GardaWorld

GardaWorld Employee Reviews for Security Officer

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,659 reviews

Awful Workplace Culture

Management is awful and the staff culture is akin to the most toxic elements of high school. Prepare to get asked to do things that make absolutely no sense, get penalized for changes in SOPs you haven't been briefed on, and have your training contradicted by senior staff on a constant basis. The motto here is "if it makes sense, you're not doing it right." The relationship between management and staff is antagonistic and almost wholly toxic, and it's a miracle they some middle management still have a job after their near-daily displays of professional ineptitude.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Everything else

Terrible turn back....

Cheap company even with covid too..Zero management they are never around no one wants to manage the inmates run the jail it's a free for all here plan and simple .

Terrible work environment stressful

Management is a mess. Upper hr is only in it for themselves and to cover up anything that looks bad. The upper management shows favoritism to friends and family and does not hire based on any qualifications. There is no support system or positive goals. Watched all the time with very little praise. If a mistake is made repercussion are extreme. Management is given bonuses on your work done and has little bearing on their own work. If you have any insight to bring to the table it is squashed and ignored.

Pros

Paid breaks.

Cons

Nothing positive

Great employer for further advancement in the company and the security industry

I loved working at Gardaworld! It was flexible so I could choose when I needed to work! I picked my shifts according to my own schedule. It a a reliable company and has many benefits. Also, it is a global company!

Horrible experience

Calgary is run like a feudal system fiefdom. Total disregard for staff, pick out and accentuate anything you have done wrong, even the most minor of mistakes. They are uncaring, try at every chance to counter ther collective agreement. One of the worst employers I have experienced in my life.

Benefits

Cons

Working there

Great work culture as per your availability

Good Management, listen to your problems, Enjoying being a part of GardaWorld. typically my site little busy which keeps me busy and active. Learnt new things from other workers. Training session was awesome.

Good company to work for

I loved working for this company. I had some personal issues I had to deal with that led me leaving the company. I would say if that didn't happen I would still be working for this company. Good management when something happens they are there for you and will help as best they can.

I have worked for Gardaworld and will work for them again

This is a company that has exceeded and is very well known in many parts of the world and getting alot of recognition, I as an officer who have worked for Gardaworld and would accepted back no questions asked because my bosses from head office and out in the field all liked my work. I'm proud to say that this is a company anyone can work for if they have the required documents.

Terrible Company

This company does not care for their screeners. Head office and management is one of the worst managements I have worked with/for. Union is also terrible. Only job in which has left me so furious about the lack of professionalism.

Pros

none.

Cons

coworkers.

If they had kept the contract I would have stayed.

Garda World was great to work for at the Sasktel T3DC Data Centre. They didn’t get the contract again, so I can’t recommend going to work there as they don’t have the site. I had no negative interactions with any Garda World employees or management, they were always fair and equitable with me.

Pros

Unsupervised, left alone

Jobs at GardaWorld

Security Officer positions
See more jobs

Lots of variety

Highest turn over rate of guards , mostly due to the low wages and almost never any overtime available.However they do have decent contracts, consistent work ...Mobile agent is the way to go if you like working alone, doing your own thing. You get a variety of places to look after , the runs aren't overly tight and there are lots of other mobile agents to assist with problems .. it's really not that bad , decent supervisors on mobile too.

Pros

Free uniforms, decent equipment, good management

Cons

No hope of a raise

Stressful/ harrassment/abusive

Security Guards jobs can be excellent, however, when you have upper management that doesn't know what they are doing and is not held accountable for their actions, one left feeling that their service is productive. Also be careful that you do not asked for anything to improve your work and never excercise or points out the rules or policies of the company because if you do, you become a target.

Pros

Gift card on Christmas

Cons

No breaks, over work, low pay, no one in upper management respect you or your time, Union works for the company, not the employees

Christmas season

CEO - Are you the grinch? This is a billion dollar company. So many employees work very hard all year for unfair wages & they can't even give a simple $25 GC to show their appreciation for their workers.

Pros

Advancement opportunities

Cons

Not very good wages

Not even the greatest security employer

If you cannot commit to a 24/7 availability they will screw you around and cut back your hours until you have no choice but to quit in order to pay living expenses!

Pros

Cons

Being employed by Garada

Toxic environment and poor management "Team

Everything Is negative reinforcement based. Once they've got your number, it's just a matter of time before you're fired and replaced by a new, CATSA funded, fully trained and onboarded officer. They have no incentive to keep experienced officers when replacements are free. They do not care about their current employees. You are easily replaceable. In fact, they save money by replacing you. Many of the officers are great to work with, but the management is a joke! Such a stressful and toxic environment! Run away! Run far away!

Pros

Great colleagues.

Cons

High stress, no recognition, toxic.

Mobile guard

Worst security company ever job was stressful co-worker and supervisor not nice Bad management they don’t care about their employees very bad wadge no room for advance please avoid this company don’t waste your time working with them.

Discriminatory practices exist the

i have made a formal complaint to the Canada Human Rights Commission as they laid me off due to my disability. They claim to be an equal opportunity employer. They are not

Pros

Unionized

Cons

Disability discrimination

Highly Unorganized. management is extremely for the most part lacking experience young without

Over worked and understaffed. Breaks are rarely on time and quite often staff are paid for missed or late breaks. The moral is very low. The management for the most part are young without any previous experience. The lack of knowledge leads to frustration within the work place.

Never Again

By far one of the most stressful places to work, not because of passengers or coworkers but because of upper management. All you are is a number to them and if you as a number has a problem they don't care they get rid of and replace you. They're always breathing down your neck until you mess up then it's your fault always. Never again

Not what you would expect from an employer

The concept of the position is great, the execution is flawed. The culture and work environment is tense, demoralizing and stressful. Officers are expected to do the same position for hours at a time due to "operational requirements" however, their SOPs states no longer than 30 minutes at any given position for focus and alertness reasons. Constant fear of being disciplined or having certifications removed (which means no scheduled shifts until recertified) over "fly-by-the-seat-of-their-pants rules and an unmeasurable amount of favouritism.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Very discouraging work environment

Ok company

Enjoyed the airport but not the scrutiny of management, overlooking your every move, unprofessional. Some people working at the airport were good, coworkers and some other staff

Pros

People

Cons

Management / Not Professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7