Garage

Garage Employee Reviews

It was an awesome experience.

Working there was a good experience. I got to make new friends, learned a lot about the “retail world” but I would’ve like to get more involved and engaging with customers as a volunteer.

Run.

Absolutely awful place to work. The management is a bloody joke and thats the best thing you could say about them. And higher than that?? Condescending, rude, judgemental, inefficient...the list goes on. Get your retail experience ANYWHERE else. Stay clear away from Garage and Dynamite. Walmart is shangrila compared.

Pros

Youre in a mall...?

Cons

everything else

Bad hours and financial security

I was hired as a seasonal worker. As seasonal I was hired to work to help out because it’s busy and they don’t have enough workers. I worked all of 4 shifts in one month and went three weeks until my next shift and missed an entire pay period. I could no longer afford my bills because of this. Management is very judgemental and judged me based on how I was learning. They expect you to just learn quickly and know everything. I ask questions to learn because I have ADHD and need reassurance and hearing it verbally or seeing it more than once helps me learn, but my asking questions bothered the management. They don’t trust me to do anything other than stand and open the door.

Pros

50% discount

Cons

Barely any hours, little to no pay, bad management

productive and fun

I worked in a flagship store and I was lucky, the people I worked with was great so do the store manager, had a lot of fun at work, had to leave because I got a better offer, always missed working there.

Beaucoup de temps libre - toujours en attente d'appel

Travail sans pression mais demande beaucoup d'attention pour le d.Placement des v.Hicules lourds

A very fun and good place to work

My experience at garage was for a short period of time, but I enjoyed all of my time there. I was hired as seasonal but easily picked up the work i needed to do and made many friends along the way.

Busy, collaborative, family environment

I typical work day would start with an overview of how sales are going. You would be assigned to a section of the store and expected to reach a minimum goal in sales.

Extremely unprofessional

Ive had quite a bit of retail experience and this is by far the worst retail job I’ve had. I was looking for a SECOND part time job and I let them know that I had another job in the interview. Ever since I got hired they’ve been relentlessly telling me to quit my other job, its really weird. I provided them with my other jobs schedule so I wouldn’t be double booked and on three+ occasions they booked me at the exact same time and basically said too bad. They provide very minimal training, then just throw you onto the floor and get irritated when you don’t know what you’re doing. Some managers seem nice and others are just blatantly rude. The discount is really go

Horrible manager

The manager here talks down to staff and loves to force staff to quit with her abuse. She gets mad easily if you don’t learn fast enough. Talks behind everyone’s back and makes fun of them. This store is very toxic and lots of favouritism with long term staff. Always feels like you are walking on egg shells when the main manager is there.

Fast paced, and sales oriented

A typical day at work would be your MOD telling you your sale goal of the day, plus your stretch, your APT and UPT, and store goal. Store manager was really supportive and just a wonderful bubbly person to be around! Other co workers were fine to get along with, never had an issue with them. Hardest part of the job is the sales. You're constantly nagged at through your headsets if the store is in red, yellow, or green, who's making sales and who's not. Your job is to be "helpful" but it seemed like not only were you suppose to be sales driven but pushy with everything. Bug people about getting the app and constantly trying to reach sales goals based off last year. There was "friendly" competition on other associates sales so if you didn't outshine one girl, the other associate would take your sales. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the tasks given to you. There's always something to do, and the employee discount is super awesome because it applies to the sister store Dynamite.

Jobs at Garage

See more jobs

Great first job to open self up with long and tiring days

Garage was an excellent first job. It allowed me to open myself up immensely and throughout my three years working there, always got along with all my co workers. The District Management could be improved, there were various complaints about store management in 2017/2018, and it took a long time for something to actually come into effect. Garage really pushes their employees to make sure that their sales efficiency are up to quota. It was very stressful at times due to high capacity of customers, and the high expectations of not only the store, but on the employee themselves. All in all, I learned a great deal not only about myself, but how management really is the backbone to running an efficient store. I made so many cherished friends since the atmosphere is friendly and accepting. There is a great deal that goes behind retail, and I am more than grateful to have experienced what hard work and dedication really feels like.

Good to learn vital skills

Good place to learn management skills. They ask a LOT (sometimes too much) from them, which can be a good and a bad thing. Unfortunately the company doesn't believe in their people and internal growth.

A really fun experience

I was hired as a seasonal (after quitting a not so great job) and it was amazing. All my colleagues were super nice and helpful, so was the management and it was overall a really positive experience. I received proper training and got my way around the store pretty fast. Sure we have sales goals (which you're encouraged to reach) but you won't get in trouble or get less hours if you don't reach them. Also the 50% discount there and at Dynamite is really fun. The only bad thing I'd have to say is the number of hours I was given during school, I get it was the holidays but I was always working.

Pros

Discount, Friendly staff and Management

Cons

Many hours

Very rewarding

I made a lot of friends who supported me in my high school career. The managers were like my older sisters and your hard work is noticed and rewarded. You are trained and prepared to be a competent employee for future engagements you may wish to pursue.

Pros

50% discount at Garage and Dynamite

Cons

Long hours, and if you work well, OVERLOAD of hours, but if you don't work at a fast pace and make sales, less hours.

Great

It was an awesome place to work. People were nice and a good sale for workers on the clothing. I would work there again. Especially at Yorkdale location.

Management only care about their level and above and what benefits them. No understanding for lower level employees. Create rules that everyone must follow but the managers. Awful at scheduling.

Garage Sales Associate

• Welcomed customers while pitching promotions and daily sales • Assisted customers with their concerns and questions by tending to their needs • Folded clothes and cleaned up the store • Consistently reorganized the mannequin displays with my own personal ideas and trends

Great first job

Garage was my first job and I learned so much from it starting from the day I started till the day I ended. I learned how to manage stress and help clients with what they need.

overall good place to work, fun environment.

it can be a pretty stressful place to work at different times of the year. there is a lot put onto the management team, but its still manageable. it is a very high pace work environment, but everyone is really friendly and they all work as a team.

Pros

the employee discount (50%)

Cons

long hours and very high pace

Toxic and over working

Although I met some very nice people at this store, in the end the management was so awful I had to quit. New employees would be given ten tasks to do, and never trained properly. Scheduling was always a big issue, and all the key holders and managers talked behind each others backs.

Fun Environment

I did my work experience at Garage for school, and their times were so flexible and they are really welcoming in. I have learned how to brand clothes and I had a great time working their. It is really easy to get a long with the costumers because they are all really nice as well as the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Garage. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement