Galvanize Employee Review

Hectic Work Environment with Little Support
Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  Colorado23 June 2018
The executive board of Galvanize cares very little about the education department. From what I could tell, the entire education department has been cut until it can no longer function and nobody is happy. I think maybe a single time a member of the executive team visited the education department and saw students. The instructional team was wonderful. Don't expect anyone outside of the immediate instructional team to care or help you at all.
Be prepared to be a therapist, financial adviser, and life coach for many of the students when their family members die, lives take a tragic turn, or other various struggles as Galvanize refuses to provide one.
Don't expect any employer 401k contributions or any meaningful benefits outside of expensive health insurance and PTO.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
hectic, stressful, unappreciated, repetitive

Other Galvanize Employee Reviews

Cool Office, Nice People
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX22 July 2019
As an event coordinator, I work shifts I sign up for. I set up and break down events as well as do event check ins. In general, just assist the event manager and vendors with whatever needs to be done to ensure the event is successful.

The event manager is super cool and helpful and goes above and beyond. The other employees that i have met and interacted with were nice and helpful as well.

It's an awesome, flexible part time job.
It's a school!
Data Science (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA17 June 2019
Galvanize is a for-profit technology school that has bootcamps and classes. Their teachers are generally high quality but they need some help keeping curricula relevant.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Not enough free snacks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Galvanize. Our community is ready to answer.