Gannett Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Tier 1 Help Desk (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA14 August 2019
The work culture of Gannett was excellent. It was a fun culture with excellent departments that come together several times a year for events. The IT department was a very busy environment with frequent changes in adding additional assignments unannounced that make the work/life balance a struggle sometimes.
anxiety
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New Jersey13 August 2019
My Gannett hub laid off our entire design center June of 2018. Major layoffs every single January culled the herd, so that every year from the beginning of November till the end of January the entire staff were filled with anxiety over losing their job — which is always a great way to enjoy the holiday. Management is known for its “one and done” policy which freezes advancement and ultimately ends careers with layoffs.
Pros
A job, annual company picnic consisting of burgers and soda.
Cons
Everything from salary to benefits, management, Hr, harassment.
Great place for starting Designers
Performance & Development Coach (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA12 August 2019
It's a great place to start your career. It gives the opportunity to grow your resume and learn new skills. Schedules improved throughout the last 5 years. Great way to work on portfolio as well.
I did not enjoy working for this company
Independent Agent - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VA8 August 2019
I worked for my original company for many years and they were overall good to their contractors. But once Gannett bought the company it very quickly went downhill. Sales started falling and never stopped falling so year after year we made less and less money. Since their contractors only get paid commission you understand how that effected them and why I finally left after sales dropped so much that my income was less than half what I use to make. They did not understand their customers for the business they bought and why sales suffered so badly
horrible place to work
Cash Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, IN7 August 2019
The company is a joke, they do not train you and the employees are very rude and clickish. They focus too much on meeting and not enough on employees. Horrible place to work
Generally a great place to work
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY6 August 2019
Gannett is a great place to work and is perfect for someone new to call center work. Management is constantly on top of your performance metrics and does everything they can to help you improve. The systems are very simple to use. It can be very fast pace at times, during the winter and early/mid day especially. If you work evenings or Sundays it's usually much more slow paced. Overall I had a positive experience and would absolutely work there again.
Low
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MS6 August 2019
Worst job opportunities I have ever had. Management is not together this company treat there employees terrible. The company needs to be restructured
Huge Company, plenty of room for advancement
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DE2 August 2019
Quick paced enjoyable job. Get to see the sunrise everyday. Enjoy dealing with customers. I got the job after taking care of my grandmother as she progressed through life. Taking care of her was more than a full time job. Best years of my life besides raising my to boys. Only one more to get through college! Life is a joy. I just require more income. I like working as an independent contractor/ courier for Gannett. I just would love to advance in the company.
Pros
Self management
Cons
365 days a year
The work load was alot easier when they moved to other building but i still missed work and had to leave early do to personal, medical reasons.
Mailroom Associate (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA28 July 2019
They were good to me bc I missed a lot of days and had to leave early quite a bit due to personal/ medical reasons and they didn't fire me. The part time employers get 401k but not as good of benefits as full time such as health ins. Etc.
In my opinion Gannett has no problem lying to potential employers and promising them bonuses and benefits they know no one will ever receive.
Customer Service Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY21 July 2019
I hope Gannets goes out of business for the lack of integrity they have shown me.
They promised me longevity they knew they could not provide and a bikinis plan they always find a way of not honoring.
I would rather starve to death than work for Gannets or subscribe to Amy of their Liberal trash papers.
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJ19 July 2019
It’s a good company to work for even though the newspaper industry is dying. A lot of time off and fair pay. A lot of friendly people here. Management has a lot of experience so they know what they’re doing. I would recommend people to this company if the industry wasn’t on the downturn.
It's okay depending
Marketing Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA19 July 2019
All depends on what job you have...shrinking industry but they try hard. Its complicated lots of change. High turnover. Lots of new structure consistently put into place.
Pick and choose
Outbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN15 July 2019
Working at Gannett was stressful. The staff was unprofessional and Bias. Managers,Supervisors always picked and choosed their favorites. I went in and made my money and went home.
Not the best job, but I got some good experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WI14 July 2019
I was good at this job, but the workdays would either be fast-paced and overwhelming or extremely slow and boring. On overwhelming days, I often felt as if I was the only person working while everyone around me sat around and talked. It also didn't help that many worked remotely, so it was hard to tell if they were even working at all. On slow days, I questioned why I was even there if there was nothing to do.

I think everyone else was okay with the workplace culture, but I was left out a lot due to being the newest person there and no one made an effort to include me in conversations or anything really, which made the job less enjoyable than it could have been.

Overall, I did gain some good experience from this job and I believe that the skills I learned here can help me moving forward. I just really disliked the pace of this job and how I often felt as if I was the only person actually working.
Bad management
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MI12 July 2019
The work day began at 11pm and it is hustle and bustle until 4 am.
The business was the distribution center for the local newspaper and carriers came to pick up their customer papers for delivery. The warehouse employees had to load their work area with the correct number of papers needed for that route. If a carrier did not come into work, we the management staff had to go and deliver that route.
Everyone was out for themselves. The hardest aspect of the job was having to deliver a route you are not familiar with and in the dark.
I enjoyed this position because I met some nice people.
Very depressing over worked job do not go there I repeat do not go
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, IN11 July 2019
Suck, low pay and just ridiculous people. Don’t go to this company also a lot of people that’s been there for years don’t have a job they are self destructing
Pros
Cons
Pay, work load
good place to work at
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, IN11 July 2019
good place to work at. atmosphere is laid back and everyone is friendly and helpful. we had monthly meetings to go over things that needed to be improved or new items.
Toxic Work Environment
DATACENTER OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ10 July 2019
Company just outsourced IT Dept's. Gannet is circling the toilet drain as a company. Losing more valued employees on a daily basis. Poor compensation.
Easy going
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FL9 July 2019
They skip over promoting you even though you may be a better candidate than most to promote friends and family. There’s a lot of favoritism here. They gossip and lie bad. Best to keep to yourself.
The place was awful.......
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY2 July 2019
Upper management beyond supervisor didn’t care . They openly had favorites , didn’t care about customers just how fast you could handle the calls. They would lie to your face. Walk around and not even say good morning.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gannett. Our community is ready to answer.