GardaWorld

Canada27 reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,658 reviews
gardaworldguardsecuritysiteshiftunionpatroluniform

Lots of contracts

Good company. Lots of contracts but temporary.not enough permanent job in my experience. Management is ok but sometimes can be rude with you and treat you like a number.

Pros

Hours. Good salary

Cons

Temporary contracts. Management can be rude sometimes. Depends on who is assigned to you

great salary

they pay us fairly and are well organized though you do need to work night shifts a lot at the beginning nut it gets better especially once you have a permanent location

Insights into GardaWorld

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager

Flexible hours

They have a multitude of shifts that you can choose from depending on your availability. Very convenient when your availabilities tend to change a lot!

Payments

If you got problems with your payments, they will not help you. If you call, they will tell you to email them and when you do, they never respond. So you may never get the money you worked for or never have your problems fixed on that matter.

Pros

Flexible job

Cons

No help

The Company is a Dumpster fire.

I was employed by this company for almost 15 years and let me tell you.... Stay as far away from this company as possible. If I could id give them -100 starsTheir fleet of trucks shouldn't be on the road. Their training is less than adequate to say the least. They add more and more work to the run, and tear into you for overtime. You're over worked and under appreciated. Its decent money for what you do unless you work nights, then you're definitely under paid, good luck getting any day shifts. It was a routine occurrence for HR to screw up your pay, if you took time off it confused them and guaranteed your cheque was screwed.They say that its easy to get full time however, its an empty promise because they want to staff their branches with all part time employees so they dot have to pay holidays, or full time rate and they want their employees at beck and call so they fight over the hours they do schedule.Management is a joke, they seldom promote from within and if they do its a bunch of kids running the show thats eager for a "yes boss" cookie. For a logistics company they couldn't route a run to save their life. Some of the employees are ok to work with, most are out to climb the seniority ladder( if they're full time) so they will throw you under the bus if they can. Not only is their fleet, not road worthy they expect you to drive whatever hunk of garbage they put you in, potentially endangering yourself, co worker and public. They get a pass on mechanical fitness on their fleet as to what they carry on board. At the end of the day you are just an employee number, -

Pros

Ok pay

Cons

EVERYTHING....see above

Rude and not flexible

If you're looking to be a number and forgotten, that's the place for you. Otherwise, they do have a lot of contracts choices of where to work, which is why many tends to work for them. Since it's one of the biggest security agency and they do buy other security agency... well one could say they have a big monopoly. I worked for them around 3 years and went out of there with a depression.

Pros

Many contracts / sites

Cons

Not flexible, you feel replaceable, they'll put you down for every single mistakes

It’s okay, there’s better out there.

Working for GW for the past 4 years and Not a Chance to advance what so ever . Unless you start Bribing or you become part of the Popular people’s club. Contracts are good and life balance is good depending on what you want . Money is okay . Im 50/50 to recommend working for this company. The rest is up to you to have your own experience. Everyone has different interactions and different contracts.

Pros

Lot of contracts and good hours

Cons

No way of climbing up the corporate ladder.

GardaWorld

I have been at Garda for 3 years and I’m still here because of the stability. The pay is horrible for what my job actually consists of, the benefits are terrible and it’s a very toxic work environment.

Pros

Stability 40h a week

Cons

Everything else

You’re just a body in a seat

If you’re looking for a job that provides no stability, fluctuating hours, no chance at full time, poor training and gender inequality look no further

Pros

The pay isn’t terrible

Cons

Everything else

Work Opinion

In my work , i have learned many things about the security. It is very important to focus on your job and to act properly so you do not do critical mistakes. The difficulty can be easy or difficult depending on the explication of you stains.

Worst compagny i work for

Poor management At Garda World your a number not a person ! I had a major incident never got help from management. I would never recommend Garda World for employment.

Good advantages but lack of management

If you do not get a contract there, you will suffer to get hours. They play with your schedule too much. I did not like that. They need to give proper hours to people and stop cutting hours for no reason. Also they uses to leave me with no schedule sometimes, even after calling 3 to 5 times a day to have hours. If you have a family to feed, better go get lots of certification so they will want you in a contract way easier.

Pays the bills

Don't look to this company for advancement and career growth, as once you're placed somewhere to fill a contract, you can bet your bottom dollar that you're either staying there until YOU quit, or until you get fired. Forget about changing scenery or promotion unless you get accepted into the fold by your client.

Difficult and unappreciated by employer

Being called at any hour on a multitude of different kinds of contracts without knowing before one gets there what will be asked of oneself. The hardest part is extreme confrontations with the public in certain circumstances and long hours standing.. Then when working at night, long hours (12 hours) of total isolation. in a completely dark environment with no outside stimulus to keep one awake. Contracts performed during the day in a sunny setting outside in nature.

The focus is on the money

They do not seem to care about their employees. They will make you do impossible shifts and they have no recognition for your work. They don’t have any values, you are there to make them more money. At the end of the day it’s the only thing that matters to them. Very bad experience working there.

Pros

Easy to apply

Cons

Long hours, no recognition

Bad place to work.

Bad management. Security agent treated like pure idiot. Lazy agents, always get promoted, compare to good agents. Working hours simply crazy (on call only). Have to be available 24 hours a days 7 days a week. Impossible to have a normal family life.

Pros

Nice co-workers

Cons

Bad mangement. Bad team leaders

good security

good for students because of the flexible scheduale hours and the ability to cancel and accept shifts at your own will and the comprehensivmness of the account

Big and Busy company with stressful work

Variable hours on call. Availability and priority. It's hard to conciliate work and family. A wide variety of contracts to work with with many skills competances to develop.

Teamwork

it was a very good experience working with them and I enjoyed a lot. The staff and management are very good and cooperative. I learn from contract to contract as teamwork. Good place for a student...

Pros

Learn as teamwork

Cons

Yes, long hours (12hours).

interesting and respecful place with qualified professionnals

I work for GARDA at an interesting place, I do customer services and I secure life, materials and goods. I love my job and I need to earn more money and face other situations.

it was a ''OK'' job

the hardest part sometimes was to have enough working hours in a week. But overall it was ok, they have enough places to work, cause unless we are assinged to a specific contract, we stayed on calls and move from one place to another.

Pros

working conditions were good

Cons

we were treated like a number

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement