GAIN Group Employee Reviews

Incredible Oppourtunity
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 April 2018
GAIN has been a great place to work since day one for me. I am continually learning and being mentored by my managers and being given the opportunity to grow my skills and knowledge.

I feel like I have the opportunity to move up within the company and build a career. I truly feel like a valued and heard employee, and someone the company trusts because of my work ethic and maturity.
Pros
Management wants to help you succeed
Question
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 April 2018
I notice there are only good positive reviews on this site. I know i myself wrote one which didnt claim GAIN was an exceptional place to work, along with two other coworkers, yet they haven't been posted. A company grows by accepting it's short comings and by painting only a positive happy point of view is false advertising. Just sayin
3 May 2018

Thank you for your comment. I apologize for your previous review disappearing but Indeed monitors and posts all reviews. the GAIN Group has no control over what is posted to ensure there is no bias. We do take all negative feedback seriously to help us grow and evolve as a company. If you feel there is anything else, please feel free to email us at info@gain-vi.ca.

Thank you again.

A great "think outside the box" Company.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 April 2018
With a General Manager bringing their own flair to each store, it makes for a dynamic and fun environment. At our store ( VW ) we have a great, open dialogue between team members, and it's a great vibe between all departments. We all want to have a great day at work, and having a cohesive fun loving team makes for an easy day. The auto industry can be a tough grind. Traditionally, it's long hours and tough targets to hit. I have worked for other groups before, but have never felt as valued and appreciated as here. I have a role which reflects my talents and company that takes my time, and more importantly my time with my family, seriously. I feel supported, and feel that my work environment is safe enough for me to be honest about any mistakes I may make, and I am praised for my accomplishments. Plus, I am encouraged to spend time with my family doing the things that we enjoy. I also feel that we can offer our clients a great, open, and transparent buying process, and that feels great to me. As a large and growing group, there can be some frustrations, but there are with any organization. At least here, we can reach out easily and find a solution. Choosing GAIN as my employer, was the best decision I have made in my 11 years in this industry.
Pros
Espresso Machine !! Woot Woot! Talent nurturing environment. Great brands. Values our time.
Cons
Minimal, but as a newer group, they are working some kinks out.
Amazingly Professional and Fun Place to Work
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC13 April 2018
An enjoyable place to get up and come to work everyday! Very professional, but always fun! The team focused atmosphere takes away stress, and focuses on teamwork. Great Management gives employees the support they need to be successful!
Sky is the Limit
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 April 2018
Working with GAIN Group has been a pleasure. I'm surrounded by amazing people and I have the chance to learn new things every day. Being part of a company that encourages you to grow and pushes you to adapt to a changing role is very rewarding.

Having the opportunity for mentorship and guidance is what sets this company apart from others. I continually feel challenged and I always have the opportunity to make my role, and myself, more efficient.

I'm really excited to see what the future has in store for me!
Pros
Great team, Starbucks days, convenient location, daily growth opportunities
Cons
Broken communication between departments
Amazing Group
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC4 April 2018
I have been working with GAIN now for over 11 years and have watched the group grow from two locations to 14 and growing. GAIN is always looking to advance and grow its employees and this is precisely why I can see myself being fulfilled in this role for many years to come. I've attended various training seminars, some of which have taken me to Germany to experience the amazing brands we support. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else in the car industry!
Pros
Great staff, employee advancement, staff discounts on vehicle purchases and repairs, great benefits, access to amazing cars and unique experiences
Fantastic
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2018
Very supportive, challenging, and fulfilling place to work. Great atmosphere and many opportunities to grow within the company. Approachable and supportive management.
Great fun staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2018
This is a wonderful place to work with lots of support and great training. I have seen some comments from some ex employees that were not so happy with Gain. Most negative comments come from people that have a hard time working with others anywhere. The Car industry is a very tough and competitive environment in the best of times. Most people need a check up from the neck up on a daily basis in the car sales environment. I have been selling cars with this company for 10 years and have been very successful mainly due to my attitude and being able to work with others. If you would like a great company and have some long term goals to be successful you should apply with Gain. Take it from a long term employee that doesn't jump from job to job every year instead of short term employees.
Pros
Great people and lots of support
Cons
lack of parking in Victoria
Great Place to Work
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2018
This summer will be my third year working for the GAIN Group and it has been a wonderful experience to date. I can comfortably say that this has been my most enjoyable job and the most fun industry I've worked in. The people I work with daily have been great and I've developed friendships with my staff and also with other managers at various levels through out the entire group. It is amazing to know that some employees have been working in the group for 10, 20 and even 30 years which I haven't seen at other places I've worked before.

