GardaWorld

Found 48 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,661 reviews
gardaworldguardsecuritysiteshiftunionpatroluniform

Good management

Featured review

GardaWorld selected this as a representative review
Supportive management. helps in providing you with the things to support your day. salary is a bit less as compared to other companies. minimum wage.

Good for beginners.

They will hire you regardless of your experience and train you for the necessary tasks. It's a good place to start your security experience and learn about the industry.

Insights into GardaWorld

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Good for students

If your a student looking to earn income its good for you. You can make your own hours. And balance a good work and school life. But not good enough to make a decent living the payrate is not enough living in Toronto.

Pros

You can make your own schedule

Cons

Not enough pay

Work environment depends on location

Guarda has some good contracts where the pay is decent but some other locations with smaller contract revenue tend to get very poor-quality guards, some of whom are dangerous to be around. The Burnaby location has some of the worst management staff I have ever encountered, utterly useless.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Little to no future

No overtime but great work-life balance.

I have been employed as a private security professional in the private security industry with Garda World for 4 years. I work close to home and wages could be higher. I enjoy a decent work-life balance because of 12 hour shifts 3 to 4 days a week which means I am off-duty 3 to 4 days a week.

Pros

Work close to home, 4 paid sick-days a year, and adequate benefits.

Cons

Low-wage, no over-time, and vision benefits renew every two years.

Don't work here

This is not a company I would recommend there's no support from coworkers or managers. You can only count on yourself with them. They will claim to be supportive but they really are not.

Pros

Cons

-low pay, highly unlikely to get paid OT, Claims of training are nonexistent

Horrible management

Management is an absolute joke. They make up rules to suit them as the day goes on. No one ever returns calls or emails you could wait weeks if not months for anything. When you do get to speak to someone it's almost like you ruined their day cause they may now have to do something and they make it your problem. Hopefully everything you have to ask can be answered on that call or it's back to waiting weeks for an answer.

Pros

No respect for the unionized employees

I hate myself for working here. No respect from management, unless they want something from you. If not for the union and the Labour Board then God help you.

Pros

Free uniforms

Cons

The better jobs go to those that management likes.

So nice so good

All is well. All the depend on you. You are interested or not?.why company pay you money because company needs your help. You know your needs and do the best for you. Okay 👌

Pros

Cons

Extra money

Productive and fun work place

Big company, pays on time, gives times off if you need to go holidays for months, management is awesome in case of you need their help, very few or nothing to complain about

They don't care.

Pay is a joke. Doesn't matter how punctual or responsible you are, you will treated as side kick. They don't care for you at all. They only remember you when they need you. Otherwise you can't survive for living doing this job. Pay is a real mess.

Lot of sites

They have lot of sites to work. It’s good if you are a student you can do part time work and the pay depends on the site you work. They have mostly sites in downtown but they are expanding to GTA

Immature Management

While working here, management tried several times to intimidate me out of calling in sick or asking for time off so that they didn't have to find someone to cover it. It appeared they would rather I came in with nausea and diarrhea than hire more guards or find a cover. I repeatedly received thinly veiled hints that they believed I was lying. I found out through several reliable sources that my site supervisor spoke poorly of me to others without first making an attempt at a conversation to resolve issues. In speaking with guards from other sites, I found that this was not at all a unique experience. There was little documentation and no pass-along book- just very little communication all around. I was incredibly disappointed in my experience working here. There was an almost unparalleled lack of professionalism.

Confused management

Always got the run around with respect to shifts and pay… nobody is responsible, but you must answer to everyone, when I asked to move to a different task, was reduced in pay, terrible work experience and have no t4 papers

Egotistical Management, back stabbing, gaslighting, and more

Work there for money, not for life.They will treat you like dog waste and expect you to like it or reduce your hours without firing you so they don't have to pay EI.Incredibly toxic and disgustingly incompetent Management.Scheduling is incompetent and just throw bodies at problems until they go away.Get screenshots and everything in writing because at any point they will throw you under the bus.HR is not your friend.

Pros

It's a job, and you need money to live.

Cons

long hours, poor management, soul sucking company culture, poor pay, poor benefits.

Terrible moral work environment disorganized management

At CBSA Dedention Centre (IHC) in SurreyManagement do not care about anything about providing supports or resources for your work but their uniforms and equipments Audits on you. Lots of favoritism and lack professionalism in their suporvision and management. They provide you uniforms that Do Not fit you.

Great Company to Work For !

This Company is a very laid Back company to work for. Really Amazing Management who helps out whenever you need themThe Job culture is very laid back and enjoy your day as you go.

No one cares about the employees at all

The management on site doesn't care about the employees and the control centre and upper management doesn't either. No guard is allowed to have a work/life balance otherwise we are berated. Management doesn't do their jobs and will only do it when pressured for months. I absolutely DO NOT recommend working for this company.

Garda is a great company to work for!

My co workers at Garda were amazing. I moved up from security guard to Administrative Assistant to scheduler to payroll administrator. Great training and support. It’s a great place to work!

Terrible place to work

I worked far too long for Garda World, between the union and Garda they don't have your back. They will make everything look rosy when they hire you then will disagree with you. No motivation for advancement. Run for your life .Rotten company.

You're expendable

You are there to fill a spot they need filled, that is all. Management will only offer you positions they desperately need filled with terrible hours and work schedule while trying to pay you as little as possible for said position.The company lost locations in Barrie from the city because they were paying workers minimum wage to work at sites like the Library and Downtown terminal which are locations you need stab proof vests and use of force training because they are dangerous sites.Worked for this company for years and management will just jerk you around while constantly asking you to cover other positions since retention is very low unless you get a cushy position. Expect 12 hour continental rotations from nights to days at most places or volatile work conditions with little to no supervision while being expected to adhere to strict patrols and surveillance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement