GAIN Group

GAIN Group Employee Reviews

Decent place to work

another car dealer group, some benefits with them owning a race track and hotel on island, there could be room for advancement, great people to work with

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

can be very corporate

6 years enoloyee

I’ve been with the GAIN Group now for over 6 years and plan to be here for many more. It’s grown a lot during that time and is filled with great people through out all levels in the group. Benefits are great, pay is competitive and it’s been a fun place to work. If you love cars, you are at the right place. Or if it’s a long term career with a great group and great people, you are in the right place.

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits. Great staff.

Cons

Nothing much. Bring a positive attitude and work hard and you will go places.

okay

Gain doesn't care, no room to grow. Felt like i was mirco managed in my role. They didnt seem to care about employees and expect the world but give you nothing in return for your hard work. Bonus don't happen here and if they do there like 10$ . My co-workers were awesome only part that made the job do able. There a reason why we all would say we got gained ( as they promise things and don't follow thought ) . I good filter job but thats about it

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Ceo doesnt care

Best to AVOID this dealer group.

They promise big, and don't deliver on promises to staff.Worked here for a few years before I realized the revolving door of staff changes was for a reason, despite how hard I worked... There is simply a lack of quality management and any form of valid leadership from the very TOP of this dealer group.It is as corrupt as it gets, as cutthroat as it gets, and as greasy as it gets.You will be FAR happier working elsewhere.

Pros

Frequent opportunities of advancement due to turnnover

Cons

Lack of management, lack of quality business plan, lots of new staff continually.

I LOVE working here...

The marketing department in this company is amazing! It's filled with passionate and creative people, who all work hard and go out of their way to brighten your day. The talents are diverse and I feel like I learn new things from each of them on a regular basis.

Not a good place to work

Terrible atmosphere in this company. Dealing with HR and Payroll is a nightmare, they are to busy doing nothing to get anything done.And when you call them to talk to them about a problem.... they don’t make mistakes ..then they fix the mistakes but they don’t own them it must be someone else’s fault. Management isn’t any better there are a lot of angry employees here and you don’t have to be here very long to figure out why.It’s not worth it ... move on!

Pros

Cons

Working for this group period!

They have a Motor sport facility

I have worked for the GAIN group since they started in 2008. I am blessed to be a part of such growth and amazing people.Highly recommend anyone that wants to can enjoy many opportunities with in the group. The sky is truly the limit.

Pros

Incentives to do well

Cons

Sometimes it snows

No direction

Poorly run business model. There is a need to reinvent the wheel every time there is a problem. People with a full time salary have a death grip on their job. Think...chickens with their heads cut off.

Great company all-around.

Filled with a great team. GAIN Group offers a positive work environment that makes employees feel good about coming to work, and provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.

Great Company

Great company to work for. Many opportunities to try new things, every day is a different day and keeps it exciting. Great team to work with. Love that they have other incentives like hotel nights and restaurant discounts.

company is full of lies

What i can see is company is full of liers. They dont even care their employees. They say they care but in the end they dont. Look at what happen too subaru and mercedes striking for almost 2 months. People are nice their except higher ups. GAIN COMPANY SUCKS. Try it for yourself

Great beginnings, but poor finish

The department I worked in was a great place to work, but the overall management of the company and execution of critical matters was lacking and rigid to change.

Be careful who you talk to

GAIN can be seen as a company that wants to expand and acquire dealerships for the purpose of acquiring land. Any business ideas that help to save the company money will be heard but will not necessarily acted upon. When it came down to training, I, along with others, were told to look over our notes when it came to asking any questions instead of just getting a direct answer from our manager... To me, it would make sense for the manager to just answer the question given that we're new to the position and your job is literally to train us.. That's just one of many things wrong with upper management. Just be careful who you talk to as there is a sense of seniority and has a very corporate culture that basically want you there to be a robot and listen to what they say and do what they tell you to do. Don't bother being creative. Just do your job and nothing else.

