GE Corporate Employee Reviews

job security is very low
Labourer in the Wind Department (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 September 2014
Working there was great. Co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
hours could be changed to accomodate your shedule
Cons
no security. high layoff rate
Well Managed Company
Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA2 September 2014
One of the best Managed companies I have worked for Deadlines were fixed. Corporate goals where well understood by employees. Very customer focused organization. Had a matrix organisation which made it difficult at times to convince other groups of the need to do specific things. Often Times (Too Many) upper level management was involved in the day to day activities.
A global leader in technology innovation
Director of Communications & Public Affairs (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 August 2014
Global company with a strong brand and a world of opportunity in which to grow and develop a highly respected career.
Great company with excellent benefits
SENIOR ASSOCIATE - REMITTANCE PROCESSING (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 July 2014
I really enjoyed working for GE and was sorry to see their Edmonton Business Centre close down in 2009.
Really enjoyed my time here
Digital Energy Co-op NPI Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 July 2014
- Working on the manufacturing floor alongside assemblers and engineers
-great work environment, cheerful and fun place to be!
-most enjoyable part of the job would be my team
-supervisor has been the greatest role model i have had so far
Very professional and Dynamic work environment
Accounting/Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 June 2014
Very professional and Dynamic environment to work in
Time Management
Speed
Accuracy in reporting
Several accounting SW
GE was a great company
Quality/Continuous Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  peterborough12 June 2014
Worked hard with good people. Long cycle business and unfortunately market dependent as with all products and we hit a down turn in the market.
Pros
Learning
Cons
Turn over of upper management was too high.
The position was just processing payroll
Payroll Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 June 2014
I had thought moving to the large company the job would be challenging. I had numerous payrolls with large numbers of employees but the job was just process the payroll it did not involve everything else about payroll that I find interesting.
Pros
Very good company
Cons
Not challenging
Great place to advance your career
Assistant Controller - Global Operations Finance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2014
GE offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and the professional advantages of an environment that supports employees' development and recognizes their achievements. GE fosters an inclusive environment where employees have the opportunity to succeed and diversity is embraced as a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Great place to work.
Lighting Division, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON23 April 2014
Support from all employees, ww all were there to help with any problem that may occur.
Most enjoyable part of the job employees would always be surprised with some kind of gifts, many lunches and dinners paid for by the company.

Raise's were given twice a year, and the Benefits great!!
Fun and Productive work Environment
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 April 2014
- Day started with a morning meeting to assign tasks for the day
- I learned how to read blueprints, properly wire and build control panels, operate a crane and attach parts of the Wind Hubs
- Management was very helpful and friendly, they made daily rounds so if you ever had any questions they were available
- Most Co-workers were friendly and helpful, experienced workers were there to give advice or help if I was having trouble
- The hardest part of the job was training employees that had more experience then me (when lay offs were happening we had to train employees from different areas) when they didn't want to learn
- The most enjoyable part was challenging myself to see how many Wind Hubs I could finish in a day, also working with friendly, easy going people
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Commuting from Oshawa to Peterborough
great comrades, A company only concerned about the bottom line
Operator / Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB5 March 2014
typically a good crew to work with, as far as fellow employees, but as for management and and the company as a greater entity its all about bottom line everyone and everything is expendable based on margins of gross profit. One of the biggest companies in the world because they make harsh decisions without measuring the effect on the work force only measuring the effect on the finances.
Pros
paid travel, free benefits, looks good on a resume
Cons
you are at risk if you depend on this for financial stability
fun
Laborer / Assembler (Former Employee) –  Peterborough ON26 February 2014
good place to work

Fast paced

good people to work with

Good money

you will get laid off
benefits
Cons
fast paced, you will get laid off
Productive and family atmosphere and fun
Armature Coil Taper (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 January 2014
Great place to work.People are great. Learned most importantly about safety both at work at out of work. Applying similar to daily routines wherever. Hardest part was waiting for go ahead and approval for clearance for a specific job.Set up process pretty long and very detail specific so approval delayed production. Enjoyable part when jobs completed in great time for next process.
Pros
Health Awareness Programs.
Cons
Waiting for Approval of set up
great place to work
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 January 2014
GE has been very good to me. A typical day at work would be organizing our crane lifts with the other trades people, performing lifts throughout day and also dipping and curing of very large electric motors. I've learnes to read engineering drawings, perform two crane lifts, the use of all sorts of power tools, maintaing VPI equipment (checking fluid levels, temperature levels). Co-workers are great.
Pros
great team atmosphere
Cons
not enough work hours for me
Nice place to work
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough15 December 2013
Learn something new every day.
Deal with diffrent challenges and develop new skills.
large industrial motors
Fitter-welder (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON12 December 2013
Fabricate all metal products of 10000hp to 100000hp large motors.
Pros
pension
Cons
managment poor
Extremely productive and very funny every Friday having combined lunch
Electro-Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga ON8 December 2013
my first day at work was very emotional in the sense every one @ work was anxious to have a question about me ,my experience and I was enjoying to see new working environment.
I learn a lot about new techniques and enjoy working with new management and my new co workers were very co-operative.I really did not found any hardest part of my job,but mostly enjoy working with in a team environment
Difficult Shift Work
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 November 2013
This job required 12 hours rotating shifts from 6PM to 6AM for two months and 6AM to 6PM for another two months. It is difficult for those who do not like working long night shifts.
A typical work day
Production / Manufacture (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, Ontario8 November 2013
Co-Workers is good,
Fun enviroment
Steady work
Learned how to tape coils
Learned about stators and large motors
Hardest part of job is operating robot
repetitive
Management is good
Pros
safety meetings, learning seminars
Cons
not too sure how secure it is

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K