GardaWorld Employee Reviews

Found 829 reviews matching the search See all 1,855 reviews
Terrible work Atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 February 2019
Did you ever dream of getting belittled by management, your supervisor and even your co workers? Or how about feeling so insignificant to the company that you hardly want to work for them. Well bingo here it is, possibly the worst managed Security company in Fort McMurray. Management doesn't have an idea about day to day functions at their clients sites, teachers who belittle paying students for the security licensing course, promises of jobs without actually getting them.
Good company, lots of opportunity
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 February 2019
I had a good experience with Garda. The contract I was working on was taken over by another company. I made the mistake of going with the other company. I should have stayed with Garda. They kept me busy, lots of interesting work.
Pros
diversity
Cons
wages not as good as in-house, but thats the same as other contract companies
meeting new faces
Customer service representative loblaw Dc (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK9 February 2019
Garda world is a well organized organisation have been with them since I relocated to Canada, Gardaworld is all over Canada as a whole, We have a good and understanding operation manager, the company is well organized. The hardest part is when you are working along, when there is nobody beside you that you can talk to and the most enjoyable part of the job is when we are working in mosic stadium.
Pros
free lunch anytime you work beyound 8hours shift
Cons
short hour
Good Pay, Horrible Company
Pre Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2019
This is a company that scrutinized absolutely EVERYTHING that you do. There are staff there who's only job is to watch for when you make a mistake.

When I applied, I was told that they were looking for Full Time positions. However, when I got hired I was only given part time hours. Then after training, you have to bid on different shifts and NONE of the shifts available are full time. They don't tell you that until you have been there for at least 3 - 5 years, you won't get full time. Yes, you can pick up shifts but that is not always a guarantee.

Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone who has actual bills to pay. If you are young with few responsibilities, go for it.
Pros
Good Pay, Benefits
Cons
Management, misinformation
Pay Rate and Overtime Needed
Uniform Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 February 2019
I have been working there for two months and have already had to do quite a bit of overtime hours, which are not paid for. The pay rate is extremely questionable due to the job being extremely demanding.

Their on-boarding/training process is almost non-existent. I am expected to up hold policies and procedures that I have not seen in writing meaning I have nothing to reference
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Long Hours/Low Return
Don't work for Guarda
guard (Former Employee) –  British Columbia29 January 2019
Never work for Guarda, they expect you to drop your life and will use you for a bit and drop you when they don't need you no more without a reason when all you did was never say no to shifts, show up on time, no calling in sick and doing your job.
Pros
money
Cons
everything else
manque de structure et d'écoute
hôtesse et préposée au vestiaire (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 January 2019
Il n'y a pas d'avantages sociaux et possibilité de monté dans le poste d'hôtesse et préposée chez garda world.

Il devrait y avoir une meilleure gestion et être plus à l'écoute des employés.
awful
security guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2019
Worked for the company over 5 years to get demoted and get minimum wage after they lost a contract. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to avoid this company, you will regret working for them.
Pros
Cons
everything
Office is in a cozy place
Security Guard / Mobile Driver (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON22 January 2019
The Guelph branch mainly give preferences to Local born and neglect out other ethnic for job preferences. Not a suitable place to work as there is no room for advancement or even a full time employment for ethnic people.
They tried
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2019
security work is a transition role. Management was generally intelligent and willing to help. But they didn't have the resources to follow through on promises of training.Also wages were abysmal.
Pros
agreeable bosses
Cons
pay
You're cattle.
Rotating shift security supervisor (Former Employee) –  Varied17 January 2019
My over 10 years experience meant little to the company. That's fine if you don't want to do much but deal with upset people. The most difficult part was working with other guards. Lots of em have chips on their shoulders.

If you get a residential site and you don't have to work with other guards this will be fine.
Pros
Easy to quit from.
Cons
Bitter guards, no respect, bad sites, far commute. Everything.
Stressful environment
Pre-Board Screening Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 January 2019
It is a very stressful environment, but the working conditions were pretty good when i was employed with them. Overtime was always available and training was extensive and continious
Pros
Union reps were always available
Cons
bidding schedules
Productive Enviroment
Scheduling Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON11 January 2019
A typical requires a few laughs for the soul. No matter what the entire

staff helps each other out no matter the situation. The Client always gets great service
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
No Overtime
Security is a terrible industry
Security Personnel (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 January 2019
Security is a terrible industry.

They hire anyone with two feet and a heart beat,

if you get into any serious situations and get injured or half to go to court your own your own.

you are a pawn, nothing else
Very intense working environment
Security Officer in Forensics Building (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2019
The first two years were an excellent working experience with a lot of support and excellent staff to work with. Peace Officers were subsequently employed and the atmosphere and work environment became toxic for all others working there. 99%of the staff left as did I.
Pros
Management and Front Line Staff were great and loyal.
Cons
Peace Officers taking over and forming a toxic work place.
Excellent Co Workers
Pre Board Screener (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
If you like being micromanaged and always feeling stressed, then this is the job for you. The pay, benefits and work flexibility were great. However, the management and the constant microscope you are under was not.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and flexibility
Cons
very poor management
Very flexible, but typical security duties.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 January 2019
GardaWorld is a company I would absolutely return to, but only if need be. There is quite a variety of jobs available and the hours are mindbogglingly flexible, but overall you will either be sitting for 8-12 hours, or standing for 8 hours, not so much as a security guard but as a warm body for insurance purposes. There are some great opportunities for advancement as well as permanent positions in fixed locations, but at the end of the day this is your typical security provider, and you will be the average security guard.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Work Variety
Cons
Nothing happens, ever.
Terrible people controlled by the heart of greed
Will not disclose (Former Employee) –  QC3 January 2019
Would gladly not pay you and threat you as a slave if they could, shows no sign of empathy toward others, terrible job with terrible work condition and paye.
Pros
Cons
Everything from Administrations to logistics
Worst security guard in canada
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
They don't care about u they care own contract or benefit l worked for years 2 they just waste my time especially the manager beveele disrespectfull.
A stepping stone to other opportunities
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Eaton Centre and Scotia bank plaza2 January 2019
I am employed by Garda however i want to do something which would increase my knowledge and make me more useful and valuable to the society.The first site at Scotia Plaza, i sat by myself for the entire 12hrs.It was very tough but it gave me an experience of what it is like to work in Canada.
Pros
Attractive uniforms and 24hr support
Cons
You are not using your mind every minute and if you are very active it might be a dull job for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GardaWorld. Our community is ready to answer.