Sink or Swim

If you are looking for Job security you have it. There is lots of work and this group is not going out of business anytime soon. You will meet some amazing people. If you ignore office politics and just enjoy your job you will be fine. If you like cars then work here. Ignore the GAIN academy there is no training but if you are good self learner then give this place a try.

Pros

job security

Cons

no training

Incredible Team & Company - Lots of room to grow

The marketing department is an incredible team always striving for excellence. They make you feel like apart of the family and there is always room for growth. They value you as an employee but more importantly value you as a person.

Incredible Oppourtunity

GAIN has been a great place to work since day one for me. I am continually learning and being mentored by my managers and being given the opportunity to grow my skills and knowledge. I feel like I have the opportunity to move up within the company and build a career. I truly feel like a valued and heard employee, and someone the company trusts because of my work ethic and maturity.

Pros

Management wants to help you succeed

Question

I notice there are only good positive reviews on this site. I know i myself wrote one which didnt claim GAIN was an exceptional place to work, along with two other coworkers, yet they haven't been posted. A company grows by accepting it's short comings and by painting only a positive happy point of view is false advertising. Just sayin

Official response from GAIN Group

3 May 2018
Thank you for your comment. I apologize for your previous review disappearing but Indeed monitors and posts all reviews. the GAIN Group has no control over what is posted to ensure there is no bias. We do take all negative feedback seriously to help us grow and evolve as a company. If you feel there is anything else, please feel free to email us at info@gain-vi.ca.Thank you again.

A great "think outside the box" Company.

With a General Manager bringing their own flair to each store, it makes for a dynamic and fun environment. At our store ( VW ) we have a great, open dialogue between team members, and it's a great vibe between all departments. We all want to have a great day at work, and having a cohesive fun loving team makes for an easy day. The auto industry can be a tough grind. Traditionally, it's long hours and tough targets to hit. I have worked for other groups before, but have never felt as valued and appreciated as here. I have a role which reflects my talents and company that takes my time, and more importantly my time with my family, seriously. I feel supported, and feel that my work environment is safe enough for me to be honest about any mistakes I may make, and I am praised for my accomplishments. Plus, I am encouraged to spend time with my family doing the things that we enjoy. I also feel that we can offer our clients a great, open, and transparent buying process, and that feels great to me. As a large and growing group, there can be some frustrations, but there are with any organization. At least here, we can reach out easily and find a solution. Choosing GAIN as my employer, was the best decision I have made in my 11 years in this industry.

Pros

Espresso Machine !! Woot Woot! Talent nurturing environment. Great brands. Values our time.

Cons

Minimal, but as a newer group, they are working some kinks out.

Amazingly Professional and Fun Place to Work

An enjoyable place to get up and come to work everyday! Very professional, but always fun! The team focused atmosphere takes away stress, and focuses on teamwork. Great Management gives employees the support they need to be successful!

Sky is the Limit

Working with GAIN Group has been a pleasure. I'm surrounded by amazing people and I have the chance to learn new things every day. Being part of a company that encourages you to grow and pushes you to adapt to a changing role is very rewarding. Having the opportunity for mentorship and guidance is what sets this company apart from others. I continually feel challenged and I always have the opportunity to make my role, and myself, more efficient. I'm really excited to see what the future has in store for me!

Pros

Great team, Starbucks days, convenient location, daily growth opportunities

Cons

Broken communication between departments

Amazing Group

I have been working with GAIN now for over 11 years and have watched the group grow from two locations to 14 and growing. GAIN is always looking to advance and grow its employees and this is precisely why I can see myself being fulfilled in this role for many years to come. I've attended various training seminars, some of which have taken me to Germany to experience the amazing brands we support. I couldn't imagine working anywhere else in the car industry!

Pros

Great staff, employee advancement, staff discounts on vehicle purchases and repairs, great benefits, access to amazing cars and unique experiences

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAIN Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0Job security/advancement