Gannett Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Warning...don't apply in SW Florida
Sales (Former Employee) –  SW Florida20 January 2019
You will never make enough to make ends meet. Once you start selling to larger accounts they will strip them away and leave you with failing accounts. No advancement....RUN!!!!!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Low Salary, Poor Health Insurance, Uncertainty
exciting
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CA5 December 2017
I learned a lot about prospecting at the Salinas Californian it was a wonderful experience learning about new sales, and advertising. the pay was great and the work was heavy on deadlines.
Pros
good pay
Cons
deadline commitments could cause you to stay at wk.
Productive Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 October 2017
A good starter place to work. Very flexible with my schedule while attending school. Great benefits. Great working hours. Fun at times, and sometimes hard to deal with.
Avoid
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY27 July 2017
Call center supervisor emailed me informing the first five days of short-term disability must be PTO/vacation days. And even though I followed her instructions and emailed confirmations to everyone that I put it in, they did not pay me. Something is very wrong when the company you work for does not pay you and/or does not pay you in full and on time. I was an actual employee - not a volunteer. All they care about is hitting their sales goals. Apparently, they could care less about you actually getting paid. When I asked the call center supervisor (same person) if she wanted to answer my questions, she said no. And because of their failure to pay me, I started looking at everything and found out they were overcharging me for parking ever since the day I was hired. They had to refund me more than $200 for overages. And I was not the only person being overcharged/duped. I warned my coworkers, so they could review their paychecks and get refunds where necessary. When you overcharge people that much for so long, it's not an accident. Let this be a warning to you to stay away. I wish someone had told me to stay away.
learing experience
Sales/Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY26 June 2017
If you are looking for a fast pace sales job its a great place to be. the people are like family and very helpful. The management is ok as long as you make calls you can see a pay check with results.
Stressful with Tight Deadlines
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DE7 June 2017
Although challenging, Gannett was not a company that I would recommended someone to work for. A typical day involved many needless conference calls that took away from the work at hand, which had very tight deadlines. The management was acceptable, yet stressed as well. The most difficult part of the job was handling the tight deadlines, especially if they were last minute while traveling. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning Social Media advertising.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Tight Deadlines
Good company
Classified Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NY5 April 2017
A day working at Gannett was good. I had learned a lot of needed skills that I am able to use in another job. Gannett was a good and satisfying company to work for.
In house sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY13 November 2015
We logged into our PC and checked our emails,and sign into our assigned campaign and made our calls. Our atmosphere was very laid back. We had very knowledgeable and understanding supervisors, who didn't police you ,(for lack of a better term) but gave you space to learn. We would meet up with our supervisor weekly in thew beginning to go over our overall performance on our calls. To see if we needed improvement or just to congratulate us on over coming objectives.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, vac, personal days, weekends off
Cons
Na
Great coworkers
Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud18 August 2014
Employees very loyal but hard work is not rewarded. What started as a great job slowly turned into hamster on a treadmill
Pros
Great coworkers at the production level.
Cons
Top heavy executive level, poor management
An OK place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY24 June 2014
When working here, you definitely need to check your commission sheets. They are almost always wrong, but management does correct them. Not a very professional environment. Co-workers were great. It is a more relaxed, low stress work environment.
Fast pace work environment during busy seasons
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC6 June 2014
During the prime vacation seasons there is plenty of work to do.
Enjoyable workplace
Sales and Up-sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH27 February 2013
A typical day at work would be making over 100 calls a day trying to sell the enquirer. I learned how to deal with people problems and all types of different people. Management was good at Gannett. They worked with everyone and they gave us prizes for accomplishing goals.
Pros
great co- workers, great supervisors
Cons
no job security, no job advancment