GM BluePlan Engineering

GM BluePlan Engineering Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
I also would not recommend this company to anyone.
I have worked for a few engineering consultants, I have never worked in such a negative work environment as the one at GM BluePlan Engineering.

There is a huge turnover problem at this company. They may offer you a better than average salary or hourly rate and decent benefits, but it comes at a cost. That cost is your happiness. After the first month of working here you quickly realize the mistake you've made.

There are certain managers at the Guelph office that are manipulative and vindictive. Senior management are aware of this behavior and allow it to continue unabated. In my opinion, this is contributing greatly to the loss of staff and the toxic environment.

There are some fantastic people that work at this company but they certainly are not the same people making decisions.

It is also possible the experience at GM BluePlan may differ depending on office. However, If you are an EIT or Civil Technician/Technologist, I would never recommend working at their Guelph office, especially if it is in a CAD operator role.

Hopefully this is a useful warning to somebody thinking about starting their career here, or moving to this company from their current one.
Wouldn't Recommend This Company for Anyone
There really isn't anything positive to say about this company. The management doesn't invest anything in the junior staff, you receive extremely low pay compared to other companies, the benefits are a joke and you're bullied. Project Managers demand that staff stay late and mock you in front of clients during meetings. Then they're shocked when staff quit and go somewhere else. The turnover rate is EXTREMELY high.

All that matters is the money at the end of the day for the partners. There's no movement for anyone without a P.Eng. anymore and it's laughable if anyone suggests it.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone waste their time at this place - although the other Technical Specialists and lower level staff were decent to deal with.
Official response from GM BluePlan Engineering
20 October 2019
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback.

With our recent growth as a company, we have not been immune to challenges in managing our growth effectively. Our ownership group of engineers, technologists and planners is optimistic that new initiatives recently launched such as the Young Professionals (YP) Group, Mentoring and Coaching Program and internal lunch workshops will help to address what we understand to be frustrations with your experience at GM BluePlan.

Some of your comments do not align with the working environment we strive to provide to all staff members. Please contact us to discuss the specifics of your time at GM BluePlan so that we can work to achieve a positive environment for all employees. We wish you the best moving forward in your career.

Steve C
Extremely positive work environment with friendly management
GM BluePlan is a fabulous engineering consulting firm. The management is constantly looking to teach young professionals new things and help them grow.
Productive workplace
The multitude and variety of projects provides ample opportunity for development and advancement. Managers are actively involved, encourage and provide opportunities for learning.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GM BluePlan Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8