Gap Employee Reviews

Found 350 reviews matching the search See all 4,589 reviews
An Amazing Place To Work!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON14 February 2019
Looking to get some retail experience? Don't look any further than GAP! With amazing hours and management this is the ideal first retail job. Also the customers are nice for the most part here!
Pros
Free lunches, Great management, Good hours
My first job in Canada
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Nepean, ON4 February 2019
Amazing and cool people, good learning experience! My manager was a very nice lady, she used to guide me whenever i had doubts working in any section of the store.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less break hours
seasonal work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cookstown, ON1 February 2019
This was a seasonal job so only worked the Christmas season
Them management was very helpful and i learned a lot about the retail business
Very much a team atmosphere
Would be great if management was better
Part-time Team Member (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 January 2019
- Managers almost never know what the others are doing. There have been times I was scheduled to work for 6AM, only for a manager to cancel that shift at 9PM the night before when I was in bed. Another time, a manager called to see if I could pick up a shift, to which I said yeah. Come that day, I show up at 6AM (when I was supposed to be there) only for another manager to tell me I wasn't scheduled and to go home

-Hired way too many people, everyone is fighting just to get a shift a week

-Fun coworkers
Pros
50% off, fun coworkers
Cons
Barely any shifts at all, not much to do
Poor management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2019
The gap location I am emplo9yed for has poor management with managers who base hours off of favouritism opposed to their work ethic. The environment would greatly improve if it had a more positive environment.
7 February 2019

We are disappointed to hear this. At Gap Inc., we believe that all employees should feel welcomed and supported. We understand scheduling can be a pain point for some of our store employees. We will keep these points in mind as we continue our work to improve the experience for all employees across the company.

apprécié
Associé aux ventes - caissier (Current Employee) –  Gap (05)28 January 2019
apprécié, manque d'heure, très bonne qualité d'emploi
Incredible company to work for
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON27 January 2019
A typical day at work included sales, housekeeping tasks, customer relations, and more. There are many opportunities to learn new things, such as; return procedures, merchandising, markdowns, promotional changes, conflict resolutions, and much more. The workplace was a very laid back and stress-free environment. Every part of the job was enjoyable
7 February 2019

We believe in the value of teaching skills our employees can use throughout their careers. We are happy to hear of the skill you have acquired. Thanks for sharing.

good
LP Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 January 2019
good company, great business and develops their people. work life balance and company is good with employees and does lot of work to ensure employees are treated good.
7 February 2019

We love to hear this! We are extremely committed to the overall well-being of our employees, in and out of the workplace, and have been since the very beginning.

Okay place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2019
Fun place to work at. The people are great. Customers not so much.
long hours, lots of work to do but not enough payroll to fund the employees. Higher up need to invest more in stores.
7 February 2019

We appreciate hearing your feedback. Thank you for sharing what it's like to work on our team.

Busy, high volume place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough. Ontario10 January 2019
Very busy atmosphere with lots of foot traffic through the door.
Not enough payroll to support the customer to employee ratio.
Working for the Gap, there was never a moment of "what to do next". Always something to do as the store was very busy and messy.
Pros
good salary, benefits
Cons
Long hours, very messy and not enough payroll allotted
fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON5 January 2019
a great place to work the staff is really fun and outgoing. the management team is understanding and easy to talk to. a typical day is busy but fun the hardest part of the job is being on my feet for a long time
25 January 2019

We're happy to hear of your experience with management at Gap Inc. A key part of our management framework is talent development and ensuring that our employees receive the best support from their leaders. We're happy this was reflected during your time on our team.

nice
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2019
the working space was very different, time managing, would always be up and ready to start the day off going to work to see all the smiles and customers
Minimum Wage Job With Minimal Responsibilities
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 January 2019
Working at Gap is not a hard job. Gap Stores are always a mess, which will always give you something to do, but other than that, it's a very slow-paced, relaxing job. When the store wasn't open, you could clean while wearing headphones and listening to music, which was nice.
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2019
it was very hardworking, i had to make sure i did everything correctly. i had to talk to customers and tell them about the sales that were happening. i was an outgoing person
good
Azure Data Architect (Former Employee) –  CA30 December 2018
always good to work here
Enjoyed working have flexible working hours and work from home etc
managers are good, team work had fun working there it was my pleasure working
Pros
Wfh
Cons
enough
The best place
Sale associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 December 2018
Great company to work, Gap has an amazing training for their workers and always take care that everyone is working in a safe environment, great place to work when you are an student
10 January 2019

We are thrilled to see you list our training programs as a pro. We believe in setting up all members of our team to succeed and are proud to offer a wide variety of comprehensive resources to help our team maximize their performance. Thank you for leaving a review.

Good job, bad management
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC18 December 2018
The job is relatively easy, other than dealing with some weird things customers do it's easy. Management is quite rude and petty over mistakes and will make fun of you.
7 February 2019

We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We read all of these reviews and will keep your feedback in mind as we work to drive positive change across the company.

Poor management
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 December 2018
Gap has poor managements.They don't know how to manag with their associates.There is lack of acknowledgment .Their payroll and making cheques is also need to be manage.Cleaning is another big issue.
Pros
Wage per hour is okey
Cons
Gap need more manegement and highqualify, experienced supervision
7 February 2019

We're sorry to hear about your experience. We read all of these reviews and will keep your feedback in mind as we work to drive positive change across the company.

Great Pay and benefits; left the experience to be desired
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area8 December 2018
Great pay and RRSP matching program during my time with Gap

Lots of politics, restructuring and overall as a brand flying by the seat of their pants. Some upper level management were very supportive, others were unable to provide fair and consistent leadership. Stores were run with barebones budgets to help staff flagship and high profile stores often leading to a negative customer and employee experience.

despite changing titles to leaders - there's a lack of leadership culture from District managers and Regional directors - everyone still acts as a manager and often create additional barriers before removing them or inspiring performance and results from their teams
Pros
great pay, benefits and discount
Cons
poor upper management, lots of politics, no room to grow in HQ
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 December 2018
It was a good place to work at. management played favorites though.i would come in and have to tell my sales and service leader who I am and that i am coming in for my shift

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K