Gannett

Gannett Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

Poor management. Great working environment (employees) working with peers was amazing.Free lunches occasionally. No room for growth. Cleanliness was not up to par.
Pros
great working environment with peers
Cons
poor managment
There were simply too few people in my department, yet we were consistently given more and more to do as time went on. Multiple people were having panic attacks at work daily, yet you were just told to "get it done" when you asked for help, despite being told to ask for help. I can only hope things go uphill there, for the sake of my coworkers that I liked.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Understaffed, Overworked
The company does provide a very laid back culture. However, they are constantly changes ideas and never keeping up to date on sales training with products. They simply say "here is a new product, talk to customers about it" without properly training employees on the topics. Management always has some sort of excuse as to why they haven't yet or when they might do something yet nothing ever comes from these statements.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
no advancement; no sales training; not much direction
You will never make enough to make ends meet. Once you start selling to larger accounts they will strip them away and leave you with failing accounts. No advancement....RUN!!!!!
Pros
Pto
Cons
Low Salary, Poor Health Insurance, Uncertainty
I learned a lot about prospecting at the Salinas Californian it was a wonderful experience learning about new sales, and advertising. the pay was great and the work was heavy on deadlines.
Pros
good pay
Cons
deadline commitments could cause you to stay at wk.
A good starter place to work. Very flexible with my schedule while attending school. Great benefits. Great working hours. Fun at times, and sometimes hard to deal with.
Call center supervisor emailed me informing the first five days of short-term disability must be PTO/vacation days. And even though I followed her instructions and emailed confirmations to everyone that I put it in, they did not pay me. Something is very wrong when the company you work for does not pay you and/or does not pay you in full and on time. I was an actual employee - not a volunteer. All they care about is hitting their sales goals. Apparently, they could care less about you actually getting paid. When I asked the call center supervisor (same person) if she wanted to answer my questions, she said no. And because of their failure to pay me, I started looking at everything and found out they were overcharging me for parking ever since the day I was hired. They had to refund me more than $200 for overages. And I was not the only person being overcharged/duped. I warned my coworkers, so they could review their paychecks and get refunds where necessary. When you overcharge people that much for so long, it's not an accident. Let this be a warning to you to stay away. I wish someone had told me to stay away.
Cons
Media companies are struggling to define who they are and how to stand out in a competitive industry with a very low bar for entry. Gannett is no exception but has the resources to emerge on top given enough time with the right people.
Although challenging, Gannett was not a company that I would recommended someone to work for. A typical day involved many needless conference calls that took away from the work at hand, which had very tight deadlines. The management was acceptable, yet stressed as well. The most difficult part of the job was handling the tight deadlines, especially if they were last minute while traveling. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning Social Media advertising.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Tight Deadlines
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gannett?
A day working at Gannett was good. I had learned a lot of needed skills that I am able to use in another job. Gannett was a good and satisfying company to work for.
We logged into our PC and checked our emails,and sign into our assigned campaign and made our calls. Our atmosphere was very laid back. We had very knowledgeable and understanding supervisors, who didn't police you ,(for lack of a better term) but gave you space to learn. We would meet up with our supervisor weekly in thew beginning to go over our overall performance on our calls. To see if we needed improvement or just to congratulate us on over coming objectives.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere, vac, personal days, weekends off
Cons
Na
Employees very loyal but hard work is not rewarded. What started as a great job slowly turned into hamster on a treadmill
Pros
Great coworkers at the production level.
Cons
Top heavy executive level, poor management
When working here, you definitely need to check your commission sheets. They are almost always wrong, but management does correct them. Not a very professional environment. Co-workers were great. It is a more relaxed, low stress work environment.
During the prime vacation seasons there is plenty of work to do.
Medical Insurance is awful. Coworkers are great. Raises don't happen. People leave the company and you are asked to do their job (on top of the job you were hired for) without compensation.
A typical day at work would be making over 100 calls a day trying to sell the enquirer. I learned how to deal with people problems and all types of different people. Management was good at Gannett. They worked with everyone and they gave us prizes for accomplishing goals.
Pros
great co- workers, great supervisors
Cons
no job security, no job advancment