Gannett Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

The people
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY14 January 2020
Not a bad place to work for the people are kind and respectful 😊. The pay was the only issue , I just felt that the position can get overwhelming at times.
Nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY17 November 2019
Work hours 10 am to 6:30 pm did fit with my life style. The job itself was ok. Co workers and management where nice. I learned a lot about appliances.
Great company to work for
Circulation Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC26 October 2019
If the circulation department was to start back I would love to be a part, we all was family an got along so well, I would have retired from there. The hr was always there when needed an supervisors and management were the best.
Pros
Great commission checks and bonuses
Wonderful place to work
Customer service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC12 September 2019
I would love to recommend this job to others but Gannett is no longer in business. This was a great job with great people and customers. A great learning experience and room to grow.
Good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY6 September 2019
Good company, room for advancement. Management was fair and treated their employees with respect. Lots of phone work but freedom for breaks and such. Benefits were really good. Hours were flexible.
production
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC29 August 2019
I would never advise anyone to work at this location. You will be cussed out daily by customers you must meet sales even if you are being treated badly by the customer. this was a horrible place to work.
In my opinion Gannett has no problem lying to potential employers and promising them bonuses and benefits they know no one will ever receive.
Customer Service Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY21 July 2019
I hope Gannets goes out of business for the lack of integrity they have shown me.
They promised me longevity they knew they could not provide and a bikinis plan they always find a way of not honoring.
I would rather starve to death than work for Gannets or subscribe to Amy of their Liberal trash papers.
It was a place of employment for me
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  525 w broadway25 June 2019
I enjoyed talking to some of the customers and being of help to them. The co-workers were nice to work with and very helpful if you needed assistance. The computer were outdated and caused a lot of errors
Not an exciting place to work
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY13 June 2019
No room for advancement, no pay raises, Point system on attendance which creates high turnover.Have to come in early off the clock to prepare to go ready.off the clock bathroom breaks
Dull
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI5 June 2019
Very dull place to work. Half of the building is shut down. They only allow employees to use one restroom. No sunlight. No informational meets to keep you up to date on new accounts so you have to lie to customers.
Pros
Flexible, pay
Cons
Unorganized
Laid Back Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MI3 June 2019
Management was great, so were the coworkers. Very laid back, boring at times. You wont get hours though. You'll start only doing 25/week until they decide if they want to keep you after your 90 days.
Mercedes m
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ9 April 2019
Great place to work and have great leaders there that actually help and provide you with the skills that you need to be successful in life wonderful place to start working if you're ever in Arizona
Not enough employees to handle calls
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY8 March 2019
This job seem promising when I accepted the position, however once I started working it was not what it seemed. I was put onto the phones in less than two weeks after barely learning the systems. The training environment was good but the rush to get us on the phone was unreal. They clearly do not have enough employees to meet the demand of their customer base, customers generally wait almost two full hours before they are able to speak to you and are very upset when they come on the line. Overall decent pay, stressful job.
Pros
Friendly training staff
Cons
Dirty work environment, call center floor. Rushed training. Not enough employees to meet customer demand.
great place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC5 February 2019
Easy to maneuver through the system. Good place to build a great career, great coworkers, excellent benefits/ commission as long as you do your part. Good company to work for.
productive work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC15 January 2019
I really enjoyed this job, great pay plus commission. great work place and safe. good benefits, great staff. also great schedules. I would reccommen d
Fast Paced and Competitive
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC5 January 2019
The calls became overwhelming, due to constantly adding newspapers. Commission was available but the metrics changed often. We were allowed to change shifts with other Representatives.
Pros
Flexible schedules and Casual Attire
Cons
Short lunch break
The Worst
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY13 December 2018
Not only are you left to your own devices as far as figuring out your job and goals, it's possible you'll go above and beyond and NOT get paid for work you do. Not only are there issues with payroll, the entire environment is toxic! No room for advancement. They tell you all about job security, and you come to work one day and then you're told in 2-3 months you won't have a job. Yet they continue to hire temps. Not only did they lay off over half of the center, a bogus attendance policy was put in place which resulted in nearly half of the people who kept their jobs being fired. Then those laid off were offered to "interview again" for the same job they currently had at $2-$5 less per hour than they currently made. Management is joke. No one from the site director to the front office managers to work force management help you. Actually getting work force to do their job is a joke, you'd think you were asking them to sacrifice their first born. Management you never see. They hide in their comfy offices afraid to even speak to anyone that doesn't have a management title. As for supervisors, if you're into office gossip and NEVER getting help with assisting a customer then this is the place for you. Supervisors would rather gossip about you rather than help you. Then gossip about you more and talk down to you because you asked for help. This place has so many lawsuits against them it's ridiculous. From workplace bullying to racial discrimination. You name it, they have a lawsuit for it.
Pros
going home at the end of the day
Cons
everything else
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC11 December 2018
Provided customer service for over 180 Newspaper customer around the United States. Assist customer with new start, cancelation, product and billing concerns.
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
health insurance
Closing Local Office
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC6 December 2018
The company is closing its local office in South Carolina putting more than 100 people out of a job, the company started out as if they cared for the well being of its employees but changed to being all about numbers and again are closing the local office as of December 31, 2018.
Big deck and cafeteria equipped with freezers and microwaves
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SC28 November 2018
Very organized and pleasant environment to work in.

Friendly coworkers with effective communication skills.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to get to speak with customers from every part of the country and get to know different accents.
Cons
Short breaks and short lunch time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gannett. Our community is ready to answer.