Galvanize Employee Review

Inconsistent
Community Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO22 January 2019
They talk a big game about promoting from within- but they do not back it up. Pay is below average, benefits are just ok, no sense of direction. Manager constantly telling different people different things. A lot of nepotism via friendship going on, pretty annoying. I feel that managers are not held accountable and the lowest people on the totem pole end up taking the blame. They claim to be transparent to all employees, but all the information given to us seems pretty insignificant in the big scheme of things. I never feel like I truly know what is going on, and I do not feel like I have a chance to advance. As weird as it might sound, there is some kind of "good ole girls" network going on. All the managers for the CO campuses are women. Statistically speaking, that is almost impossible. So the fact that women continue to be hired into management roles needs to be looked at.
Pros
flex time off, cold brew, gym on campus
Cons
below average pay, little to no advancement opportunities

Other Galvanize Employee Reviews

Cool Office, Nice People
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX22 July 2019
As an event coordinator, I work shifts I sign up for. I set up and break down events as well as do event check ins. In general, just assist the event manager and vendors with whatever needs to be done to ensure the event is successful.

The event manager is super cool and helpful and goes above and beyond. The other employees that i have met and interacted with were nice and helpful as well.

It's an awesome, flexible part time job.
It's a school!
Data Science (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 June 2019
Galvanize is a for-profit technology school that has bootcamps and classes. Their teachers are generally high quality but they need some help keeping curricula relevant.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Not enough free snacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Galvanize. Our community is ready to answer.