GardaWorld logo

GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Found 552 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,614 reviews

Great place and Good management

Featured review

GardaWorld selected this as a representative review
Very organized company. Providing adequate training to staff. Pay is always timely. Great co-workers too. Shift pattern is flexible. I left the job for a higher pay job.

Pros

Training and advancement

Cons

Pay raise could be motivating to staff

Travail trĂšs professionnel

Exigence d’un niveau de professionnalisme et de discipline

Pros

Horaires flexibles

Cons

Sur appel

A lot of the times feel unappreciated

I love my job been with Garda since 2011, but some days feel management thinks I am beneath them. Definitely under paid at some posts and over paid at some. Talking to management is not open door policy a lot of the times. No room for advancement unless it’s ‘yes ma’am’ ‘yes sir’ , guards opinion not taken seriously even when it should.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Treated like ‘just a guard’

Extremely toxic work culture but unmatched flexibility

Paid well for what do, but the days can be long and laborious. You deal with a lot of negativity from passengers but also other coworkers and management at times.

Pros

Work as little or as much as you want

Cons

work culture, level of oversight

Horaire flexible et postes motivant

Si vous voulez travailler seulement 3 jours par semaines et avoir du temps pour vivre le reste de la semaine c'est parfait. Les quarts de 12h c'est super motivant. On peut ĂȘtre sur appel avec l'Ă©quipe rĂ©serviste ou avoir un poste stable avec un horaire fixe. C'est vraiment flexible, j'adore. On est syndiquĂ© donc la paie et les avantages sociaux sont rĂ©glĂ© par le syndicat. Ils sont lĂ  pour nous.

Environnement de travail trĂšs stimulant et productif!

Bel environnement de travail, super belle Ă©quipe, trĂšs stimulant et productif!

Terrible place to work, very very poor management

This is the worst place I have worked, the management do not aid you in anything, scheduling is absolutely terrible, they won’t fire you they will stop putting you on the schedule and when you call to question them, they refrain from answering your phone calls, the CEO and secretary is the only people that will communicate with you, the managers distance yourself from you, they don’t train you for your first shift when they say they will, just overall a terrible place to work, I would recommend to not apply here at all.

Pros

Pay is alright

Cons

Long hours, poor management

they aren’t happy with your job performance, you’re blacklisted no question asked

Typicall day you’ll hardly get enough training of briefings to perform at job because you have the most incompetent people in charge or as supervisors

Cons

Great place if you dont have a life and can work long hours

Its a great place if your ok with working 8 to 12 hours or more a day. If you like talking to people this job is for you, there is a lot of base in customer service and safety.

Pros

Great People

Very Militant, but friendly

Not hard to tell from the beginning of your first day at GardaWorld that it is definitely not what you expect. You see these men and women on the road and at stops and think "holy s** they look bada*s. I definitely would not want to F** with them" then you get hired and go "well wtf was I looking at before?" Don't get me wrong. These people are very badass and very professional at their work. But like any other profession, they are human. They have lives and chat and goof around when time allows it. The union isn't very good but they do have us on a yearly wage increase which is nice. If you are a casual than good luck getting benefits or an RRSP contribution. And with the way they open full time spots, you'll be a casual for at least 2-5 years minimum. Unless someone screws something up royally. And even then it's based on seniority. Management is awesome where I'm at. Very friendly and will help you out anyway possible. Definitely 10/10 on that regard. Overall, if you like working long nights and days, and constantly looking at grannies hands for weapons to ensure they aren't going to either stick you up or walk you with their purse than this is the spot for you.

Pros

Daily OT, very high wages, good balance of life

Cons

Union, last min calls, On-call

Jobs at GardaWorld

See more jobs

Rude and not flexible

If you're looking to be a number and forgotten, that's the place for you. Otherwise, they do have a lot of contracts choices of where to work, which is why many tends to work for them. Since it's one of the biggest security agency and they do buy other security agency... well one could say they have a big monopoly. I worked for them around 3 years and went out of there with a depression.

Pros

Many contracts / sites

Cons

Not flexible, you feel replaceable, they'll put you down for every single mistakes

Job securityTraining Not too bad , different sites for different preferences Pays wellFlexibility Reliable Overall a good company to work for if you like security

Terrible turn back....

Cheap company even with covid too..Zero management they are never around no one wants to manage the inmates run the jail it's a free for all here plan and simple .

Mauvais emploi

Je ne recommande pas , la direction ne ce prĂ©occupe pas de c’est employers

Cons

Pas de pause, aucune assurance dentaire comme inscrit dans loffre d’emploi

Great place to take your gained experience elsewhere

It’s a great job for a student for they can do their homework on certain sites. It’s great for a retired person as you may get a site where you sit and do nothing. They’re better than most private contractors as they have tons of work, and minimal pay issues. The negative parts come when you get a big site that is serious. Due to the fact they hire anyone who has a security guard license, if you’re working those serious sites that are a step below police work, you’ll get sent guards from time to time with poor communication skills, no physical capabilities, and aren’t real security guards. These guards destroy the image of security on the site.

Pros

Flexible, Great experience, Prepares you for your next job

Cons

Low pay, minimal benefits, no pension, embarrassing co workers

It’s okay, there’s better out there.

Working for GW for the past 4 years and Not a Chance to advance what so ever . Unless you start Bribing or you become part of the Popular people’s club. Contracts are good and life balance is good depending on what you want . Money is okay . Im 50/50 to recommend working for this company. The rest is up to you to have your own experience. Everyone has different interactions and different contracts.

Pros

Lot of contracts and good hours

Cons

No way of climbing up the corporate ladder.

Mostly good people to work with

Can be tough at times, job is inherently dangerous given the nature of work, most co-workers are helpful, some are not. Stressful, but not unmanageable. Requires trust with co-workers.

Poor management and communication

Worked for this company for a total of 3 shifts. They then left me without ANY communication for over 2 months as I requested to be scheduled for more shifts before calling me in to terminate my employment just prior to my probationary period expiring.My trainer for the 3 days consistently complained about having to train me to my face. I told my manager this and then was never scheduled for a shift again.The only bonus to this company is that the pay is alright. Other than that I saw no positive to working for this company.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Poor management, safety and attitude of fellow staff

Terrible work environment stressful

Management is a mess. Upper hr is only in it for themselves and to cover up anything that looks bad. The upper management shows favoritism to friends and family and does not hire based on any qualifications. There is no support system or positive goals. Watched all the time with very little praise. If a mistake is made repercussion are extreme. Management is given bonuses on your work done and has little bearing on their own work. If you have any insight to bring to the table it is squashed and ignored.

Pros

Paid breaks.

Cons

Nothing positive

Great employer for further advancement in the company and the security industry

I loved working at Gardaworld! It was flexible so I could choose when I needed to work! I picked my shifts according to my own schedule. It a a reliable company and has many benefits. Also, it is a global company!

Your just another number

GardaWorld doesn’t care about their employees at all. Basically you’re just a number to them and If you don’t do what they want they will just replace you. Management feels like to talk to you anyway. No one takes accountability for their actions. I wouldn’t recommend looking for dinner GardaWorld unless you wanna feel stuck

Pros

Good job location

Cons

Rude supervisor/low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8