Here to help: Coronavirus update

Gap Employee Reviews

Canada469 reviews
Customer comes first, then in any down time shelves need to be stocked continuously.
Varied shifts. Typical day for me was opening, counting floats, printing off reports and emailing them when needed. Monthly audits, staff reviews. Training of staff.
Great Company and nice environment
Great environment and great coworkers
Perfect and understanding managers

Friendly and competitive atmosphere

Good place if you want to have communication with people
A fantastic experience
For my first retail experience, this has been an amazing experience. First off, hats off to the management staff for being so understanding and hosptible. They really understand how to balance my work life with my university studies. Second, the team is very nice. We are like one big family!
It was a nice place
It was a decent place to work. A very friendly environment with everyone there being willing to help each other out. A nice place to feel comfortable at work.
Best working place
The atmosphere at working gap is really great . Peers are supportive and make you feel welcome. Salary is good , if you do your given task on daily basis you don’t feel any workload at all.
Great company and great benefits
I worked at Gap for over 2 years while in college. Great place to work part-time as a student job. Can't really imagine working full-time as the pay isn't great and the movement isn't fast.
Being a Manager at Banana Republic
If you are a person who expects any level of work-life balance, this is not the brand for you. No respect, no opportunity for advancement and expected overnight shifts, sometimes thrown in at last minute.
Management is good
The store manager is good, she respect and listen to applicant, like in my case I was not working in Sunday's because I am a practising Catholic and I consider it holy so she never gave me Sunday shift. Management is very generous, they provide goodies especially during sale events to make sure that staff has energy to work.
Terrible
After a while, they hire new people and if you aren't the manager's favourite they replace you and you begin to get less hours. They also didn't give very much hours anyway, most of my hours came from covering someone's shift.
Gap inc.
Was a wonderful experience to work for an iconic brand with a long history. The management team was strong, supportive and encouraging, I would highly recommend working for the company. The only reason I am no longer employed by this company is because the store I was working at closed.
Productive workplace
This was my first work place experience and it was a tremendous one got to learn advance communication skill and managing my time with customers along with maintaining the store. strongly recommend as i had positive experience and the people and environment around me was very open!
Collaborative and fast - paced environment
It is a fast paced environment that contains a lot of different positions to do in a shift. You constantly need to be on your feet working in different areas at the best of your capabilities.
Oui c est une bonne expérience
Merci j ai rencontré des gens bien c est une bonne expérience de la vente au détail
Good starting point.
I enjoyed most of my time at GAP. I mostly did merchandising and stock work while occasionally assisting customers on the floor. Whether I was putting out new products, changing the floor, or working in the stock room; the GAP is a great place to learn the ins and outs of the retail business.
Terrible Management From Top to Bottom
Management at all levels is absolutely terrible. Our one good Manager was forced out (for attempting to run his store well, not by GAP standards) despite having a productive and happy team. Replaced with a Manager who was essentially a mouthpiece for the district and national management. No consideration is given to the needs of individual stores or employees. Productive, loyal employees are essentially fired under the guise of restructuring at least every 2 years.
it is productive.
it was a good experience working with Gap. Management is friendly and easy to go. They tried to lessen the stress level.I have learned how to work superfast in this place.
Never a good place for me.
Moving staff from one job function to other within hrs. I have not given the post I originally applied for, they kept given excuses day in day out. Materials to work are not provided.
Hands Off Loss Prevention
- great pay for Loss prevention
- good benefits for single or family

- perfect balance with family lifestyle

- great place to work with hands off policy
Crazy store environment; do not recommend
Worked at a high foot traffic store with a theft problem. There always had to be an associate stationed by the door to prevent people from trying to steal entire stacks of shirts. It happened all the time and there wasn't much more we could do about it besides being very verbally helpful to those with 'a look'. It got depressing.

I came into Gap as an associate but was promoted quickly as I worked harder than most (lots of coasting students). Shouldn't have done that because once they get used to you saying yes to back to back closing- opening shifts they will expect you to do it forever. I became the go-getting AM that wasn't trained (no time), expected to be perfect at everything. I did the best I could and learned the ropes from other AMs (the best part of the job). Then a new GM came in and suddenly nothing was good enough and yet, there was no way to fix it. Not a great time. I left in tears.
Early morning stock
My job was to unload boxes and sort clothes in early morning shipments. Folding and sorting clothes into their appropriate places. It is expected in this position to do things efficiently and focus less on organization.
Great place!
Working at the gap was one of the best jobs I have had. The management style is relaxed, as long as you do your work.
The customers can be a pain, and hard to deal with, but the staff and coworkers make it easier to deal with.

I loved making displays look neat and tidy, I hated that they would be a mess within a minute of me walking away.