GAIN Group

GAIN Group Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
Filled with a great team. GAIN Group offers a positive work environment that makes employees feel good about coming to work, and provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.
Great company to work for. Many opportunities to try new things, every day is a different day and keeps it exciting. Great team to work with. Love that they have other incentives like hotel nights and restaurant discounts.
What i can see is company is full of liers. They dont even care their employees. They say they care but in the end they dont. Look at what happen too subaru and mercedes striking for almost 2 months. People are nice their except higher ups. GAIN COMPANY SUCKS. Try it for yourself
The department I worked in was a great place to work, but the overall management of the company and execution of critical matters was lacking and rigid to change.
GAIN can be seen as a company that wants to expand and acquire dealerships for the purpose of acquiring land. Any business ideas that help to save the company money will be heard but will not necessarily acted upon. When it came down to training, I, along with others, were told to look over our notes when it came to asking any questions instead of just getting a direct answer from our manager... To me, it would make sense for the manager to just answer the question given that we're new to the position and your job is literally to train us..
That's just one of many things wrong with upper management. Just be careful who you talk to as there is a sense of seniority and has a very corporate culture that basically want you there to be a robot and listen to what they say and do what they tell you to do. Don't bother being creative. Just do your job and nothing else.
If you are looking for Job security you have it. There is lots of work and this group is not going out of business anytime soon. You will meet some amazing people. If you ignore office politics and just enjoy your job you will be fine. If you like cars then work here. Ignore the GAIN academy there is no training but if you are good self learner then give this place a try.
Pros
job security
Cons
no training
another car dealer group, some benefits with them owning a race track and hotel on island, there could be room for advancement, great people to work with
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
can be very corporate
The marketing department is an incredible team always striving for excellence. They make you feel like apart of the family and there is always room for growth. They value you as an employee but more importantly value you as a person.
GAIN has been a great place to work since day one for me. I am continually learning and being mentored by my managers and being given the opportunity to grow my skills and knowledge.

I feel like I have the opportunity to move up within the company and build a career. I truly feel like a valued and heard employee, and someone the company trusts because of my work ethic and maturity.
Pros
Management wants to help you succeed
I notice there are only good positive reviews on this site. I know i myself wrote one which didnt claim GAIN was an exceptional place to work, along with two other coworkers, yet they haven't been posted. A company grows by accepting it's short comings and by painting only a positive happy point of view is false advertising. Just sayin
Official response from GAIN Group
3 May 2018
Thank you for your comment. I apologize for your previous review disappearing but Indeed monitors and posts all reviews. the GAIN Group has no control over what is posted to ensure there is no bias. We do take all negative feedback seriously to help us grow and evolve as a company. If you feel there is anything else, please feel free to email us at info@gain-vi.ca.

Thank you again.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at GAIN Group?
With a General Manager bringing their own flair to each store, it makes for a dynamic and fun environment. At our store ( VW ) we have a great, open dialogue between team members, and it's a great vibe between all departments. We all want to have a great day at work, and having a cohesive fun loving team makes for an easy day. The auto industry can be a tough grind. Traditionally, it's long hours and tough targets to hit. I have worked for other groups before, but have never felt as valued and appreciated as here. I have a role which reflects my talents and company that takes my time, and more importantly my time with my family, seriously. I feel supported, and feel that my work environment is safe enough for me to be honest about any mistakes I may make, and I am praised for my accomplishments. Plus, I am encouraged to spend time with my family doing the things that we enjoy. I also feel that we can offer our clients a great, open, and transparent buying process, and that feels great to me. As a large and growing group, there can be some frustrations, but there are with any organization. At least here, we can reach out easily and find a solution. Choosing GAIN as my employer, was the best decision I have made in my 11 years in this industry.
Pros
Espresso Machine !! Woot Woot! Talent nurturing environment. Great brands. Values our time.
Cons
Minimal, but as a newer group, they are working some kinks out.
An enjoyable place to get up and come to work everyday! Very professional, but always fun! The team focused atmosphere takes away stress, and focuses on teamwork. Great Management gives employees the support they need to be successful!
Working with GAIN Group has been a pleasure. I'm surrounded by amazing people and I have the chance to learn new things every day. Being part of a company that encourages you to grow and pushes you to adapt to a changing role is very rewarding.

