GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Basic pay no chance for advancement
Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON19 April 2018
Had a good start until I got hurt in a minor collision then everything I did was wrong or not to company standards, worked mobile patrol and kept getting more things added to my task list and my hours kept getting cut.
Pros
They pay for most training and uniforms .
Cons
They will try to short you on pays.
work environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 April 2018
I enjoyed working as a security guard.It has given me great opportunities to advance in this environment.It has also allow me to consider becoming a security guard full time.
I liked being a guard, but I had trouble n didn't last
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 April 2018
Typical day/night was challenging to stay focused on what we had to do. I would have done better at a camp location. I'm glad i had the opportunity to work in a retail situation, sad that i was let go but it had to happen.
Pros
The image and respect.
Cons
Way to much time on your hands.
Grande compagnie
Airport security manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 April 2018
c'est une compagnie internationale ou est ce qu'on peut évoluer
Terrible recruiting process
New hire (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
I got a call on a Tuesday morning approx 1 month after my interview, the message left had stated that I had a job offer and needed to call the recruiter back within the week. after listening and re-listening to the worst broken English in a Montreal french accent, I finally got through to a voicemail, telling the recruiter that I accept the job, please call me back...the message then said my call would be acknowledged within 24-48hrs...didn't hear anything back within that time frame, I called them back..only to get another voice answering service as their hrs are almost non existent...left the same message to call me back...never heard back from them a second time!!
Forward to Saturday morning that same week...
Saturday morning I get an email saying the job had been filled, and said thanks for applying, try again in the future!!!
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
The most exciting security company with friendly management offering plenty of hours.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
I have started my profession as a security guard with Garda World. A well known company with high standard of services rendered to its clients. My first job with Garda was at "The Bow" where I worked for six months, where my duty was to escort the construction workers.It was a good experience of working. Later I got enough opportunities to work at different sites for access control, in the stores and mall as loss prevention and to safeguard the property of our clients.
Usually everyone working with the Garda was asked to reach their sites 5 to 10 minutes prior to the start of their duty so the guard can be aware of any special instructions about the duty. During the duty hours strict vigilance is required and no shortcomings are ever tolerated by the management. Every now and then the management used to visit the site and check the safety concerns of the security guard. The management always provide a friendly atmosphere of work to the guard. If the guard has any kind of difficulty during his working hours he was allowed to call the supervisor and ask for his help to solve the problem. The most outstanding part of this job was the friendly culture with plenty of hours to get more dollars. The most difficult part of the job was the fool proof security provided to the clients with no concession on the lapses.
Pros
Highly paid with plenty of hours
nice company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 April 2018
Garda World has lot of clients so have lots of worker with them. May be this is the reason why their management is not very warm communicator. I like my work with the company but it was hard to make your voice listen.
Pros
have many jobs
Cons
harsh management
Mutual respect is nice.
Private Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
Gardaworld provides you professionalism. They teach you punctuality. I love working there. Everyone respects each other. I find it hard to maintain memo books, but its part of our job.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
amazing company with nice co workers and supportive environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 April 2018
A payroll administrator job in Garda Security generally involve issuing and distributing paychecks, managing direct deposits, benefits withholding, payroll deductions, garnishments and levies, flexible spending accounts, federal and state payroll tax deposits and returns, new hire reports, federal payroll summaries.Nice office atmosphere , respectful people .
Pros
Friday fun lunches with the managers
Cons
working long weekends
Good company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 April 2018
I personally think Garda Security is a good company. They management is supportive. I also think ability to pick up various shift can benefit students.
Team oriented workplace
Security Professional (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2018
GardaWorld is a very nice place to work with, they give very competitive salaries, and listens to their employees as well.

What I enjoyed the most is that though none of us are all in the same ethnicity we still respect each others cultures and traditions.
Big and Busy company with stressful work
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2018
Variable hours on call. Availability and priority. It's hard to conciliate work and family. A wide variety of contracts to work with with many skills competances to develop.
Security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 March 2018
I learned a lot by Garda. I was a security guard. I was taking care of the buildings and people security. I had good time with coworkers. I had a good feedback from the customers.
Good work Environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 March 2018
Good work Environment , respect, people helping each other, Good interactions between clients, employees, and management. Summer barbecues, get together.
Always a battle between managers and employees
Preboard screening officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 March 2018
Always a discrepancy between break times. Managers try to skirt union rules to benefit their needs. Easy job procedurally. Deal with upset people can be tiring.
Pros
Nkt labor intensive
Cons
Dealing with upset people
Hands on
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 March 2018
Working as a security guard is very hands on, you learn things at a very fast pace which i enjoy. so if this is for you youll enjoy it very much so. thank you
Environnement de travail droite et productif
Sûreté/Pompier Industriel Rio Tinto (Current Employee) –  La Baie, QC24 March 2018
Bonne expérience industriel et beaucoup d'opportunité d'emplois
Pros
Avantages sociaux et bon salaire
Cons
Environnement sale
DON'T buy the pre assessment practice test
Pre board screening officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON24 March 2018
There is no need to buy the Pre assessment practice test because when you go there they tell you everything that will be on the test. Don't waste mone
ambiance de travail démotivante
Agent de transports de valeurs (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2018
En ce moment l'ambiance de travail est au plus bas et due à la technologie grandissante nôtre domaine vas en décroissance
Pros
Uniforme fournis
Cons
Les horraires et l'avancement nul
Absolutely Awful.
Screening Officer (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON and Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
Management does not take ANY type of harassment seriously.
Management and HR do not support returning to school.
Absolutely NO flexibility in the schedule.
Constantly need to fight to get your hours paid.
Constantly need to fight to get your allotted sick days.
ANY disagreement takes YEARS to even get heard.
You are not important, only a number.
Cons
Everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.