GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Management team
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
A lot management teams do not care about their employees at all and will not care about their requests or well being. To this day Gardaworld management is checking up on me to make sure I am okay with my placement and everything is running smoothly.
Pros
Communication
Cons
short hours
Busy and fun work place
Security Officer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2018
Very professional and active. Positive diversity work place and secure environment always on time my co-workers can count on me because I always bring the positivity in every aspect!
Pros
It depends
Cest ok
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC15 June 2018
Avoir un poste fix dans la sécurité cest impossible cher GARDA
Pros
Oui
Cons
Oui
You are just another number to them
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB13 June 2018
You start great and then quickly realize that your just another number to the company. By that I mean they will get rid of you so easy. Not lot of training at all, you will get thrown to the wolves basically. Town Management would tell you one thing then management at your work location will tell you another thing. Very disorganized to the point that they don’t even know who’s working for them. Payroll is always wrong, and it really effected people during the wild fire.
When it comes to uniform, some of us had to work in the cold winter nights without the proper gear “we are out of stock” is what they tell you.
Favouritism is big within this company.

You would also have to finish approximately 350 hours before you qualify for overtime. I mean you can work 21 days straight when your ration is 7/7 and not qualify for overtime. Is that even legal I wonder?
Pros
Lots of over time when you qualify for it
Cons
Favouritism
Work load isn't worth the pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  SK12 June 2018
if you enjoy a "job" with Garda world :you should probably get your head checked. there are no pay increases when there are many, many,many task increases ... more you make: the more they take and no matter how many hours of overtime you accumulate: you get roughly the same pay as you would without the overtime...2% annual raise "is a joke". when I started at my placement location I was happy with the amount of workload for the rate of pay...but since then the workload turned into a gong show where everything just got dumped on the guards {with a 2% annual raise}.Our job is dangerous, we work alone, and if we get killed on the job then our family gets $20,000 to bury half of our body apparently. the union treats you like a number, the company mentions team that literally means "we say team but we mean a selected few are a team and everyone else are disposable people without a voice". so if you enjoy having a job where you look for another job on a regular basis, want to have work duties dumped on you over and over and over again without a pay increase or even a thank you , no Christmas bonus , no advancement at all , risk your life without danger pay , not look forward to any incentives that would keep you working here , get treated like an unwanted stepchild and have all your requests discarded , watch others get treated like spoiled brats and have everything they ask for handed to them while you get to do the work they are supposed to do that THEY get praises for :"then this is the {{job}} for you"
Do yourself a favor and get the courses they offer then apply for something
  more... else that needs one of the courses they give you "you'll make more money elsewhere outside of this horrible unionized company that does not care at all about your situation as long as THEY get paid ". save yourself the trouble and apply at a local Mcdonalds {the pay is the same and you will get more hours}  less
Pros
outweighed by the Cons
Cons
all aspects
Was a great experience
PASS CONTROL CLERK (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2018
The local management team is great.
They have and leaps and bounds in training and are continually coming up with new ideas.
They work a 10 hour, rotating shift.
Management is a joke
Guard (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 June 2018
No one in managent knows what they are doing. There is zero communication and when things get messed up, they blame guards. They keep losing contracts because new guards are told they need to be tough and confrontational, instead of thorough and polite. Most older guards are pleasant, except ones a perv.
Pros
Sometimes see free concerts.
Cons
Field supervisor and manager need to go.
Bonne gestion et plusieurs opportunités
Agent de sécurité (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 June 2018
Garda World est une grande entreprise qui encadre bien ses employés et qui offre plusieurs opportunités.
Not good
Receptionist & Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 June 2018
Not good. Not advise working for it. Please find other jobs. The company mistreats employees. it is very cheap despite making a big profit. Management is very bad.
Great money poor working hours
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 June 2018
A typical day included high volume customer service in English and French discussing with customers theirs concerns about travelling, directions withing the airport and regulations within the airport. Helping the elderly and assisting people with disabilities. I very much enjoyed the work and assisting people who required help. I resigned the job due to the overnight shift and schedule.

I learned many things about treating people with respect and being patient with people. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you did a great job and helped people in need.
Pros
Free lunches were included during busy work perioids
Cons
Overnight shift from 6pm to 2am
Positive work enviroment
Access Monitor and Administrative Personal (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 June 2018
Good Management on site
Team work is encouraged
Good Salary on sites
Safety is a priority
Positive open communication is encouraged
Safe working enviroment
Pros
positive team enviroment
Cons
long hours, no overtime
Good work, fair hours
Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 May 2018
I would rate this employer well.
The hours were available for those who wanted to work, however the locations would vary drastically.
Benefits and salary were acceptable.
Very Professional
Security (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2018
I have always had a great working relationship with everyone at GardaWorld.
People are understanding, respectful and willing to help each other.
Working in a Multi-cultural environment offers a world of wisdom.
Pros
Online courses, pay
Cons
Benefits could be better
Lots of different job sites and every one is different.
Work as a Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2018
This company is different from most in that you can go from one job site one day to a different one the next. Each with its own challenges. You could be working in a jewelry store one day and a concert the next. Very few postings are permanent so expect to move around a lot. Because of this you must be able to adapt quickly to different working environments.
Pros
A variety of work experiences and environments.
Cons
A lot of on-call work. Must be ready to go at a moments notice.
Very cheap and dishonest company!! All LIES!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Syncrude28 May 2018
Unorganized and racist/drama that they do very poorly at addressing. Once they are done with u they get rid of you. Going against labour code/ no O.T.
Pros
Transportation to site
Cons
There is nothing good about this company & they should be reported to gov't.
overall good company to work for
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 May 2018
overall good company to work for, great pay friendly people, long hours but very satisfying mix of physical and static patrols made for an interesting work day
Environnement de travail relatif.
Agent de sécurité au Séminaire de Québec (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC21 May 2018
Une entreprise avec énormément de difficulté au sein de son organisation et dans sa gestion. Le travail varie selon le type de contrat qui est donné, quelques fois ce sont de très mauvais contrats, d'autres ce sont des contrats idéaux.
Pros
Des superviseurs redevables.
Cons
Gestion d'entreprise très mauvaise, répartition mauvaise.
there`s nothing fun working there
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 May 2018
I try my best but I know I have to look for something better, I liked the experience there but its not for me anymore I had my share there I said thank you to them
Pros
Cons
short break
Flexible hours and shift selection. Abundant opportunities for new learning and work experience.
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 May 2018
GardaWorld allows workers a variety of choices when it comes to picking which shifts and work hours best suits their lifestyle. This company allows individuals to branch off as a security guard into other areas of work and positions and provides workers with the training and resources to advance in their career.
Worst company
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC11 May 2018
Doesnt care about their employees.
Your a puppet for them