GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Mega corporation
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 May 2017
Working for such a large corporation certainly has its benefits but also some considerable red tape and processes that absolutely must be followed with little regard to the actual business thus having a negative impact not only on employee morale but also on getting the job done!
Pros
Great benefits and compensation
Cons
Red tape, business practices "absolutes"
Very good place to work at and I enjoyed the co-workers that were in the work environment
Assistant technician (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC14 May 2017
The time working there was a great learning experience for myself, I believe that my work environment attitude has improved greatly and that I am prepared for future jobs ahead of me. At my time working there the manager was very friendly and also enhanced my learning while I was there. The workplace environment was very openly acceptive, everyone was very nice and hardworking. The most enjoyable part of the job was working along side my Dad, me helped me learn and develop my skills to become a better person at work.
Pros
Great team member
High energy, engaging work enviroment
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 May 2017
Start the day reviewing emails, respond accordingly.
Move forward with the current assignment and delegate workload to the team
Expanded my knowledge of product and breadth of upper management. Engage in procedure and execution of timelines.
One of the greatest challenges would be coordinating global meetings and dealing with timezones.
Current position offers great challenges and exciting destinations.Rewarding sense of accomplishment when milestones and deadlines are met.
Pros
Travel, great colleagues
Cons
fast food
Great facility with fantastic amenities
Technical Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 May 2017
Excellent facility to work in. The facility includes a full-service gymnasium, a cafeteria that offered many food options, and plenty of free parking. Although I was able to get an extension to my contract, full-time permanent employment is difficult to come by.
Very disappointed
Office/Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON7 May 2017
Terrible Management, Harassment does not mean anything and the bottom line I worked my butt off everyday for 11 yrs to turn around and be laid off. What bothers me to the most is that I can look around at any given time and see the same people do nothing and all that happens the your boss come over to you and give you sh#t for doing more. What I would love to see management be accounted for.
Excellent Company to work with
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 May 2017
A great company to work with. With full support from your own direct manager, technical application engineer team, project management, proposal team. Plus an outstanding and timely support from each respective factory engineers.
Pros
Productive place to work with lots of room for advancement
Cons
Our industrial business unit were closed.
Success Oriented
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 April 2017
Worked with wonderful people for many years until I lost my job to restructuring. Very innovative and creative people. Always looking to improve and be the best.
Its a great company to work with
Financial Analyst Global Operations (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
This is a great company to work with. Learned tons of things during this period. Intense & non-stop learning with several ERP implementations wherein my involvement was significant. Oracle CCL implementation, Oracle Cloud Implementation, GPAS implementation just to name a few ...
Strong culture
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Worked with many experienced professionals in my early career days and was given invaluable advice and lessons.
Strong culture, happy and committed employees.
People are great to work with. Wages and benefits are good.
MAO2 Fit, Wire Assemble (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 April 2017
People are great to work with. Wages and benefits are good.
Most of the facility is old and requires updating. Some parts of the plant were updated a few years ago but renovations and improvements need to continue. New manufacturing/production techniques such as those implemented in the car industry would greatly improve productivity and organization. The most frustrating part of working there is a general lack of organization.
Due to the fluctuating market for large motors lay offs are common and frequent contributing to reduced employee moral and enthusiasm.
Pros
Wages and benefits
Cons
lack of organization.

Want to know more about GE Corporate?

Ask a question
Punch Press Operator, Burr Grinding Operator (Former Employee) –  Trenton, Ontario and Peterborough, Ontario16 April 2017
We had a great relationship with management. It was a small factory so everyone knew each other quite well. Our production manager was well known to all and very compassionate when G.E. closed. Our Human Resources was easy to communicate with and helpful. Management and employees had a great relationship and worked together.
Pros
Excellent wages and a great place to work.
Cons
Lay offs at the beginning and then they closed the doors.
Productive, creative and multicultural
Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chengdu, CN6 March 2017
It was a remarkable experience in my life. It made me know the greatest company with many excellent features which you can not image! Fantastic management, flexible work time and creative culture.
Productive fun innovative workplace.
Senior Back End Develope (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 March 2017
Very rewarding day, working with smart people on interesting challenging projects. Working with innovative big data projects with new technology. Able to learn, apply new skills, and use my own ideas. Nice culture with reasonable expectations.
Pros
Undstanding flexiable management.
Cons
Politics may effect budget cuts.
Many different areas to gain various expertise.
Sales Administration (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2017
Good Company. My time there was short but my days were filled with new experiences. I was exposed to the area of equipment financing where I processed equipment waivers.
Pros
On site gym, Cafeteria
very good company to work for
Technical Director (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 February 2017
i enjoyed my time with ge and recommend them to anyone who is looking for longterm and quality employment. excellent pay great benefits and security.
Friendly working environment and great company culture
Control System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC27 January 2017
An excellent team to work with. Great people. Enjoy the job and working at different location on a regular basis. Managers are nice and supportive. Very respectful environment.
Pros
lot of fun and stress free
Great Place to work
Electronics Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 January 2017
Had learned a lot as individual and as team.Great leaders and colleagues .Worked for whole lot of different products...lot of opportunities to learn as much.
Pretty good money but a dead end job.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2017
Lack of communication to staff, Need to know basis and you don't need to know attitude.
The job is fairly easy compared to most oilfield work.
If you are single and like money apply. If you want a career keep searching.
Pros
Good money for most employees, easy, you can not get fired.
Cons
Negitive atmosphere, favoritism, Your days off are a inconvenience to their non sense schedule.
Deskside Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 November 2016
-Friendly staff
-Good work/life balance
-Great Team

This was a temp contract only. Working at this location was a breeze, the staff was great and the location fantastic.
Production
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON26 October 2016
G.E had a non impressive culture there production requirements were almost never met due to lack of production very poor union enviroment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K