GardaWorld

GardaWorld Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,659 reviews

Great place and Good management

Featured review

GardaWorld selected this as a representative review
Very organized company. Providing adequate training to staff. Pay is always timely. Great co-workers too. Shift pattern is flexible. I left the job for a higher pay job.

Pros

Training and advancement

Cons

Pay raise could be motivating to staff

Can’t find us work in our Moose Jaw,SK area !

Low pay & they can’t find work for me in my area( Moose Jaw,SK; after being with them for a yr. I’ve worked 16, maybe 20hrs total. : ( Some jobs you might have to use your own vehicle .

Pros

Nice people

Cons

No hrs.( mostly outside work)

Okay job

Good for temporary employmentEasy job dutiesStree free environmentGood atmosphere at workplaceEmployees not treated equallySome of their less educated supervisors and managers are racially biased

Pros

Easy job duties and stress free environment

Cons

They terminate the employees wrongfully when they wanna get rid of them

Horribly Organized

Worked for them for four months but then they lost the contract and I assumed I would get an ROE with layoff for lack of work. It’s now 9 months later and they call me saying they are just now processing my ROE and that they are going to put quit on it. I’ve worked seasonal work most of my life and I know that lack of work is a lay off. On top of that I was told I was in a union and would be receiving benefits. After the shortage of work I called my union to see if there were other positions available and they had never heard of me. I was also told in the union agreement I would not receive overtime in lieu of union benefits. So I didn’t get OT, didn’t get benefits and may lose my unemployment because their HR knows less about ROE’s than I do.

Pros

Cons

Total gong show

Decent, Respectable, Fair

I've worked at many Security Companies on and off for decades now, and really, as companies go, Garda is pretty good. Do they pay great? Well not so much of course, but as gigs go in general, they're fair. The most important reason I recommend them-- from at least my own experience over 2 years actually working for them pre-pandemic-- is the management I delt with were always normal people. That's all, just normal. Fair, basic, considerate. Nothing special--that's ok, you don't need that. But they were human beings. Actually the folks I delt with were all pretty solid, relatable, respectable, but not powertipping or you know the type. It was a professional experience in that if I acted professionally they respected me, which is all I ever ask.

Working as a security guard with this company is fun for me . I love my job .

From the day one I loved working with Garda World. My boss is always helpful for me. My coworkers are excellent. I never felt disappointed. It's really fun to work with this company.

Pros

Shifts are flexible and math with my school rutine.

Cons

I didn't find any cons.

they aren’t happy with your job performance, you’re blacklisted no question asked

Typicall day you’ll hardly get enough training of briefings to perform at job because you have the most incompetent people in charge or as supervisors

Cons

Great place if you dont have a life and can work long hours

Its a great place if your ok with working 8 to 12 hours or more a day. If you like talking to people this job is for you, there is a lot of base in customer service and safety.

Pros

Great People

Cons

Great place to take your gained experience elsewhere

It’s a great job for a student for they can do their homework on certain sites. It’s great for a retired person as you may get a site where you sit and do nothing. They’re better than most private contractors as they have tons of work, and minimal pay issues. The negative parts come when you get a big site that is serious. Due to the fact they hire anyone who has a security guard license, if you’re working those serious sites that are a step below police work, you’ll get sent guards from time to time with poor communication skills, no physical capabilities, and aren’t real security guards. These guards destroy the image of security on the site.

Pros

Flexible, Great experience, Prepares you for your next job

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits, no pension, embarrassing co workers

Dont do it.

Save yourself and your time. Find a different company to work for. Management sucks and does not communicate. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER. They will hire anyone with a security licence just to fill spots. They are growing to quickly and it shows, management is a joke.

Pros

it is a job

Cons

Everything about the job

Jobs at GardaWorld

Security Guard positions
See more jobs

Hire anyone and offer low pay

They hire anyone and they don't vet them properly, ignores fulltime staff's complaints, most of the full time teams don't seem to care anymore for the pay is lower than what the client's janitor makes. They ignore the part timers who are playing on their phones and not doing their jobs, Communications with supervisors are next to none.

Cons

low wages

All appearance no soul

Typical large company that cares more about how your uniform looks then actual labour laws and proper training. You’ll wait over a week for your standing orders and they’ll call you during shift to harass and scare you and send supervisors to try to throw their weight around and bully you. Unorganized straight from the get go and not very safety conscious even when getting your uniform. They’ll crowd you into one room with far too many people and listen to the staff being condescending towards each other. Red flags everywhere.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Toxic management

Great

It is great. Thanks management. They saved my rear and my job. Good.people. wouldnsuggedt giving it a chance. Well worth.it. been here almost 3 months and thankful.

C'est vraiment mal organisé

Affreusement mal organisé. Garda est tout sauf une entreprise honnête et fiable.

Pros

uniforme

Cons

malhonnête, désorganisation, irrespectueux, irresponsable, inhumain, profiteur, arnaqueur, voleur

Toxic work environment - working at GD the management is terrible

This should be a very respectable job doing security on behalf of the canadian military defence contract but unfortunately the Management from the top down is absolutely horrible to the guards. The management will try and get you in trouble every chance they get to save their own jobs and the turn over rate is so high it's embarrasing. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!!

Pros

Nothing - $21.67 is not worth the mental stress you get put under

Cons

management is an utter joke. ask any guard still currently there

Great place to start!

If you are looking to obtained knowledge and experience for any type of enforcement then GardaWorld is the place. Great staff and people, friendly place to work, pay could be better, but you obtain lots of knowledge and experience from former military and police officers. I recommend if your looking for something more lenient, comfortable, and well balanced. Be prepared to work part time shifts at the start as it is a unionized company so seniority is apart of working up the ladder.

Pros

Make your own schedule, good benefits, good sites, friendly people, dispatch and management.

Cons

Pay, long shifts

Easy on call shifts

At gardaworld I was able to get on call shifts easily and could manage my study and work well. But the management or I can say scheduling department was sometimes rude. But overall it was a good experience working there.

Fantastic for entry level

I worked with GardaWorld for 2 months and it was great. The team and managers were professional and there was always an overall positive attitude. I would recommend 100%

Excited

Gardaworld is one among best companies to work because I have good relationships with other companies colleagues and free expressions with talented staffs

Pros

Cons

Short hours

Very uninterested management team

If you need a regular schedule to be able to plan things at home it seems like they don't really care about you. You are just a number they can place somewhere so that a shift is filled, no real interest in their employees.

Pros

Cons

Erratic work schedule, no real support from most supervisors, post orders poorly organized

Great place to learn and get your feet wet

Well known company and great contracts so there is usually always work to be had Dispatch is great if you make yourself available for any and all shifts

Pros

Good sites to work at

Cons

Painted with the same brush of lazy guards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7