Gap Employee Reviews

Very busy and enjoyable place to work.
Stock Room/Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2018
Enjoyable place to work but the hours flucuate from week to week.The store management are fair. The schedule gets changed to night before your shift which makes it hard to plan your day.
Great Company
Project Manager - Store Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Great Company to work for, truly care about their employees. Opportunities to grow and gain experience and develop skills in many areas besides your role.
Pros
Na
productive
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 October 2018
Gap is a very interesting place to work. You get to meet great and wonderful colleagues who are always there to put you through in every challenges. The management is awesome. A great company to work.
Loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 October 2018
I loved working here. They were great with working within my availability and the discount is amazing. As a part time job with a family it was perfect.
Pros
Great people, great customers, great employee discount
Cons
Hours can be hard to come by during down times
great employee discount
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 October 2018
the best part of working in Gap Inc is the employee discount at Gap Outlets, Gap Brands, Old Navy, Banana Repand it's a fun place to wrok with, would have waned to re apply soon
Dynamic Workplace
Dynamic Environment.
Team Building Activities.
New Trends Every Week.
Creative Freedom.
Pros
Discounted Prices
Cons
Micromanagement
Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 September 2018
Its ok if you need the money but its a job you would not want to have forever. I am thankful for the opportunity GAP gave me when i needed the job but I need another job with my field of study.
Great company
Strong employees
Strong company
Great visuals
Great merchandising directives
Pros
Great visual merchandising opportunities
Cons
Quantity of product
dealing with customers with different cultural backgrounds
CSR and Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 September 2018
- best part of the job is to deal with customers with different cultural back grounds.
- good team spirit between co-workers
- able to learn and explore about clothing retail chain in Canada.
- opportunity to grow within the partners companies - Banana republic and Old Navy.
- loved to be the team leader for Visual Merchandising.
- got opportunity to work as LOD (leader on the duty).
- learnt to solve customers complaints by dealing with them one on one.
Productive learned for advancement
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2018
Trained individual for advancement, lots of work to do especially during holiday season because it a multi cultural environment any individual contribute their own delicacies, it is fun !
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great work environment and learning experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK16 September 2018
The employees and management were all hard workers and always ready to help. Even if there was ever any issue, it was resolved immediately, and treated seriously. Aside from the occasional difficult customer, which comes with all work environments, it was a very fun place to work, and very enjoyable for a young person wanting to expand their work experience.
Pros
Insane discounts
26 September 2018

We love hearing experiences like these! Thanks for sharing!

Retail Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2018
There is more to the world - so don't fall into The Gap. I spent a lot of time with this company, only to realize that I should have moved on years ago.
Environnement
Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
Tres belle équipe et beaucoup de profesionnalisme.
Good, very easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2018
Customers were rude at times, pay was minimum wage and they gave generous hours. Management was really considerate, its just the work itself was very boring and required repetitive tasks and standing/walking around the store.
Pros
good culture
Cons
really boring
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 August 2018
The most difficult part of the job for me was learning how to use the cash register. I was never good with cash so don't feel frustrated that you do things slowly.
Pros
Fun staff to work with
Cons
Some customers are rude
Productive and fun workplace
Fitting Room Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 August 2018
Positive work environment with nice and friendly workers. It's fun working for this company because you learn a lot and there are many opportunities for growth development.
26 September 2018

We're happy to hear this! Thanks for sharing your experience on our team in Toronto, ON.

Sub Par
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 August 2018
The people were great and I enjoyed the job but because of staff being disorganized and possibly not trained enough made doing my job difficult. They was a high turn over rate so we were always training new staff. And because of that the days were more difficult to get through and hard to get tasks done by deadline
Pros
Great people to wprk with and close to home
Cons
Disorganization
26 September 2018

We're sorry to hear this. We believe in setting all of our employees up for success. We take this feedback to heart and are committed to offering plenty of resources to employees to help them improve their skills.

good job
Cashier and sales associate (Former Employee) –  balzac17 August 2018
it was a fun working at the gap outlet store at Balzac cross irons mall as a part time job it was a good job with some extra benefits such as store credits
Great job for students
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC16 August 2018
This is a great place to work if you're going to school or have another source of income, but if you're trying to support yourself/others or are looking for full time hours, then this might not be the job for you. That being said, I can only speak to my own experience at my own store. I can't say whether my experience is identical to that of employees at busier locations, but from what I gathered, it's probably not very far off either.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Unreliable hours
Depends on store / management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 August 2018
Worked at two different locations, first in Edmonton and then in Calgary. Edmonton location was fantastic as far as co-workers and management went (the actual job part was fine, I personally loved fitting rooms and displays the most as they were the least monotonous). Calgary (larger store) was horrible. Everyone already had a clique, and if you were good with one of the higher-ups they would take you to lake louise, give you the tasks/shifts you wanted, and generally be nice. If I did a task that wasn't asked for (after completing everything I was supposed to) it would be an issue - the micromanagement was intense. I would come right after my classes finished and occasionally be 1-2 minutes late. Despite me saying I could get there no earlier, I would still be in trouble and they would never change my schedule. Management was petty and unsupportive. Customers were often rude - especially if you were unlucky enough to work in baby/kids. Overall one of the most emotionally taxing places I've ever worked.
Pros
Nice co-coworkers, good music playlist, discount
Cons
prolonged standing, strict on having water bottles/food on floor, BAD management, nine hour shifts, rude/entitled customer base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K