GardaWorld logo

Work-life balance

Found 542 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,578 reviews

Great place and Good management

Featured review

GardaWorld selected this as a representative review
Very organized company. Providing adequate training to staff. Pay is always timely. Great co-workers too. Shift pattern is flexible. I left the job for a higher pay job.

Pros

Training and advancement

Cons

Pay raise could be motivating to staff

Job securityTraining Not too bad , different sites for different preferences Pays wellFlexibility Reliable Overall a good company to work for if you like security

Terrible turn back....

Cheap company even with covid too..Zero management they are never around no one wants to manage the inmates run the jail it's a free for all here plan and simple .

Mauvais emploi

Je ne recommande pas , la direction ne ce prĂ©occupe pas de c’est employers

Cons

Pas de pause, aucune assurance dentaire comme inscrit dans loffre d’emploi

Great place to take your gained experience elsewhere

It’s a great job for a student for they can do their homework on certain sites. It’s great for a retired person as you may get a site where you sit and do nothing. They’re better than most private contractors as they have tons of work, and minimal pay issues. The negative parts come when you get a big site that is serious. Due to the fact they hire anyone who has a security guard license, if you’re working those serious sites that are a step below police work, you’ll get sent guards from time to time with poor communication skills, no physical capabilities, and aren’t real security guards. These guards destroy the image of security on the site.

Pros

Flexible, Great experience, Prepares you for your next job

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits, no pension, embarrassing co workers

It’s okay, there’s better out there.

Working for GW for the past 4 years and Not a Chance to advance what so ever . Unless you start Bribing or you become part of the Popular people’s club. Contracts are good and life balance is good depending on what you want . Money is okay . Im 50/50 to recommend working for this company. The rest is up to you to have your own experience. Everyone has different interactions and different contracts.

Pros

Lot of contracts and good hours

Cons

No way of climbing up the corporate ladder.

Mostly good people to work with

Can be tough at times, job is inherently dangerous given the nature of work, most co-workers are helpful, some are not. Stressful, but not unmanageable. Requires trust with co-workers.

Poor management and communication

Worked for this company for a total of 3 shifts. They then left me without ANY communication for over 2 months as I requested to be scheduled for more shifts before calling me in to terminate my employment just prior to my probationary period expiring.My trainer for the 3 days consistently complained about having to train me to my face. I told my manager this and then was never scheduled for a shift again.The only bonus to this company is that the pay is alright. Other than that I saw no positive to working for this company.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Poor management, safety and attitude of fellow staff

Terrible work environment stressful

Management is a mess. Upper hr is only in it for themselves and to cover up anything that looks bad. The upper management shows favoritism to friends and family and does not hire based on any qualifications. There is no support system or positive goals. Watched all the time with very little praise. If a mistake is made repercussion are extreme. Management is given bonuses on your work done and has little bearing on their own work. If you have any insight to bring to the table it is squashed and ignored.

Pros

Paid breaks.

Cons

Nothing positive

Great employer for further advancement in the company and the security industry

I loved working at Gardaworld! It was flexible so I could choose when I needed to work! I picked my shifts according to my own schedule. It a a reliable company and has many benefits. Also, it is a global company!

Jobs at GardaWorld

See more jobs

Your just another number

GardaWorld doesn’t care about their employees at all. Basically you’re just a number to them and If you don’t do what they want they will just replace you. Management feels like to talk to you anyway. No one takes accountability for their actions. I wouldn’t recommend looking for dinner GardaWorld unless you wanna feel stuck

Pros

Good job location

Cons

Rude supervisor/low pay

Horrible experience

Calgary is run like a feudal system fiefdom. Total disregard for staff, pick out and accentuate anything you have done wrong, even the most minor of mistakes. They are uncaring, try at every chance to counter ther collective agreement. One of the worst employers I have experienced in my life.

Benefits

Cons

Working there

Dont do it.

Save yourself and your time. Find a different company to work for. Management sucks and does not communicate. YOU ARE JUST A NUMBER. They will hire anyone with a security licence just to fill spots. They are growing to quickly and it shows, management is a joke.

Pros

it is a job

Cons

Everything about the job

Entreprise correcte

Il n’y a pas beaucoup d’heures pour l’instant, j’ai commencĂ© Ă  travailler pour GardaWorld au mois de mars 2021 et je presque pas d’heures de travaillĂ©es et le salaire est moins Ă©levĂ© que d’autres compagnies mais dans l’ensemble je suis satisfaite.

Pros

Syndiqué

Need Better Management

I worked for GW as a security supervisor for 1.5 years. In that year, I went through a few account manager for one site. The guards I worked with were great even though there were a few minor issues. My issues and concerns were with the management side of GW. The latest account manager I had did not communicate well with the guards. They were more focused on their needs. When I or any guard approached them about anything, the manager tends to ignore those emails, however replies to emails that did not needed immediately solution. Scheduling barely assisted with finding guards to cover shifts whenever there was a need. Internally we had to struggle to find guards to cover book off shifts. Payroll tried their best to assist. However, there were communication between payroll, scheduling, account manager and the guards. Days were not paid for certain guards because the information did not transfer from one department to another. There were times when guards were struggling to get their pay processed. The account manager wanted to follow everything by the book (CBA),however only when it is beneficial for themselves only. Whenever the guards tried to bring up CBA and defend themselves, the account manager was more than willing to dismiss the argument and just ignores the email. I just quit GW, however they deducted money. I tried to fight for it and all I got was silent treatment from them. Really disappointed in this company. I would rather work for a lesser known company than GW, at least their management might be better than GW.

Pros

Good security guards to work with

Cons

Bad management, does not follow the rules, scheduling barely helps out

Hire anyone and offer low pay

They hire anyone and they don't vet them properly, ignores fulltime staff's complaints, most of the full time teams don't seem to care anymore for the pay is lower than what the client's janitor makes. They ignore the part timers who are playing on their phones and not doing their jobs, Communications with supervisors are next to none.

Cons

low wages

Environnement de travail qui demande de rester longtemps debout et souvent travail solitaire.

Certains contrats sont mieux que d'autres au niveau de l'ambiance de travail, mais en général c'est long et demandent physiquement car on reste debout et seul la majorité du temps.

Pros

Salaire est mieux que le salaire minimum

Cons

Travail solitaire et de longues heures debout

Great work culture as per your availability

Good Management, listen to your problems, Enjoying being a part of GardaWorld. typically my site little busy which keeps me busy and active. Learnt new things from other workers. Training session was awesome.

All appearance no soul

Typical large company that cares more about how your uniform looks then actual labour laws and proper training. You’ll wait over a week for your standing orders and they’ll call you during shift to harass and scare you and send supervisors to try to throw their weight around and bully you. Unorganized straight from the get go and not very safety conscious even when getting your uniform. They’ll crowd you into one room with far too many people and listen to the staff being condescending towards each other. Red flags everywhere.

Pros

Pay is decent

Cons

Toxic management

Great

It is great. Thanks management. They saved my rear and my job. Good.people. wouldnsuggedt giving it a chance. Well worth.it. been here almost 3 months and thankful.

C'est vraiment mal organisé

Affreusement mal organisĂ©. Garda est tout sauf une entreprise honnĂȘte et fiable.

Pros

uniforme

Cons

malhonnĂȘte, dĂ©sorganisation, irrespectueux, irresponsable, inhumain, profiteur, arnaqueur, voleur

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8