GAIN Group of Companies

GAIN Group of Companies Employee Reviews

Canada47 reviews

groupcaramazingopportunityyearstaffcompanybenefit

Decent place to work

another car dealer group, some benefits with them owning a race track and hotel on island, there could be room for advancement, great people to work with

Pros

good people to work with

Cons

can be very corporate

AVOID THIS COMPANY-Toxic Environment

Worked as an admin and sales support for the Vancouver location. No leadership in the company, management yells at loudly and verbally which is super unprofessional. Management degrades employees in front of other employees or on the WhatsApp groups, most co-workers talk bad about you but nice to your face, no proper training and the company is SUPER disorganized. What they say in the job description verses what you do is completely different. Admin work is truly not admin work but data entry and sales. You have set working hours but still get work notifications after hours or messages from management or other employees and you are expected to answer. One manager will tell you how to do something and another manager will tell you something different therefor you confused on how to do your job properly and correctly. So many people quit before me because of the same thing. Also on professional standpoint, I was let go and they didn’t pull me into a room or in a private setting. They let me go in front of everyone and served my papers. I have never had a job where I was so humiliated and worked in an unprofessional, disorganized environment. In addition the pay you receive is not adequate to the amount of work you have to do and how much the company makes. If you ask for a raise, they will shut you down and tell you no and if you don’t like it you can leave. You are better off finding employment somewhere else no matter how desperate you are for a job. I sadly gave up an awesome position at another company just to work here because I needed money to pay my rent. I regret this -

Pros

NONE—Stay away!

Cons

To many to count!

Insights into GAIN Group of Companies

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Complete lack of direction and untrustworthy

Worked there for awhile and finally left after busting my butt to grab that golden carrot they were dangling in front of me. Loads of extra work outside my job description with the promise from upper management of a specific job only to have it ripped away at the last possible second. Horrible management who only seem to favour brown nosing sycophants. Lack of leadership and direction as the higher up's treat it like a toy store instead of a business

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Pretty much everything except the free coffee

Better work culture at McDonald’s

While working here, you can expect huge miscommunication between all departments. Management expects all employees to never make mistakes yet management is permitted to make several. If you’re expecting a good work/life balance, the GAIN Group is not the place for you.If you’re a professional “brown noser” than have at it. You’ll do great and might be able to become a manager yourself.

Automotive Shangri La

If you are looking to continue your automotive career in an environment that takes life/work balance seriously, then consider GAIN. The automotive industry can be a challenging career and one can easily work beyond normal weekly hours. Imagine an auto group that respects your time off and encourages you to not overwork yourself. All dealerships are closed on Sundays. That self preservation creates integrity and long term future success!

A great career with opportunity for growth

I've been with GAIN for 4 years. Initially I was hired as a Service Advisor, later was moved into a Management position when an opportunity had presented itself.Throughout my years with GAIN I have seen many staff members who started in entry level positions move up the ladder and grow with the company. The tools are there for those who want to put in the effort and succeed. GAIN offers a great benefits package, wages are competitive, and work/life balance more or less has been good.It's great to be working with a luxury brand. You are working in very nice facilities and with high end vehicles.The Villa Eyrie Resort and Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit is also part of the group. Staff rates are available to those which is a nice additional bonus.I can honestly say working with GAIN that I have been most happy in comparison to any career I've had with other employers. That's not to say the company is completely perfect, but they have treated me well and I've seen the same for others.

Pros

Coffee bar, growing company, good people

Cons

Month end

Representing word class brands with lack of leadership

Gain expect your life to revolve around them and their business practices. Pay is subject to change often and the anxiety surrounding monthly bonus structure (which is clause subject to change at any time) can be all consuming. The Victoria stores are treat like the golden children and have exceptionally higher salaries. The brands and being around some of these cars is brilliant. However you'll spend upwards of 11 hours a day there so you best like them.

Terrible management

Poorly managed hospitality company that uses and abuses staff. Gain group managers are narcissistic and have unreasonable expectations for staff. There is no prospect of advancing your career with this company.

