Ganong Bros., Limited Employee Reviews

Work hard for them, they work hard for you.
Cook (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB10 July 2019
Working at ganongs is good and bad, hard work at times and steady all the time. If you are a good worker and pay attention to detail you will move up fast. They are always looking for a team player. You work hard for ganongs and they will look after you.
Ganongs
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Saint Stephen, NB8 June 2019
Somebody asked me why Canadians waste so much candy the answer is simple , greed ! I was asked is there a management team at Ganongs , no there is not . They had a meeting with 15 of the staff the so called management team lied to us said they were proud of us for the projects we did . I wasn't proud of them projects we threw them together in one day cause it took them all week to get us computers. Im not proud of them for their projects I'm proud of them for the labour they do for minimal pay. The belts were running so fast the last time I worked I felt like I was on a roller coaster watching it . I had a panic attack and almost hit three cars when I left. Do they care about there employees , customers or even the general public or the environment ? No .. they care about numbers ! They care about their island , their land , there many houses . But they can't keep the parking lot fixed my car is so far out of alignment the tires crooked . The pot holes in the parking lot r the worst I've seen people r driving on the lawn to get in . I was offered another job last week . I can't afford to live and support my kid and fix my car on a part time job .. so I'm stuck there just to have full time hours .
Pros
Full time hours
Cons
Everything else..
Unstable Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB21 January 2019
Unstable environment with great changes constantly in management. Needs more stability and higher wages to retain talent.

I would like to see greater involvement of management with the average employee and morale does need a boost.
Canada's oldest family owned candy factory.
I work here (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB2 December 2018
This is a sweet job for some one with local ties or just wanting to settle down in a low exertion job. When compared to the area their wages with the addition of the benefits are competitive for the job they offer.
Pros
It's a chocolate factory
Cons
Not supposed to sample the goods
Repeditive every day
Operator 3 (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB18 November 2018
You do the same motion day in and day out. Your expected to work lots of hours and pick up your co workers slack. Managment dosnt care about there employees and have a production over moral mind set. Co workers are usualy pretty awsome. As long an you dont start off on the wrong foot. If you do they can be very cliky. They dont offer annual raises. So if you work there 10 years your making the same as some one off the street
Pros
Free Boots yearly
Cons
Tediously long days
positive work environment
Factory labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB26 September 2018
I enjoyed working with this company and learning new things daily, I worked a number of shift work and always with a team. The company was supportive when employees wanted to engage in new job listings within the company, working together was important and quality was at its highest.
Pros
meeting new people, benefits
Cons
job security and wages
Very bad culture.
Pleb (Former Employee) –  Ganong Bros30 August 2018
Upper management panders to their friends. Factory floor employees are terrorized.

Inconsistent HR. Problem!!!

The friends succeed attitude here needs to change. They lose good workers because others bully them.
Pros
It’s a job
Cons
Everything else
sweat shop
Factory Labourer/Haul Away Operator/Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB18 June 2018
low pay,4hours between breaks rotating shifts therefore hard to have a family life or proper rest.Unsanitary compared to other factories.Lack of breaks hard on body and there is a very unhappy workforce due to low wages and poor working conditions, This is why they have trouble finding locals for job openings and have to resort to temporary foreign workers
Pros
Cons
long periods between breaks, low pay
Alright place
Paletizer (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB5 May 2018
Depending on witch line you get on and who you work with this job can either be good or bad . I myself did t enjoy working there but some people do ..
You are just a number
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB30 September 2017
In the past few years the workplace in this establishment has been declining in many areas. The information passed between the floor and office becomes skewed or never reaches its destination. The majority of employees are immature and/or cause a stressful environment. Employee benefits are superb and due to competition, pay raises are moderately good. However, the work environment is not worth the pay.
Pros
Health and Dental insurance
Cons
Constant scheduling mistakes, lack of communication with management, abusive co-workers and non-unionized
This job was only part time mothers shift.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB12 September 2017
I liked working on this job. It is not a job that I would be able to do now. It was not enough hours to receive ei which was not a great job. I liked the people and there was room for advancement for me as I did a good job.
Pros
Inside work
Cons
Not enough hours
Ganong
WHMIS Administrative (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB23 August 2017
I enjoyed my summer employment at Ganong's I learned a lot about the company and the supplies that were kept on hand. I had a chance to see what the company and employee's did on a day to day basic. I spent my summer redoing the WHMIS binder to protect the company and the staff.
Safe job with guaranteed hours and overtime available
Processing Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB28 June 2017
Working for Ganong's was a great experience, I've managed to move up in the company, there are plenty of opportunities to advance. Job is year round and the benefits are great, they provide uniforms and discount for safety shoes. I've had to quit my job just because I've started my own catering business...
Pros
good benefits, year round, overtime available
Cons
hectic on the busy time of year
Great Benefits, Poor Communication
Operator 3 (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB30 May 2017
GMPs, paperwork, training, developing programs, writing policies, food safety, scale and metal detector calibrations, creating labels, emails, reviewing forms, allergen control, inspections, finished product specs, raw materials.

the hardest part of the job is often working without proper communication from other departments & management.
Pros
Benefits, employer matched pension plan, long-term disability plan
Cons
Poor wages, lack of communication, lack of respect
Happy environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB22 June 2016
I would like the opportunity to gain the experience of working for your company and furthering my education of hard work.
Pros
nice people
Cons
mean people
I like to work as soon as possible.
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB8 March 2016
I' ve been learning already working there for only 4 months and interested.
I do love the most enjoyable part of the job.
I can do work with co-workers.
I can train with new people.
I can do work day at work or night shift etc..
I do like a helping hands.
I had the hardest working and very interested.
I have so many experience working with a lots and interested.
Pros
I bring my lunch.
Cons
40 hrs.
Good company but small
worker (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB5 January 2016
This is a good company to work for but is small and low paying. located in a small town, quiet and nice area. great products and nice employees.
leaving work knowing i have did a good job.
forklift opt (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB24 October 2014
Worked on my own with no supervision,never missed time.Love working with fish but was moved around to much when working on the water,some days drove 30 miles to find out they had no work that day. Would love to work at a hatchery.Going to the same place every day and i would work hard to keep the fry healthy and strong.I always keep my work area clean.Got along great with others and management.The hardest part was keeping the lines going so they would not go down.The most enjoyable part of the days was all the smiles from co-workers and leaving work knowing i did a good job.
it is a job. but i feel locked in
leadhand (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB23 September 2014
is not the best place to work. i been there 14 yrs and am not happy there.i think longer you work here the worse you are treated
Pros
close short travel time
Cons
inside work, managers who do not know jobs they are boss over
Good if you plan to stay in town
Process Operator - Operator (Former Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB12 September 2014
Can't complain to much. If you do your job and you do it well, nobody has anything to say. The lower management would need more training, the higher management very good. It is an excellent place to work and gain experience. You can become an operator in a short time if you show interest and like what you do. Overall, it is probably one of the best place to work in New Brunswick