Gap Inc. Employee Reviews

Intersting start up operation
Assistant Stocking Department Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 March 2018
Assisted with start up operation
Created many start up procedures
Great opportunity
Fun workplace
Not challenging enough following start up
Great people
Pros
Many fun events
Cons
Compensation
This is a good place to work
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2018
I have worked as a return creditor,handling merchandise.I have learnt to manage multiple tasks at one time.The work culture is good.All colleagues are helpful.
Bad Training
Forklift / Reach Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2018
Training was very little. They just showed you a job once and then not much support after. The entire workforce has a "me first" attitude. No one really thinks of the next person that has to deal with a situation and tend to make it easy for them selves and harder for the next person
Clothing organized and on racks
Sales / Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
I really enjoy organizing and setting up clothes on racks or on show tables, I learned to organize them with the flow of customers coming into the store. The challenge is some customers were hard to understand because of their accent.
Pros
get clothes at discount
Cons
a few hard to please customers
Great Staff, Enjoyed my time there
LEAD / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 February 2018
My typical day was anywhere from 6:30 to 5pm. M-F
Form promo to markdown, merchandizing to organizing the department, to opening the store and closing & Inventory.
Shipping and Receiving was the hardest as there was lost of heavy boxes.
The most enjoyable and relaxing was at the cash when very busy.
Organizing the warehouse.
Pros
I met some great people
Cons
Better management
Productive and fun place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON1 February 2018
The gap is a very well respected brand and well liked. Customers from all backgrounds and ages enjoy their shopping experience with Gap. We pride ourselves on great customer service.
love this company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC31 January 2018
Great company to work for. Fun work enviorment and a great way to make new friends and get out of your comfort zone. really helps people come out of their shells.
Love fashion? Love this!
running fitting rooms and making sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2018
Fun not too bad! Can be super competitive and management can be a bit pushy but overall super fun! Organized company to work with :) a lot of staff which is always a plus
Pros
50 percent off
Cons
mall job
Nuetral Workplace
Customer Representative/Stock Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2018
- Just trying to get the job done and keep the store clean
- Always ask for emails
- Organize the stockroom
- Try your best to reach sales goals
- Cashier efficiency was great
Pros
breaks
Cons
shift cuts
Good work life balance
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
It was great working for this company. I enjoyed the challenges that came with the role. My colleagues were very helpful and it was a very collaborative environment.
Good atmosphere
Stocking (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2018
easy if you know all the functions
i have learned how to operate a forklift
Gap have some amazing management
replacing the pallet after ever delivery
Work Period (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
I am working part-time as a sales associate at Gap. Based on my three months experience please find below pros and cons of working at Gap :

Pros :
1. The workplace is good and well maintained.
2. Managers are very supportive and helped all the newcomers in understanding the roles and responsibilities.
3. Shift times are flexible and can be changed with prior notice.
4. After every two hours of work, you can take 15 min break.

Cons:
1. Salary is very less not as per minimum wages.
2. Timings and number of hours per day were not fixed, sometimes we worked only for 3 hrs a week in off-season months.
old navy
Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
loved working for this company!! and still miss it, there so much to learn and the environment is amazing, so full of energy,and opportunity for advancement which as long as your driven is easy to achieve
Customer service skills are a must
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 January 2018
Day goes by really slowly. Not much to do other than keeping the store cleaning. It is not a physically demanding job. Customer service skills are a must in order to engage with customers.
Working in shipping and reciveing
Key Holder/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 January 2018
I enjoy the fast paced environment where I can use a variety of skills. From recieving the items and organizing the back room to making sure the store is fully stocked I enjoy my job.
It was good
Co-op Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 January 2018
Everyone was nice and helpful. They really put me to work. I really enjoyed it and would work there again. All the workers are friendly and nice. I'd be happy to work there again.
Be prepared to get no shifts!!!!!!!!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
I was relocated during the holiday season so hours we good, almost too good. They were long stressful and they would extend them without informing you and wouldn't let you go until your section was clean.They didn't hire people to work in the morning (unless it was shipment, which usually got cancelled...) so the store had to be nearly perfect for the next day which I find to be so pointless because that is the point of hiring us, to get more hours when things are incomplete to do the next day, to clean up before the store opens. Anyways, be prepared to have your shifts cut or cancelled do to over staff or some lame excuse they keep saying. Be prepared to not be scheduled at all once the holiday season is over. That's why I'm looking for a second job right now because I have a life and unfortunately it's not cheap, and I can't keep spending it at home doing absolutely NOTHING and wondering if my shift would be cancelled or not. I don't understand why management gives out unfair shifts when you're the one with more availability, doing the hardest work but getting the most turned over? It gets really discouraging and just makes you want to quit. Would only recommend working here for seasonal just because that is the only time they would want to give you ANY consistent hours. DO NOT WORK HERE FOR A FULL TIME/ PART TIME JOB! You will just end up leaving based on lack of hours because they keep hiring people...
Pros
Finally getting paid, the other employees you work with, the customers you meet
Cons
No consistent hours, frequent cancelled shifts, frequent shorted shifts, management, not reliable at all
Trash
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
Everyone there is stuck up and kinda stick to people and things that they know. Management doesn't care about you and just seems to want to get as much out of you during your time there
Pros
I got paid I guess
Cons
Everything about the job
fun field
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 December 2017
The best part about working there was meeting new everyday while working and also receiving positive comments from the customer after you helped them.
The store is a family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 December 2017
Overall GAP is a family, we all where there to support eachother and did everything we could for eachother. But as of lately GAP has gone downhill. They hire so many young popular bratty girls that they are just allowing drama to happen and never hold assistant managers accountable for their actions.
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Drama

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gap Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.