GardaWorld
Happiness score is 60 out of 100

GardaWorld Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Found 52 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,693 reviews

Stay to Yourself..Do your Job..You are Only a NUMBER!

Legit you are a NUMBER only. They have so many different people working within the company that it has come to the point they really don’t appreciate the workers! Nobody is on the same page & you may think you’re ok because one supervisor said so but your not and will be let go if you a floater!!The union rep is awesome an helpful

Pros

Meh

Cons

A poor company with terrible micro-managers

Every department has like 5 managers who do the same job it seems, every one of them more of a micromanager than the last. Its impossible to get any work done when you have so many people asking you over and over and over if you did ABC even if the current task is MNO. The salary are the lower end of industry standard and they never seem to give a raise when you ask your manager they always say they have to ask their boss and then you never hear back. If you ask again they say its being looked into.Its seemingly impossible for the bad employees to get fired or leave, they seem to have an endless supply of bad employees. The good and hardworking employees make a single mistake and are gotten rid of.

Your just another number

GardaWorld doesn’t care about their employees at all. Basically you’re just a number to them and If you don’t do what they want they will just replace you. Management feels like to talk to you anyway. No one takes accountability for their actions. I wouldn’t recommend looking for dinner GardaWorld unless you wanna feel stuck

Pros

Good job location

Cons

Rude supervisor/low pay

Fantastic for entry level

I worked with GardaWorld for 2 months and it was great. The team and managers were professional and there was always an overall positive attitude. I would recommend 100%

Normal Nothing Special

Management needs to be Improved .To apply for job Web Site is very Confusing & Complicated .I am Ex employee of Garda .Management needed to improve it.

Pros

Free Uniform

Cons

Management issues

Run before you get eaten up

Run away as fast as you can, and don't look back. Very toxic environment, no regard for employees' health or safety.Managers are honestly out to make themselves look good. That is it.

Pros

Option to work remotely

Cons

Never ending work, no concept of work-life balance, 0 consideration of what tasks you normally have to do.

ok i guess

last 3 years worked at a few different sites with Garda. I enjoyed some of the sites but I was not too happy with others. now am not full time at the moment but when I had a permanent site some were better than others

Good

A good working position where you will learn how a building is maintained and pick up customer service skills and learn the protocols and procedures in handling emergency situations

Pros

Friendly people

Terrible Company

Terrible organization, no loyalty in retaining staff. If your a fair looking female the opportunities to move up are exponentially higher. Unprofessional, a lot young immature people in high places.

Poor management, doesn't care about employees.

The interview process was simple, but they didn't keep their commitment after joining. lack of hours and the management was totally a fail. Very biased about giving hours to employees. During recruitment they never clarify about hours

Pros

good location

Cons

management, hours, talent acquisition team

Residential mobile

My day typically consists of vehicle and personal inspections, followed by managing my time effectively as I visit various residential and commercial properties. I normally check on persons and properties of clients within a certain area. I am in charge of keeping multi-million dollar houses secure as well as corresponding vehicles. I respond to alarms ranging from financial to commercial sites. The alarms may even come in as residential, including personal panic alarms that require immediate attention and attendance.

Awesome company to work for

I loved this place, it was my foot in the door to more diverse security programs and opportunities, Some management should or trainers should have value diversity and empathy training.

Good job if you are not looking to get anywhere in life

Good job to gain experience but the wages paid will not allow you to afford any luxuries in life good luck. Good if you just want to exist instead of living a life worth living. You will be working rotating shifts with no shift premiums. Graveyard shifts are paid the same as all the others. Management is hit or miss, depends if you have a bad or horrible manager handling everything. They can mess up your paycheck, wrong payrate, missing hours, missing overtime. Best to take the experience here and apply for better paying jobs.

Pros

I do not recall any perks given to us

Cons

12 hour shifts, graveyard shifts with no shift incentives

Long hours, toxic, very demanding, crazy high turnover

I could not even keep up with the names of recruiters during my year with this company as a recruitment consultant. You will learn a lot if you lack experience, but it will not be worth it. Management will keep you on a casual contract for as long as you don't confront them.

Pros

Learn a lot, some good people

Cons

Terrible hours, literally everything

good company

loads of places to work. nice people. They pay minimum wage, for a lot of work. 12-hour rotating shifts. It can make you go crazy. 2 weeks overnight and 2 weeks days.

love this company amazing work

the company is amazing, full of job security and growth. management is very respectful always taking employees feelings thoughts and feelings to heart doing what was best for them.

fun place

working at garda has been a great experience i was able to meet plenty on new people. Friendly environment and very easy going and help-full co workers.

productive and learning environment

Working with GARDA WORLD has allowed me to gain skills and experience that I can use beyond the workplace and with confidence that I can apply in everyday life.

Pay Rate and Overtime Needed

I have been working there for two months and have already had to do quite a bit of overtime hours, which are not paid for. The pay rate is extremely questionable due to the job being extremely demanding. Their on-boarding/training process is almost non-existent. I am expected to up hold policies and procedures that I have not seen in writing meaning I have nothing to reference

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Long Hours/Low Return

Good people

I worked for them for almost 10 years. I had many opportunity to learn new skill. The one con is most of of my "per-motions" were horizontal so I didn't really get pay raises. But I did have a opportunity to learn many new skills and the people I worked with most of the time were wonderful. There were a few bumps over the years as the company expanded and acquired other company's. However I would not trade my time with them for anything else.

Pros

learn new skills

Cons

Horizontal permotions

Employees Beware

Much of your experience will depend on where you are placed as a security guard. Many employees work full time at a client site and will consequently have different day to day experiences depending on the client and their business practices. Other employees act as floaters and will be constantly moved between sites for event security etc. Management was the worst experience I have had with a company to date. GardaWorld schedulers want you to work when they need you often with little notice. Taking vacations or emergency days were always problematic as the the individuals I was speaking to were consistently rude and confrontational. On several occasions I was called in to cover a shift 8 hours away that I had booked off over a month prior. To clarify they asked me to cover my own vacation days on multiple occasions! The managers who look after client sites have varying success but at the end of the day they have too many sites to look after and only seem to show up to provide disciplinary action and to make sure you haven't burnt the place down. Attempting to effect positive change and improvements in your work place is difficult to say the least. Successful security guards working at this company should be open to taking shifts at all hours of the day and should be prepared to travel long distances between day to day sites if floating. In my personal opinion the majority of problems stem from the fact that employees do not interact with management on a day to day basis causing a massive disconnect. Hard work is rarely recognized. Lazy co-workers and no shows lead -

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7