GardaWorld

GardaWorld Employee Reviews in Winnipeg, MB

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,690 reviews

Great place and Good management

Featured review

GardaWorld selected this as a representative review
Very organized company. Providing adequate training to staff. Pay is always timely. Great co-workers too. Shift pattern is flexible. I left the job for a higher pay job.

Pros

Training and advancement

Cons

Pay raise could be motivating to staff

Great place to take your gained experience elsewhere

It’s a great job for a student for they can do their homework on certain sites. It’s great for a retired person as you may get a site where you sit and do nothing. They’re better than most private contractors as they have tons of work, and minimal pay issues. The negative parts come when you get a big site that is serious. Due to the fact they hire anyone who has a security guard license, if you’re working those serious sites that are a step below police work, you’ll get sent guards from time to time with poor communication skills, no physical capabilities, and aren’t real security guards. These guards destroy the image of security on the site.

Pros

Flexible, Great experience, Prepares you for your next job

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits, no pension, embarrassing co workers

Awful Workplace Culture

Management is awful and the staff culture is akin to the most toxic elements of high school. Prepare to get asked to do things that make absolutely no sense, get penalized for changes in SOPs you haven't been briefed on, and have your training contradicted by senior staff on a constant basis. The motto here is "if it makes sense, you're not doing it right." The relationship between management and staff is antagonistic and almost wholly toxic, and it's a miracle they some middle management still have a job after their near-daily displays of professional ineptitude.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Everything else

respectable workplace

Work was an interesting challenge that resulted in a rich experience in a field that was new to me. I learnt a lot about security systems and made lots of connections .

amazing company with nice co workers and supportive environment

A payroll administrator job in Garda Security generally involve issuing and distributing paychecks, managing direct deposits, benefits withholding, payroll deductions, garnishments and levies, flexible spending accounts, federal and state payroll tax deposits and returns, new hire reports, federal payroll summaries.Nice office atmosphere , respectful people .

Pros

Friday fun lunches with the managers

Cons

working long weekends

Great place, unstable hours

Love the people and love the place, but even after 2 years of dedicated service there I will be shift cuts and I will be loosing many hours! This is crazy to me.

Pros

Be your own boss

Cons

Hours

not a bad place to work

not a bad place to work trained in Private Investigations. Management a bit weak no follow up on staff, need more training to improve client relationships.

Stressful and no communication in the office.

This company lacks communication. Rarely communicate on serious issues. Very disorganized in the office. little telephone on personal contact

Pros

Gaining clients.

Cons

no communication or back up

fun place to work with great team spirit

• Handling Cash • Depositing to various companies accounts • Processing through accounts • Working in highly monitored environment

No Leadership

Each branch is run independently by the branch General Manager. There are corporate policies and procedures that are required (ISO, OHS), which in this branch was not a priority. There was no job description for any of the employees when I started. Job titles or positions were given out and not approved by corporate. Workloads were unreasonable and when addressed to management, there would not add additional administrative staff. Employees have not received a rise in salary in over five years, and there is no overtime compensation.

Pros

Hard working co-workers

Cons

60 hours work weeks and no compansation for that time (No overtime or banked time)

Jobs at GardaWorld

in Winnipeg, MB
See more jobs

Garda cares about their security guards and succeeding in business

A typical day would be finding guards to cover open shifts and last minute bookoffs. I also create schedules 1 month at a time and distribute to all guards.Management has changed 3 times since I've been there so I can't comment on them.My co-workers are friendly and fun.The hardest part of the job is when there aren't enough shifts to go around so some guards can be quite upset if I have no where to send them.The most enjoyable part of this job is when I make the guards happy with what I have available for them. They are incredibly grateful.

Pros

a lot of bought lunches!

Cons

trying to find guards for an event at the last minute can be challenging.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7