Its been a enjoyable three years with the group, helping to develop my own staff and watching them advance into higher level roles within the group.

I'm looking forwards to a long career working with GAIN and a lot of great people.
Pros
Great staff - benefits - discounts - access to the Circuit and Villa Eyrie
Excellent place to work
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2018
GAIN is an Awesome Place to Work. I Have worked for Three Point Motors for past 32 years. GAIN has so many great employee benefits that a lot of companies don't provide. We get to be around and drive some of the nicest cars on the Island. We have driving events at the Vancouver Island circuit with driving instructors teaching you proper driving techniques. I have been Lucky to have been sent to Factories in Germany and Alabama. The CEO has been so kind and supportive to my family and myself. I am always proud to tell people where i work.
Pros
get to drive very nice luxury cars. Excellent benefits, lots of career options
Wonderful opportunity and great experience all around
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC3 April 2018
Working for GAIN for the past 4 years has been a wonderful opportunity and great experience all around. Very few companies in Victoria are truly as diverse as this one from the many automotive dealerships to the beautiful hotel to the motorsport circuit, there is so much opportunity and possibility to grow in any position in an atmosphere that is welcoming and encouraging.
Great company to work for.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 April 2018
Having been employed with gain since 2014 the work/life balance has been great. From the top down every one has the same customer focused mentality. Truly one of the best employers on Vancouver island
Great company for motivated, career minded people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 April 2018
Working for GAIN has opened up amazing opportunities for me since they purchased the company I was working for. Through their training , support and encouragement, I have moved into management and couldn't be happier with the path my career has taken. For anyone wanting to work for a company who offers great wages, benefits, and perks, GAIN offers all that and so much more.
I'm not sure where else you can work with a group of such wonderful people , amazing cars,and exciting technology .The culture is positive , fun and welcoming .Did I mention we have a world class Motorsport Circuit? :)
AMAZING place to work with so many opportunities
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 April 2018
I've been working for the GAIN Group for 2 years now and it has been a truly wonderful experience! I have learned so much and they are a huge supporter in furthering your education and will help you get there.
The work environment is fast paced, helpful, collaborative and most of all you always feel appreciated.
I love my career
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 February 2018
I absolutely love my career. Fun, friendly and progressive environment. Full hands on training and supportive GM. Being blessed with the opportunity to drive high end vehicles with employee lease and purchase programs. Discounted track days and villa stays. Access to the highest trained technicians and phenomenal shops. With all careers you get back what you put into it, if you work hard and show dedication that will be rewarded.
Amazing career opportunities
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC22 February 2018
I started at GAIN in 2014 as a part-time service washer, got promoted to the detail department in 2015 which had generous pay, amazing health/dental benefits, plus the company makes RRSP contributions on top of salary for union positions which helped me buy my first home. In October 2016 I was offered an administration position. It’s so nice to work somewhere that values loyalty and wants to help employees move up in the company. I see a bright future with GAIN, they have given me amazing job opportunities. Wonderful staff, high-end brands, great salary and benefit packages. Couldn’t be happier!
Progressive Company with plenty of opportunity to grow and learn
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver Island, BC22 February 2018
I've never experienced a company that promotes learning and growth as much as this one! If someone shows dedication and commitment to their growth, promoting from within is not uncommon! The work atmosphere is fun and friendly. No one wants to hate going in to work each day, and that is clear with how everyone treats each other.
Pros
Excellent benefits, company growth, staff events & outings, beautiful buildings to work in
Not a good culture, not much room for advancement
Admin (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC26 January 2018
The company is disorganized, upper management is not well connected to daily activities but likes to try and micromanage. Despite the luxury market, the culture is terrible and they try to compensate for it with "perks" but don't offer really offer room for advancement or promotions.

They talk alot about being amazing but don't back it up - the CEO and GMs communicate poorly and employees often find out big company things (good and bad) in the news. CEO has made recent public statements that indicate they don't really care about public zoning issues or harassment complaints.
Pros
Luxury vehicles, decent job security
Cons
Terrible Culture
Stressful, fun job
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC5 June 2017
The job itself was fun but management was a little unorganized and stressful. Direct messages to management is key and booking off days is a little difficult when needed. Some staff are alittle judgemental but other than that it's a fun job
Pros
Tips
Cons
Unorganized
20 February 2018

Thank you for your review! We take these seriously and will be making the needed changes to help improve the organization of our management staff.

great local company
service (Current Employee) –  nanaimo25 May 2017
local community minded company. great benefits, professional environment. good company for those seeking opportunity. We work with the best products in the automotive industry
Pros
great work environment. exciting cars. track days.
20 February 2018

Thank you for your comment! We also love track days and cannot wait for the next one!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAIN Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3