Having the opportunity for mentorship and guidance is what sets this company apart from others. I continually feel challenged and I always have the opportunity to make my role, and myself, more efficient.

I'm really excited to see what the future has in store for me!
Pros
Great team, Starbucks days, convenient location, daily growth opportunities
Cons
Broken communication between departments
I have been working with GAIN now for over 11 years and have watched the group grow from two locations to 14 and growing. GAIN is always looking to advance and grow its employees and this is precisely why I can see myself being fulfilled in this role for many years to come. I've attended various training seminars, some of which have taken me to Germany to experience the amazing brands we support. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else in the car industry!
Pros
Great staff, employee advancement, staff discounts on vehicle purchases and repairs, great benefits, access to amazing cars and unique experiences
Very supportive, challenging, and fulfilling place to work. Great atmosphere and many opportunities to grow within the company. Approachable and supportive management.
This is a wonderful place to work with lots of support and great training. I have seen some comments from some ex employees that were not so happy with Gain. Most negative comments come from people that have a hard time working with others anywhere. The Car industry is a very tough and competitive environment in the best of times. Most people need a check up from the neck up on a daily basis in the car sales environment. I have been selling cars with this company for 10 years and have been very successful mainly due to my attitude and being able to work with others. If you would like a great company and have some long term goals to be successful you should apply with Gain. Take it from a long term employee that doesn't jump from job to job every year instead of short term employees.
Pros
Great people and lots of support
Cons
lack of parking in Victoria
This summer will be my third year working for the GAIN Group and it has been a wonderful experience to date. I can comfortably say that this has been my most enjoyable job and the most fun industry I've worked in. The people I work with daily have been great and I've developed friendships with my staff and also with other managers at various levels through out the entire group. It is amazing to know that some employees have been working in the group for 10, 20 and even 30 years which I haven't seen at other places I've worked before.

Its been a enjoyable three years with the group, helping to develop my own staff and watching them advance into higher level roles within the group.

I'm looking forwards to a long career working with GAIN and a lot of great people.
Pros
Great staff - benefits - discounts - access to the Circuit and Villa Eyrie
GAIN is an Awesome Place to Work. I Have worked for Three Point Motors for past 32 years. GAIN has so many great employee benefits that a lot of companies don't provide. We get to be around and drive some of the nicest cars on the Island. We have driving events at the Vancouver Island circuit with driving instructors teaching you proper driving techniques. I have been Lucky to have been sent to Factories in Germany and Alabama. The CEO has been so kind and supportive to my family and myself. I am always proud to tell people where i work.
Pros
get to drive very nice luxury cars. Excellent benefits, lots of career options
Working for GAIN for the past 4 years has been a wonderful opportunity and great experience all around. Very few companies in Victoria are truly as diverse as this one from the many automotive dealerships to the beautiful hotel to the motorsport circuit, there is so much opportunity and possibility to grow in any position in an atmosphere that is welcoming and encouraging.
Having been employed with gain since 2014 the work/life balance has been great. From the top down every one has the same customer focused mentality. Truly one of the best employers on Vancouver island
Working for GAIN has opened up amazing opportunities for me since they purchased the company I was working for. Through their training , support and encouragement, I have moved into management and couldn't be happier with the path my career has taken. For anyone wanting to work for a company who offers great wages, benefits, and perks, GAIN offers all that and so much more.
I'm not sure where else you can work with a group of such wonderful people , amazing cars,and exciting technology .The culture is positive , fun and welcoming .Did I mention we have a world class Motorsport Circuit? :)