Gap Employee Reviews

Productive Workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON6 June 2018
Friendly staff and easy to talk to, always busy and and interacting with customers. A typical day at work would be folding clothes constantly and helping customers.
Gap Outlet Central Canada Manager
LOSS PREVENTION MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2018
Great Place too work for work life balance. Management excellent to work for. Travel is required for management positions. I have worked at Gap over ten years an it is a great company to work for.
Fast paced but fun work place.
CASH SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 May 2018
- A typical day at work includes greeting customers and making sure that they are satisfied as well as keeping the entire store clean.
- I learned more about daily goals and how to operate and close the cash register so that it will be ready to go the next following day.
It's good
Sales Associate / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 May 2018
It's good for first jobs. The managers are nice and understanding, but the hours are not as guaranteed as one would want. But it's still a really good place to work.
Best work atmosphere that i have ever experienced.
cashier (Current Employee) –  Due22 May 2018
I absolutely love this job and what it has taught me. People who work here are so patient and kind, and understanding. A typical day consists of assisting customers with finding the perfect outfit that will make them feel confident and happy. Ive learned lots about the product, what materials work well with others, and a lot of procedures to do on the cash register. Workplace culture is upbeat, light and positive. We all help each other succeed. For me, the hardest part of the job is making sure i don't let anyone down. The most enjoyable part of the job are my co workers! they make every shift easy, and fun to do!
OK Place to Work but not many hours
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
The Gap is a great place to work if your not a student because they don't really help you with a schedule when you are in school. The management is not the greatest either they don't really care about there employes
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
Short hours
Good company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
Good job, salary is low, but normal for sales associates, too many managers though, with some communication issues, it is not clear ho you should look for in which cases.
Pros
Great environmet
Cons
Too many managers and no clear leadership position.
Great work place
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 May 2018
Great work environment, great people on the floor, very understanding management. Very good shifts, never slow always learning something new. A lot of different functions easy that are to learn.
Pros
Good breaks, company bbqs/lunches provides every now and then, discount at featured stores
Cons
Long shifts
Horrible
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 May 2018
Staff is extremely strict and rude. The days go by extremely slow. I've never felt more insignificant in a job before in my life. Worst possible job in the market
Great
Sales Associate (part time) (Former Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON11 May 2018
Good for seasonal times. Lots of hours for a part time position. It was great that they offer benefits and a positive work environment, with a lot of young employees.
benefits
Cons
night shift have the most hours
okay.
Cashier/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON8 May 2018
it was an okay place to work at, It was not an ideal retail job, but it wasn't bad either. the management was not as organized as hoped, but all in all, it was alright.
Productive and Fun Working environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC4 May 2018
Working at Gap made me step out more into my comfort zone. I learned to be more outgoing, energetic, and take more pride into the everyday tasks I do in the work place. Management was very organized and responsible. Everyone was given a task and was followed correctly in order for the store to run smoothly.
Only constraint on productivity...play music during work n 2 breaks were paid
Merchandiser handler (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON3 May 2018
Employees were not hired by their quality of work or..hard work .this is d only demarit point I ‘ve seen.They only hires employees on a seasonal basis.
Pros
Atmosphere n management is really gud.
Cons
Ladder is d biggest issue
good place to work but poo pay
Merchandiser/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 May 2018
Loved working at the GAP but pay is not enough.
they pay you poo pay for the longest time. so if you are looking for a short periods of work. it's fun to work here but if you are looking for a career . NO THANK YOU
a very challenging job environment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2018
Busy place... apply the saying " Do want you can and make it work " To much merchandise on the floor , too many that its hard to organize with the space they have.
Pros
staff breaks are always on time
Cons
few hours given to staff, ending of losing them
It was my first job, and management did not like that
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 April 2018
I was given a moderate amount of training and hired a t15 as a sales associate. I was given sparing shifts over the summer I was hired during, and then put on an unexplained hiatus. they brought me back for a final shift, three months later, on Black Friday, where I worked until well after closing time. a week later they let me go over the phone. they deemed I was not a good fit then brought me back two seasons later out of desperation. good experience, bad impression.
Older crowd
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON23 April 2018
I worked at the gap for the summer season, management was not that great and they did not show any care except for the general manager. Most of my coworkers were very nice though.
Boring, Tedious
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
Working at The Gap was not the best experience. I often had rude customers and management was never willing to deal with it. Very rarely I would get schedule and when I did, It was on a day I previously mentioned management not to schedule me.
Pros
discounts on clothing
Cons
long standing periods of time, rude customers, rude management, unappreciative partners
retail store with modern basics
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
I worked on the kids/baby floor at Gap Bay and Bloor. My responsibilities varied from greeting customers as they entered the store and helping them find items they need. I worked as a cashier as well and checked customers out, as well as making sure all the clothing displays were neat. There was always a company supervisor available for contact on the floor. I learned to adjust to situations in which the customer is displeased and that a customer truly appreciates the help of a sales associate offering their opinion on a clothing item.
Pros
good location
Cons
not enough hours
Folding, Folding and more Folding
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 April 2018
On a typical day one spends 90% of the time folding clothes, which is find and understandable. It is a clothing store after all. The rest of the time is spent with customers, which is the highlight. Helping people feel their best is fulfilling.
The Management gets moved from place to place and can be overly harsh on people who are new to the company and are just learning.
Pros
Discount
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K