Gap

Canada561 reviews

Found 561 reviews matching the searchSee all 6,666 reviews
retailclothestoreclothingfoldingfittingdiscountshift

There are worse jobs

Sometimes the work itself is monotonous but my coworkers were cool, so it was still fun. The worst part, by far, is shipment day because you have to start at 5am.

Workplace

It’s fine! There just too many managers for no reason really so sometimes it gets confusing who’s in charge! Overall it’s a nice place to work at !!!!

Insights into Gap

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive and fun place to work at with great staff

Great to work with awesome employees. I've worked with the clinics casually for the past 2 years. Love providing wound care to all the pts who come through.

Pros

Decent work life balance

Cons

12 hour shifts

Loved working here

unfortunately, we lost our store back in 2020 but if they were to come back, I would move back and apply. it was a positive work environment, and our discount was amazing. i miss it so much

Boring

Hours were short. People were friendly enough. Very boring work, which consisted of folding clothes and helping the occasional customer. Wage is terrible, you get no benefits.

Part time employee works few hours

Bad point: they often release the part-time employee early when the store is not busy. Good point: It is a good option to get experience and learn about customer service.

smart people

hq is filled with smart people. its collaborative. its competitive (in a good way) and they compensate employees above corporate retail standards. go gap!

Good part time job for students

Pretty flexible with hours, you need to have at least one closing shift and one weekend day open. Managers are nice (when sales are great). Pretty chill job overall.

Pros

get free things once in a while

Cons

Not enough hours

fun and workplace

its fine when its busy during christmas or back to school, when there is no time they always cutting your hours. too many dramas in a management. the hours sometimes it's not accurate they can be changed

Pros

discount

Cons

less hours

Some more availability for full time hours would definitely be a great improvement, but perfect for those looking for part time commitment. Managers are very good and easy to work for.

Awesome place to work!

Amazing team, flexible working hours, great work-life balance, supportive management and co workers. Learning something new on daily basis, never gets bored. Room to grow. Great benefits.

Great first job

Great first job, great managers. Amazing discount. Sometimes there’s not enough payroll but that’s usually the case for all retail jobs and not the store managers fault!

Medium workplace, wish the managers were more supportive

Loved my coworkers except for the managers. When hired they made it seem like the would support you vs the customer but that changed after a couple of months

Fun place to work

I enjoyed my time working at Gap. Though I will say in today's economy, minimum wage just doesn't cut it anymore and it's really a problem that businesses still only offer minimum wage. Are people not worth more than the bare minimum? That's not just for Gap but for any job, I do feel the corporate mentality needs to change and stop offering people the bare minimum, because the bare minimum is not even close to a livable wage in today's economy and businesses need to start considering that. This is something I would like to encourage Gap and their sister companies to do better with, because it really is a great company to work for. Minimum wage is just no longer realistic when hiring people - that goes for anywhere.As for the culture, Gap has a really great work culture. I really enjoyed working with my coworkers and I enjoyed my tasks. They made me feel like my input mattered and really encourage individuality. I found it a really positive place to work.

Pros

Great work culture, mostly positive environment, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, company needs to adapt to the current economy and pay employees a livable wage, minimum wage is not a livable wage in today's economy.

Good first job

It was a good first step into retail and a great high school job! The pay was good if you lived at home, if you are paying rent, I suggest you get a 2nd job.

Same as any retail place

Gap really is the same as any other retail store. It can get pretty slow at times so expect to be tasking a lot. Overall a pretty great place to work, management was pretty understanding. However you don’t get a lot of hours

Pros

Tasking

Cons

No hours

Don’t work here.. Horrible management

Store manager spent all their time in the office and on the phone. Zero support from management.Managed from the office. Corporate changed their minds every two day on sale. Poorly managed from the higher ups. Store manager and up. Don’t recommend this company.

Pros

Great discount

Cons

No support from higher management

Alright place to work

A decent place to work, coworkers are fun and nice. Only issue is that there is not enough people working shifts. Management is nice but they require you to work hard and makes it hard to take days off.

Strict and discipline environment to work

Good environment to work and succeed. A lot more opportunities for growth if you are willing to take your chances as to when they come. Strict adherence to safety guidelines is key and must be adhere to at all time.Safety over production. If you stay fit you can give more to the company.

No tips, it was easy.

Great people, management was okay . A bit stressful at time. A lot of favouritism. Met a lot of amazing people that I still keep in contact with. A good start place to work .

chill place to work

even though i was just seasonal, it was still pretty chill most of the time, and except for one lady, all of the managers weren't too bad either, pretty good spot to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement