Gap

Gap Employee Reviews

Found 503 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,355 reviews

Gap Is Pretty Good

Gap is great just wish there were ways to feel more secure in my schedule, in my hours, and with my team communication! The people at gap however are amazing people to work with all hard workers with great goals! One big fashion family. Great environment and job!

Pros

50% off everything in store discount, Events, themed work days, treats snacks and beverage stock! Free promotional clothes

Cons

No benefits rate of employee and management turnover is high, sometimes feel taken advantage of and not given a lot of responsibility for security in hours

Nightmare ,specially the management

Never recommend it to anyone Politics Unfairness disqualified managers hardest is the working hours Product was Awesome and the quality Learned on using new system and experienced Omni channel

Pros

Free treats

Cons

Long hours and Late overnight

Amazing work place

I am fully satisfied with my work, work space,my all staff management the understand their employee’s need and solve everyone’s problem I love to work with all my team worker and management thanks to all.

The best retail company to work for

You'll be paid fairly, and hours will be easy to pick up, or drop. Their way of doing things, including their computer system, is very logical and straight forward. No silly rules or protocols that don't make sense you have to put up with whatsoever which makes it a very easy job to keep and put up with. As bad as it is working in a retail chain to pay the bills, the gap is probably the most content atmosphere I've worked in. Something the managers can be mean, but the job itself is easy enough that it'll never get you too down. I got paid more here as a sales associate than I did managing for Urban Planet and West 49, they understand why you're working there and that you're not just a work bot, which is hard to come by in retail.

Pros

Good pay, good hours

Cons

Childish customers

Fun co-workers and assistant managers but poor general manager

Got offended by general manager couple times because of minor mistakes at a very first days! Work ethic is fine but no respect from general manager! Assistant managers and team is fine tho. Employee discount is pretty much useless since everything is on sale for 40-50% and you only get additional 10% off which is pretty much a same discount as usual customers are getting! No respect at all

Pros

Great location

Cons

Lack of shifts most of the time, boring sometimes

Good training

a very fast and hard environment work force but they provide enough support and training for everyone. there is a room for development, also coworkers are are friendly.

Pros

friendly, cooperative

Worst management

Mangers were biased and if you have different opinions you will not get enough hours. They usually ask the worker who the like the least to leave early if ita not busy even tho other employee doesn't know anything

Nice store but friendly people

i got only part time hours for full week availability. I had to get shifts from other people to get more hours. But still worked only for 10-15 hours a week. They hired for fulltime, but I only got 10 hours/week. My managers were very nice and friendly. Discount on regular items only. Part of stock team and we had to finish processing from 9pm -12mn for a bunch of boxes wit 15 people. You dress up like the stuff in the store. doesn't have to be Gap brands

Pros

great location in Bloor

Cons

The Bloor store closed this covid

Happy

To be clothe for very little expenses I loved working at The Gap. It was rewarding and easy to commit to the outstanding quality of clothing to be found at The Gap.

Pros

Benefits, schedule

Cons

Pressure to sell

Unprofessional place

This is an honest review from someone who worked at gap. -terrible workplace -unprofessional behaviour from assistant manager.-terrible management

Cons

Long hours, unprofessional

Jobs at Gap

See more jobs

Fun work place.

I really enjoyed working at Gap. Gap management is great. The people are fun to work for. I loved the styles and the benefits (discounts). I would recommend working at Gap.

Pros

discounts

Cons

The job i have done ever

I miss that work a lot. You can work over time if you want. They have 10 hours shift each that everyone can do. You can listen music while working which is the best thing.

Decent work experience

Worked at the Halifax Shopping Center for almost 3 years and once the pandemic hit I went from loving my job to stressing out everytime a certain manager was in. Before moving up to key holder, I never got any raise or bonus or anything unless the minimum wage in the area was raised. Seemed like head office would favourite one manager over the ones with seniority and experience because of their relationships prior to being promoted. Store capacity being set way too high made it stressful on the small number of employees allowed to be scheduled at a time (8 employees; 2 on cash, 1 on the kids side, 1 on front door, 1 on fitting rooms, 3 floaters that included management) and set up the team for failure during peak hours. Fixtures were always breaking but we were never sent any new ones. Only perk was discount which wasn’t even that good considering how expensive the clothing is before any sales.

Pros

Decent discount (50% regular, 10% sale)

Cons

Awful management + head office prioritized sales over employee well being

Fun Place to Work

The management team and all employees were great to work with. Can be really fast-paced around the holidays but very manageable and management is out on the floor helping as much as they are able to. Only downside was the lack of hours, likely due to mass hiring.

Pros

Great managers, good environment

Cons

Low hours

Great place if it’s not your only source of income

Easy Job To Do And Numbers Are Wasily Achievable But. The Pay Is Very Little For A Warehouse Job. They Give Many Ways To Make More But They Aren’t Permanent.

Pros

Free Lunches When Not In Covid, Weekly Pay

Cons

10 Hour Days And Low Pay

Always happy and helpful

Every time I'm there its a breath of fresh air, makes me miss my kids but at same time brings a balance to my life. Its easy to talk about schedules and changes. Managers are always very clear and concise with instruction. No one feels lost , everyone is friendly and social. Its what I hope to see further once my kids are work age.

Pros

Discounts on sister stores, a safe space for everyone to work and cooperate.

My co-workers made it bearable

Some managers were constantly micromanaging me even when I was doing what they asked, as fast as I could. I couldn't fold or clean any faster especially when customers were constantly messing up all the folded clothes every minute. We were not allowed to talk to other co-workers even when there were no customers that needed help or were around. The times I did get to talk to my co-workers (sneakily) made my shifts bearable as we could relate to the stressful work environment. I did not mind the fast-paced environment because it made time go by fast and I was happy to help customers. The nice customers made work bearable as well. Working here did teach me how to problem solve and think quickly on my feet (because managers got annoyed every time I asked any question even though they never trained me about some necessary things). And it did improve my work ethic but after every shift, I left feeling like an overworked robot.

Pros

Discount on clothes

Cons

Micromanaging and stressful management

Wouldn't recommend working here

I worked at the Gap a while back and it was not a great experience. The managers are extremely passive aggressive and I got guilted into doing overnight shifts even though I had not put them in my availability form. I found that being forced to work these shifts and the constant fear of doing something wrong in front of the management, especially during my training, made the workspace really negative. I didn't feel like I had time to learn and adapt while working in my first retail job because of this. All they really care about is making sales and not the well-being of the people working for them.

Pros

Good breaks

Cons

Overworked, Poor management

Fun workplace

Mostly everyone was super helpful and friendly. The store was either super fast paced, or everything is sized, folded etc and you’re just aimlessly walking around waiting for your break.

Pros

Long breaks, good hours

Cons

Fun place to work, in my experience good management

Loved my coworkers, and the environment was great. Was a small location so spent most times cleaning and folding. Customers were mostly pretty chill, loved staff help.

Pros

Friendly environment, easy work, reliable coworkers

Cons

Shorter hours

Awesome first job!!

Excellent company to get your first job. You get solid experience in customer service. Coworkers are the best!! Management not so much but overall a good company. Good discounts too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1K