Gabriel Pizza Employee Reviews

I like it
OTA/PTA Student (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON12 September 2019
I’m herd working person .
Very nice with customers .
I respect my job .
Always smile with a customer.
I like my job.
I will try my best.
Thank you.
Server
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2019
Abusive.
Intimidate employees through aggressive managers.
Owner is alright but the owners son who runs a few in Ottawa is ABUSIVE to the max. Poor morale because the servers are also abused by the cooks, told they are replaceable, not given time off even when family is traveling six hours to visit. You could be dying in the hospital and they would request a doctors note. I wouldn't work here again if I were homeless.
Pros
None.
Cons
Abuse, abuse and more abuse.
Fast paced and fun
Server (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2019
Serving customers breakfast and dinner in a busy restaurant, you need to be patient and understanding of every persons requests and be able to deliver fast service to them when needed. You see lots of different faces throughout the day and need to remember to smile and also have fun with them.
Stressful
Cashier and Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, ON29 January 2019
busy on Friday and Saturday
Working in the winter as a driver is really stressful
the manager is cool.
the most enjoyably;e part of the job is when you get paid
Pros
free lunches
Excellent company
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Kemptville, ON12 January 2019
I have worked for this company in the past and was given the opportunity to work for the company again when a position opened up as a driver. The other employees are great to work with. The management is super. They would go out of their way to ensure that you are happy with the company.
Productive and fun work place.
Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2018
Great people, great energy. Very welcoming environment, with caring people who are always willing to help.I learned how to communicate with customers and have build a great level of empathy working for Gabriel Pizza.
No job security, immature environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON4 December 2018
The management was understanding and helpful but hours were not secure. The staff gossiped too much and was very unfriendly to each other and customers.
Call Centre Experience
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 June 2018
Working here was great at the beginning. Management was incredibly understanding and flexible with employees. When management changed, it negatively impacted the environment so much that it was a breaking point for many people. Would not recommend until they have new management.
Soul sucking, but easy
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 June 2018
easy job, very soul sucking though. I guess that's how it is at most call centres. Only had a 20% discount on pizza while working which was stupid. Easy job though
A flexible and nice work environment location
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 May 2018
I have been working at Gabriel pizza since 2015 in their call center. I started as an Ontario Call Taker but later became a Gatineau agent. I recently also moved up to become a customer support agent for the Gatineau customers. It is a very friendly place to work at. What you would do there is go in and take calls and try to help out as many customers as you can while also taking regular orders and sending them to the stores for them to prepare. There are definitely some hard parts in the job like long hours and late hours sometimes, but staying around and friendly coworkers make the job very enjoyable.
Pros
Friendly Sales Competitions
Cons
late hours sometimes
People are great, Work is easy for the most part. Weak Pay.
Call Center Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 April 2017
Answer Calls and take orders
Learn to deal with different people
Good work experience
People and management are great, made good friends
Good job for students
Pros
People and Management are great, Good work experience, Dead time after the rush, Pretty laid back for the most part
Cons
Low Pay
fun work place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 February 2017
the company was great but supervisors were sneaky instead of telling you the error they will always talk behind your back without correcting you or telling you directly what you have done wrong
Great ambiance
Aide-cuisinière (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC27 December 2016
A very busy day, lot of fun and hardwork.
I've learned a lot of things in the kitchen. How to cook, how to clean, organisation, patience, new languages and rapidity in skills.
The management was okay, my co-workers were super loyal and friendly. The most hardest part of the job was to finish on time and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills while enjoying what you're doing.
Pros
people
Cons
time
Fun and enjoyable workplace, that keeps you on your toes.
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON12 October 2016
A typical day at work includes continual maintenance and cleaning of tables, floors, counters and washrooms. Main duties throughout the day are customer service and managing the till, while also assisting in the kitchen. While working at this job I learned how to open and close the store, communication skills while dealing with customers and how to manage the till throughout the day as well as at the end of the day when closing the store. I also was taught new cooking and cleaning skills. Management was very good. Managers were hard working but were also lenient and understanding with employees and helped make sure all employees were safe and had an enjoyable work environment. My co-workers were very kind and enjoyable to work with. They helped create a positive working environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to multi-task between helping prepare orders in the kitchen while also taking care of incoming customers, phone calls from the call centre, and maintaining the cleanliness of the store during the rush hours of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with the customers, especially the regulars, as well as getting to work with amazing co-workers and cooking delicious pizza!
Pros
Free slices, 25% discount when ordering outside of work; 50% discount when ordering during your shift.
Calling Center
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Orleans, ON26 June 2016
Get to 100-200 call per day, take care of customers order my computer software, give customers advise and inform them about certain deals the company has to offer.
I really enjoyed giving the customer a great service.
Great co-workers, horrible management
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2016
It was a great place to work when I first started here. I was able to get the full time hours (40+ hrs per week), and they were flexible with balancing my work schedule with my personal schedule, but when I returned from maternity leave; management and the people who make the schedule changed, and that's when hours were cut and they started treating their employees horribly. Since the new management came into place, many people who were there, even longer than myself left because of the issues with management.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Management is HORRIBLE!
Very good life experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 January 2016
On a typical day i would deliver pizzas to costumers. I learned a lot of the streets of Orleans while working here as we had to drive threw them to get to costumers.The management at this location was extraordinary, the owner was one of the best bosses i have had so far in life and very understanding. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting your paycheck at the end of the week.
Pros
Very good pay and having a great boss
Cons
No cons in this job
i dont know what this means
Dishwasher and pizza cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa,ON18 July 2014
it is fun to work there
i learned pizza cooking
dishwashery was the hardest part of the job
pizza cook
Pros
free lunches, closing job
Very busy workplace with outgoing staff
Telephone orders and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON, Canada17 July 2014
Gabriel Pizza is not only a provider of great food but also the perfect job for a student or someone looking to advance in the wolrd of food management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gabriel Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.