They don't tell you at the onset that the job is a union position. You don't move up based on merit. You move up based on seniority. You have to bid for shifts, and if your seniority is low, you aren't getting any shifts. I am still waiting for a permanent shift 5 weeks after certification. Definitely disappointed considering you wait 5 months from the date they give you the new hire package to the date you actually start working.
Management does not care about their guards. They employ a hire and forget routine, usually looking for part timers to fill inconsistent and undesirable contracts.
If you are lucky to get into a full time contract with a client, management forgets about you... Until you mess up.
8 years with a company, working various contracts with zero complaints equals... zero promotion.
Manager often hires their friends, always overlooking more capable experienced, and tenured employees with an actual passion for the company.
Pourri pire compagnie rien de garantie
Helping people and Maintain the cleanliness of the place and find solutions to the problems
Worst experience. Schedulers treat you like beggers when we call them for shift.and they are totally unprofessional zero etiquettes and low moral values regarding guards
I think it would be a real great place to work
Militaristic, some feel entitled to do nothing and expects you to do it. It is also segragated, I don't know if it's a Pearson thing but a screening line will have exclusively Idian's on one and Jamaican's on annother and soo fort and will not even speak in english on that line. Being of a different culture than the ones on the line, many are not too accomodating unless it's apparent you have something they want. That sort of thing.
The work environment is not safe for guards in most sites.
A toxic environment.
- What should you wear to an interview at GardaWorld?17 people answered
- What questions did they ask during your interview at GardaWorld?9 people answered
- What is the company culture at GardaWorld?7 people answered
- Will i get full time hours?6 people answered
- How long do they call you for the Final Interview after the Brief Consultation?6 people answered
- Does GardaWorld require background check?5 people answered
- What was the most challenging part of your role at GardaWorld?4 people answered
- How long is the training after all the interview and tests are passed?4 people answered
- Does GardaWorld allow for flexible working hours? Or are the hours set?4 people answered
- Can one get a direct employment from Dubai?4 people answered