Unless someone screws something up royally. And even then it's based on seniority. Management is awesome where I'm at. Very friendly and will help you out anyway possible. Definitely 10/10 on that regard. Overall, if you like working long nights and days, and constantly looking at grannies hands for weapons to ensure they aren't going to either stick you up or walk you with their purse than this is the spot for you.

Pros

Daily OT, very high wages, good balance of life

Cons

Union, last min calls, On-call

Job securityTraining Not too bad , different sites for different preferences Pays wellFlexibility Reliable Overall a good company to work for if you like security

Jobs at GardaWorld

See more jobs

Mauvais emploi

Je ne recommande pas , la direction ne ce préoccupe pas de c’est employers

Cons

Pas de pause, aucune assurance dentaire comme inscrit dans loffre d’emploi

Great place to take your gained experience elsewhere

It’s a great job for a student for they can do their homework on certain sites. It’s great for a retired person as you may get a site where you sit and do nothing. They’re better than most private contractors as they have tons of work, and minimal pay issues. The negative parts come when you get a big site that is serious. Due to the fact they hire anyone who has a security guard license, if you’re working those serious sites that are a step below police work, you’ll get sent guards from time to time with poor communication skills, no physical capabilities, and aren’t real security guards. These guards destroy the image of security on the site.

Pros

Flexible, Great experience, Prepares you for your next job

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits, no pension, embarrassing co workers

Terrible work environment stressful

Management is a mess. Upper hr is only in it for themselves and to cover up anything that looks bad. The upper management shows favoritism to friends and family and does not hire based on any qualifications. There is no support system or positive goals. Watched all the time with very little praise. If a mistake is made repercussion are extreme. Management is given bonuses on your work done and has little bearing on their own work. If you have any insight to bring to the table it is squashed and ignored.

Pros

Paid breaks.

Cons

Nothing positive

Great employer for further advancement in the company and the security industry

I loved working at Gardaworld! It was flexible so I could choose when I needed to work! I picked my shifts according to my own schedule. It a a reliable company and has many benefits. Also, it is a global company!

Horrible experience

Calgary is run like a feudal system fiefdom. Total disregard for staff, pick out and accentuate anything you have done wrong, even the most minor of mistakes. They are uncaring, try at every chance to counter ther collective agreement. One of the worst employers I have experienced in my life.

Benefits

Cons

Working there

Entreprise correcte

Il n’y a pas beaucoup d’heures pour l’instant, j’ai commencé à travailler pour GardaWorld au mois de mars 2021 et je presque pas d’heures de travaillées et le salaire est moins élevé que d’autres compagnies mais dans l’ensemble je suis satisfaite.

Pros

Syndiqué

Hire anyone and offer low pay

They hire anyone and they don't vet them properly, ignores fulltime staff's complaints, most of the full time teams don't seem to care anymore for the pay is lower than what the client's janitor makes. They ignore the part timers who are playing on their phones and not doing their jobs, Communications with supervisors are next to none.

Cons

low wages

Environnement de travail qui demande de rester longtemps debout et souvent travail solitaire.

Certains contrats sont mieux que d'autres au niveau de l'ambiance de travail, mais en général c'est long et demandent physiquement car on reste debout et seul la majorité du temps.

Pros

Salaire est mieux que le salaire minimum

Cons

Travail solitaire et de longues heures debout

Très mal organisé.

Tres beau au début. Ensuite tu vois le vraie visage des supérieur. Aucun respect pour leur employer. Syndicat vendu. Vous allez payer pour RIEN. Je vous déconseille FORTEMENT. Vous n'aurez plus de vie, aucun plaisir a travailler pour cette compagnie. Opression sur leur employé. Tres mal gerer. Se faire gueuler au téléphone si tu ne repond pas. Aucun compréhension. Aucun avantage digne de se nom . DISE ASSURANCE DENTAIRE AATTENTION. SEULEMENT 500$ CHIRURGIE DE CAUSE NATUREL. aucune reparation aucun avantages pour les dents. Ainsi que si vous faite un 12h... et bien si le chantier ne s'arrete pas VOUS N'AVEZ PAS DE PAUSE. Illégale selon la csst. Se faire repondre de boir moin et manger moin pour ne pas allez au toilette RIDICULE.

Pros

Etre dehors.

Cons

Aucune pause meme avec 20h.

Great place to start!

If you are looking to obtained knowledge and experience for any type of enforcement then GardaWorld is the place. Great staff and people, friendly place to work, pay could be better, but you obtain lots of knowledge and experience from former military and police officers. I recommend if your looking for something more lenient, comfortable, and well balanced. Be prepared to work part time shifts at the start as it is a unionized company so seniority is apart of working up the ladder.

Pros

Make your own schedule, good benefits, good sites, friendly people, dispatch and management.

Cons

Pay, long shifts

Good place to work but it is a union job and it doesn't matter how long you've been there you make the same as a rookie. Never dreaded going in to work and was over all a great experience. You can make a lot of money but you have to A. Get a chance at OT and B. Sacrifice all free time for the OT.

Pros

Good benefits package

Cons

Old equipment, disorganization, dangerous, doesn't pay enough for the risks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7

2.5Job security/advancement

Compare GardaWorld with

• GardaWorld
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?