GP Strategies Corporation Employee Reviews

Relaxed corporate environment
Tier 1 Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Troy, MI14 March 2018
GP Strategies is very relaxed, independence promoting environment, always looking for new ways to expand their clientele and increase revenue.

*************************
Pros
work-life balance and the opportunity to work remotely
Cons
no opportunity to advance and increase income
Great work life balance
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Anywhere5 March 2018
Great work life balance. Fun working colleagues. Opportunity to travel and work across the globe. I will recommend GP to folks who are adventurous. Thanks
managmant is untrained
Advance Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MI 483262 March 2018
Managment is very poor for the chrysler end of this job. Better communication is needed. Also a better schedule should be in place.Decent money but travel payments are slow
Nice company to work for
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD17 January 2018
Overall a nice company to work for despite a few challenges that come along with most companies. Work/Life balance was fair. The majority of people were nice and easy to work with. Each division operates like a small business however, has support from corporate. Very diverse in terms of the services that GP provides to it's customers, which was exciting. Fast paced environment and teams run very lean. No clear path for career advancement.
Pros
Business Casual Work Environment
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Gp
Assigned as On-site LPWR Leader (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MI8 January 2018
These people are amazing to work for. Very kind and helpful. If you can find a opening in the organization then I would most certainly do that.
They are very helpful any situation they will try to figure out. It is really a family it does not seem like a bigger business
Pros
Very kind personnel
Proditivity was limited to project scope,
Senior Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX27 November 2017
The work day was flexible and started whenever you desired. One requirement was to be available for conference calls and as required throughout the day.The job was layed out and the project schedule was clear and obvious, responsibility for completing assignments was up to the developer. The team lead kept an eye on the progress and assisted as required to maintain the schedule.
Pros
flexible schedule, ample PTO
Cons
Projects were limited
very educational job
Senior Training Consultant (Current Employee) –  Remote13 November 2017
In general, I enjoy what I do for work at GP Strategies. It's tough having to travel so much for work, but the times when I'm able to work remotely are well worth it!
Good place to start, but not a lot of career progression opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD16 October 2017
It's a good place to start one's career and gain experience. However, after some time, there is lack of career growth opportunities. Senior/executive leadership is very set in their way and "old school" lacking innovation and fresh new energy and perspective. They also lack checks and balances and therefore treat certain employees very differently from others purely based on personal relationships. Your experience may vary depending on the group you work for. The culture is pretty negative in a sense that leaders don't want anyone to be a superstar in fear of threatening their position/control.
Nice
Senior Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil Nadu30 August 2017
Best place for Job Work/Life Balance. Salary parts need to be improved. while comparing with market, I feel it is very less. Job Security/Advancement and Job Culture are awesome.
Easy job, disorganized
Business Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN14 August 2017
I enjoyed the people that I worked with and the work/life balance was very nice. However, the projects are very convoluted, there's not much direction in where the company is going, and it's difficult to get in contact with many colleagues
Productive, well known, highly regarded.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD7 August 2017
My short tenure there allowed me to learn more about the behaviour and people readiness for a job.

We worked in teams - which allowed all of us to bring forth the best we had to the project.

Many PHD's were employed and part of the team's success
Pros
remote, travel, fun team members
Cons
change of commission and sales products
Heavy work loads
Course Administrator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI26 July 2017
You will never have a moment to breath. This is a fast paced, heavy work load company. The culture is mostly women. It is the place for you if you enjoy a sorority like culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too heavy a work load
Terrible management political climate
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma12 July 2017
High turnover Love the job hiring younger and cheaper no advancement. Look at upper management. Roles they are in they are unqualified for good ole boy system.
Pros
Cons
No pay raises
Company is ok, Management is not
Course Curriculum Administrator (Current Employee) –  CT3 July 2017
Company offers typical benefits.
Pay is great.
Manager could not be bothered to check in or develop staff.
Reviews never conducted for first year.
Manager caught in lies
People hired and fired without announcements
Pros
benefits, flexible
Cons
manager
dangerous work environment
Millwright/CNC (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX27 June 2017
every day is different and you never get to speak with a direct supervisor and breaks are very short. this is an industrial job and requires a lot of safety measures.
Range of accounts
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire18 May 2017
GP Strategies provide the opportunity to work on a range of accounts covering many different sectors.There are opportunities to work from home in some roles.
Opportunity given
Assessor (Current Employee) –  England14 April 2017
The job is what you make it. If you're organised and on top of it then you'll love it and have your weekends off.You hit the ground running in this job but training is always there you just have to ask!
Pros
Book visits when you want and more holiday I've had in any job ever
Cons
Can be tiring with the driving
Poor culture
Senior Media Producer (Former Employee) –  Troy, MI1 February 2017
Lots of employees who have been there a long time whiokeep their jobs for only that reason. Not progressive, very insular, management doesn't really have a clue about the actual performance of employees. The production department (one person) is awful ... limited skills, poor attitude, insecure bully. Beware.
Pros
Reasonable though not great compensation
Cons
Employees set in their ways, not interested in new/better ways of working, defensive and insular
Terrible place to work.
Learner recruitment consultant (Former Employee) –  Durham, Durham25 November 2016
No training given and direct management were lazy. No engagement with staff apart from being told you've not done well enough (with unrealistic targets). Threatend constantly with job loss and made tonfeel like a number. All staff were unhappy.
Incompetent Management
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Remote14 September 2016
As others have said, the new-hire training is minimal. Business units are run as small companies. My business unit had terrible management. Entire management team was built on cronyism, so managers were unqualified and incompetent in their roles.

Management did not perform proper project analysis and the employees and customers suffered needlessly. Work was always at break-neck speed to meet impossible deadlines. The customer would then be delayed and/or have to cough up more money. The customer loved me and I did nothing but improve the customer's experience with GP, yet I was reprimanded for not being good at snowing the customer. I was basically reprimanded for not knowing when and how to lie to the customer.

As for compensation, the pay was not competitive for my field. When I left GP, my salary increased from $68K to $85K. Benefits are standard but expensive to the employee for such a large company.

I gave two stars instead of one because I admire the work GP does as a company. Though, as far as I know, maybe all of the work suffers from these same issues. ☹️
Pros
Remote work
Cons
Poor management, Low salary, medium expensive benefits, poor customer experience, no work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GP Strategies Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.