Cut-throat company with no moral compass

The gain group is a cut-throat and dishonest group that puts too much pressure on people and creates a toxic work environment.Dealing with managers and HR is like dealing with children who are rude and demanding but offer little in return.The company has a culture that will use you to get what it wants and then they will drop you on your face as soon as it serves them.

Pros

Company wide discounts

Cons

Management and HR.

6 years enoloyee

I’ve been with the GAIN Group now for over 6 years and plan to be here for many more. It’s grown a lot during that time and is filled with great people through out all levels in the group. Benefits are great, pay is competitive and it’s been a fun place to work. If you love cars, you are at the right place. Or if it’s a long term career with a great group and great people, you are in the right place.

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits. Great staff.

Cons

Nothing much. Bring a positive attitude and work hard and you will go places.

okay

Gain doesn't care, no room to grow. Felt like i was mirco managed in my role. They didnt seem to care about employees and expect the world but give you nothing in return for your hard work. Bonus don't happen here and if they do there like 10$ . My co-workers were awesome only part that made the job do able. There a reason why we all would say we got gained ( as they promise things and don't follow thought ) . I good filter job but thats about it

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Ceo doesnt care

Best to AVOID this dealer group.

They promise big, and don't deliver on promises to staff.Worked here for a few years before I realized the revolving door of staff changes was for a reason, despite how hard I worked... There is simply a lack of quality management and any form of valid leadership from the very TOP of this dealer group.It is as corrupt as it gets, as cutthroat as it gets, and as greasy as it gets.You will be FAR happier working elsewhere.

Pros

Frequent opportunities of advancement due to turnnover

Cons

Lack of management, lack of quality business plan, lots of new staff continually.

I LOVE working here...

The marketing department in this company is amazing! It's filled with passionate and creative people, who all work hard and go out of their way to brighten your day. The talents are diverse and I feel like I learn new things from each of them on a regular basis.

Not a good place to work

Terrible atmosphere in this company. Dealing with HR and Payroll is a nightmare, they are to busy doing nothing to get anything done.And when you call them to talk to them about a problem.... they don’t make mistakes ..then they fix the mistakes but they don’t own them it must be someone else’s fault. Management isn’t any better there are a lot of angry employees here and you don’t have to be here very long to figure out why.It’s not worth it ... move on!

Pros

Cons

Working for this group period!

They have a Motor sport facility

I have worked for the GAIN group since they started in 2008. I am blessed to be a part of such growth and amazing people.Highly recommend anyone that wants to can enjoy many opportunities with in the group. The sky is truly the limit.

Pros

Incentives to do well

Cons

Sometimes it snows

No direction

Poorly run business model. There is a need to reinvent the wheel every time there is a problem. People with a full time salary have a death grip on their job. Think...chickens with their heads cut off.

Great company all-around.

Filled with a great team. GAIN Group offers a positive work environment that makes employees feel good about coming to work, and provides the motivation to sustain them throughout the day.

Great Company

Great company to work for. Many opportunities to try new things, every day is a different day and keeps it exciting. Great team to work with. Love that they have other incentives like hotel nights and restaurant discounts.

company is full of lies

What i can see is company is full of liers. They dont even care their employees. They say they care but in the end they dont. Look at what happen too subaru and mercedes striking for almost 2 months. People are nice their except higher ups. GAIN COMPANY SUCKS. Try it for yourself

Great beginnings, but poor finish

The department I worked in was a great place to work, but the overall management of the company and execution of critical matters was lacking and rigid to change.

Be careful who you talk to

GAIN can be seen as a company that wants to expand and acquire dealerships for the purpose of acquiring land. Any business ideas that help to save the company money will be heard but will not necessarily acted upon. When it came down to training, I, along with others, were told to look over our notes when it came to asking any questions instead of just getting a direct answer from our manager... To me, it would make sense for the manager to just answer the question given that we're new to the position and your job is literally to train us.. That's just one of many things wrong with upper management. Just be careful who you talk to as there is a sense of seniority and has a very corporate culture that basically want you there to be a robot and listen to what they say and do what they tell you to do. Don't bother being creative. Just do your job and nothing else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAIN Group of Companies. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement