GALATI MARKET FRESH

GALATI MARKET FRESH Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews

The people make it

One of my most enjoyable places to work, but, not because of the job, because of the people. If you can get into the garden Center, do it! Outside.

Pros

Make friends with deli girls, double meat on sandwich for no extra cost.

Cons

If in the bad books, no hope.

Very biased

If they like you, you will literary get away with whatever, and if they do not like you they will find any excuse to get you fired even when you are the hard working one! The store manger suck! a lot of employer have been complaining about his attitude and his biased view and no one is doing anything about it, I have seen a lot of girls that have been working in the front and other department for a very long time , they are the worst from attitudes to work attic even when they have complained to the store manger but nothing been done, even the other employees talking about how he's biased and only pick and choose who he wants there based who he likes personally not the person work ethic, and other things too. I really hope that the owner himself will put end to this, not going to work with punch of immature teenage and toxic store manger

Cons

Store

Nice place to work

The store closed down thats why i left Work was easy and good management i would have stayed if they didn't close down good pay frindaly and calm place to work

No Good

Ran by dinosaur style management. Owner and GM are idiots who have found a way over time to run the store down from 12 locations or to just this one. They cut hours and disrespect employees , yet expect you to cover for them. Cant wait until this place closes and a better grocery store opens up. Work somewhere else, you deserve better even if you're just starting out in life or are getting your footing as an immigrant.

Pros

Some coworkers

Great first job

I learned and developed financial skills, customer service skills, and organizational behaviours. The customers were friendly and the staff was welcoming

Pros

Snacks in the lunchroom

Also not the greatest

There is no job security or benefits working at Galati Market fresh. Management would find any excuse to fire any one of their staff. Most of the time there was no grounds to their termination. Awful place to work.

One of my first jobs out of high school

I learnt good customer service. But the job is very telling on the body. It is easier when you are younger to lift and move so much. I would not recommend the job to someone older.

Treat part time employees poorly

As a employee who has worked at Galati market Fresh for almost five years, It is apparent that the upper management do not even look twice at any part timers.

Pros

A job

Cons

Degrading

Good management and kind people to work for.

professional and sound company to work for. Good hours and Pay. Flexible hours and work independently. Convenient location.

Repetitive, yet somewhat enjoyable.

Working with fresh food every other day motivated me to eat more healthy myself, but that's probably the only benefit of this job. The hours were very awkward, the managers were rude, and I hardly had any time to learn any new skills. It was mainly just mop the floors, tidy the shelves, etc. I did get the occasional stock job and cashiering here and there, but it was very rare. The highlight of my shifts were assisting the costumers and communicating with them.

Pros

Short commute

Cons

Boring, repetitive, wasn't taught valuable skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GALATI MARKET FRESH. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement