GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Terible
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON20 August 2018
Terible place to start a job. ONly thing that matters is senority, not job skill or compitence . Pay is good, hours are bad and little job security for new hires.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything
Very unorganized management team
Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 August 2018
Work politics strong influence on company culture. Mismanagement on all levels. Too many chiefs trying to prove their job's worth with useless changes. Great benefits for full timers though.
Bad Place To Work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON14 August 2018
The supervisor for Kingston Ontario is an inconsiderate incompetent two faced person. No schedules no training no respect no communication. She treats her employees like trash.
Très bonne environnement
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 August 2018
Très bonne agence je recommanderais a tout ceux ou celles qui veulent faire ce métier
travail agréable
Agent de sécurité ( sur appel) (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 August 2018
Equilibre vie professionnelle / personnelle
Salaire / avantages sociaux
Sécurité de l'emploi / évolution de carrière
Culture d'entreprise
stupide et imbécile heureux
ex employer qui a jamais eu sa chance (Former Employee) –  Mercier, QC3 August 2018
aller chez ABS c’est pas mal mieux, formation ca coche, pour le reste y a mieux c’est certain
Pros
de belles paroles mais pas de resultats
Cons
nul nul nul
Une entreprise fantastique.
Security -Concierge Control Room (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 August 2018
Des personnes très dévouées et professionnelles. J'ai appris beaucoup de choses des gardes de sécurité et du superviseur. Je recommande cette entreprise à toute personne qui veut poursuivre une carrière dans la sécurité.
Minimum wage , very bud managment, no chance make overtime
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 August 2018
This company is "big sucks " give new employees minimum wage "forever " for example- "loss prevention officer "Garda pay $15 max 16$ , difference security company pay for start 17$/h UP. GARDA never give you chance make more money for over time . Only protected people make some money . I have 8 year security experience , 23 years Regular Army service, have PAL (dual restricted not restricted), USE Force certification, Airport screening experience. I give them all my documentation if of course my reference but for now give me some temporarily job for minimum wage. Last week call me from Garda Office in Hamilton coming for interview offers permanent job in "truck gatehouse " for 14$/h and 40/h week , (is hard to believe). This company make lots of money but at the expense of naive people . I still working for them now but definitely looking for difference company who appreciate my reference without protection.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
a stressful company to work for
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON29 July 2018
They don't have a copy of the schedule so you never know what sites are available for work. They are not well organized. When I attempt to phone mobile their phone goes straight to voicemail.
Another point to make is when I get a new site to work at no one seems to meet me and no training.
Pros
Cons
no schedule and little or no training
Compagnie ayant beaucoup à offrir
Sergent aux opérations sûreté portuaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 July 2018
Cette compagnie détient pratiquement le monopole en ce qui concerne les agents de sécurité.
vous avez la possibilité d'avoir la chance de détenir une bonne position dans une très bonne compagnie

Want to know more about GardaWorld?

Ask a question
thankless, unsafe and stressful work environment
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 July 2018
The work environment is over all toxic. The management neglects health and safety regulations not only made by the company but also provincial regulations. The fast passed stressful environment is accompanied by thankless management pushing breaks as far as legally possible.
Pros
good starting wage for young employees
Cons
unsafe, stressful, odd working hours
Good job for students
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2018
The management at GARDA are well approachable and easy to work with. They have a great culture and training program that anyone can do. Pay and benefits are below average as the turnaround for this profession is high. Great job/career for students or if you want something that is low stress and an easy job to do. There is also room for advancement if you work for the company long enough.
Pros
Good company culture
Cons
Poor pay and benefits
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 July 2018
GardaWorld is one of the best companies in Security Industries to work with. The management and staff are very friendly. Pay will be deposited on time. Hourly checkin for safety. Godd work culture.
Sucks, only good for students
Security Guard Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 July 2018
Good job for students, if you're a security guard your job is secure. Management sucks, doesn't care about their employee base much at all. Would not recommend to anyone.
Pros
Flexible schedule with different shifts for guards
Cons
Management, culture, job satisfaction
Better than nothing
Loss Prevention Officer (full time) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2018
It is not a fun job, there is no career growth but in the end its okay to pay your bills. Their is very little room for your personal family life as it is not easy to call off for a day or two.
Guarantted work but don't expect much pay.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK11 July 2018
Decent company overall. Pay and benefits package suck. Great dispatcher. Sometimes can be long hours or varying shift times. Goes from boring sites to high risk sites.
Pros
Guaranteed work.
Cons
Low pay!
Great environment to work in
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 July 2018
As a security supervisor I have dealt with a lot of different situations in which need action taken fast. My job on a daily basis consists of me supervising 7 security guards on several flights Garda world has contracts to.
Pros
The schedule is flexible
Cons
Can be long hours if flights are delayed
nonchalant and idle
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB2 July 2018
great place to work that does not involve a lot of physical activity. the 6 on 6 off schedule was great for maintaining a balanced life. great exposure to projects and other cultures.
I fully love what I do!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 June 2018
Typical work day is never typical, you never know who or what you'll be dealing with on any given shift.
I've learned a lot working with my team, communicating with clients/tenants, and dealing with patrons both good ones and bad.
I've never had an issue with my head office. They've always been kind and provided me with my equipment needed. If anything, my only minor issue is that sometimes getting certain things done can be a long wait. As for my direct Security Manager and Supervisor, they both are just completely awesome. They're both respectable yet firm. They will both coach and correct yet hold you accountable for your actions. Couldn't ask for a better manager and supervisor.
The culture my team and I have is strong. We all understand the work and know when and what to do. We all communicate well and know how to work off each other. Also, business aside, we all know how to have a good laugh as the job can be stressful.
The hardest part of my job I would have to say is the long patrol hours. I've patrolled on foot, anywhere between 30mins to 90mins+.
Being physically capable I adapted to it. I will add though it's not classified as "hard", the pay, although better than minimum wage is not in my opinion, great for the expectations of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when my team and I are able to assist the tenants or patrons in their matters successfully. It's a great feeling. Also, being a deterrent and stopping any illicit behaviours is just a good rush sometimes and you do see your share of some action. The experience you'll receive
  more... is just awesome too.  less
Pros
My team, experience, the action, people
Cons
long hours, will have trouble if you can't handle long hours walking and the odd run, pay per expectations could be better
Management team
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
A lot management teams do not care about their employees at all and will not care about their requests or well being. To this day Gardaworld management is checking up on me to make sure I am okay with my placement and everything is running smoothly.
Pros
Communication
Cons
short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.