GALATI MARKET FRESH Employee Reviews

No Good
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2019
Ran by dinosaur style management. Owner and GM are idiots who have found a way over time to run the store down from 12 locations or to just this one. They cut hours and disrespect employees , yet expect you to cover for them. Cant wait until this place closes and a better grocery store opens up. Work somewhere else, you deserve better even if you're just starting out in life or are getting your footing as an immigrant.
Pros
Some coworkers
Also not the greatest
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto12 March 2018
There is no job security or benefits working at Galati Market fresh. Management would find any excuse to fire any one of their staff. Most of the time there was no grounds to their termination. Awful place to work.
One of my first jobs out of high school
GROCERY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 October 2017
I learnt good customer service. But the job is very telling on the body. It is easier when you are younger to lift and move so much. I would not recommend the job to someone older.
Treat part time employees poorly
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2017
As a employee who has worked at Galati market Fresh for almost five years, It is apparent that the upper management do not even look twice at any part timers.
Pros
A job
Cons
Degrading
Good management and kind people to work for.
Part-Time Contract (Former Employee) –  North York, ON5 February 2017
professional and sound company to work for. Good hours and Pay. Flexible hours and work independently. Convenient location.
Repetitive, yet somewhat enjoyable.
Costumer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ontario11 May 2015
Working with fresh food every other day motivated me to eat more healthy myself, but that's probably the only benefit of this job. The hours were very awkward, the managers were rude, and I hardly had any time to learn any new skills. It was mainly just mop the floors, tidy the shelves, etc. I did get the occasional stock job and cashiering here and there, but it was very rare. The highlight of my shifts were assisting the costumers and communicating with them.
Pros
Short commute
Cons
Boring, repetitive, wasn't taught valuable skills