GE Corporate

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Canada314 reviews
GE management miss out on understanding market needs and try to jam their square solution into a round hole. Lots of lost opportunities due to management square views. Good people at the worker level who really care and try to do right by the customers. Shame GE management cannot see the forest for the trees.
Pros
Great clients and coworkers.
Cons
Management myopic views.
Cultural is largely influenced by survivalship and nepotism. The business is in sever decline with most, if not all, employees worried about continuance and security.
Used the Salesforce system alongside Excel to gather and update extensive amounts of data for the purpose of company report creation and forecasts. Assisted in data forming to help organization better understand the needs of other internal departments and the needs of clients.
Good wages and a good working atmosphere was provided. The crane operator position was an extremely interesting and challenging career in which I learned a great deal especially in the the health and safety and safe work practices
Company encourages, work/family balance, has fun at work which includes games, gym, pool tables. Work is what you make it, be positive and strive to do your best
Overall it is a fun workplace environment, with diversified people and culture. Every quarter we have a team building exercise either at our workplace or outside. That's where I learned to step up whenever they called for volunteers, and to interact and get out of my cocoon.

The stressfull days were during the accounting month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing, which were normal for the areas in the GE businesses that I was involved with.
Likes to go lean, go fast, and do more with less. Safety culture is good. Benefits from day one. GE is the one of the largest and oldest companies in the world. They can most definitely deliver results, but at the cost of employees. Overall a good company, but very diversified into different industries which makes them a jack of all trades but a master of none.
A place where you have enough opportunities to grow and offers you work environment which is transparent with amazing work life balance.

A great organization to work for.
At GE I was challenged daily. In my role, I had direct input on the day to day operations of our division and opportunity to collaborate with both colleagues and our customer base. I would recommend GE as a company to work.
Was a great co-op experience during the summer, with a very friendly co-workers and supervisors who guided and helped me learn the ropes of the company and greatly expanded my view of the industry.

Learned a lot about how a larger company operates and expanded my knowledge about various Wireless communication methods.
I have worked for GE for 6 years, the were by far the best employer I have had. Lots of e-learning courses to ensure compliance, but managers I have worked with were very fair. Good salary and great benefits.
High Pace, Stressful business but everyone was aligned and goals were achievable because you had a well oiled team behind you.
Every GE business is different and i was apart of GE Capital which has sold most of it business's off.
ge is a very good company to work it has a very good working enviroment,and a very strong safety culture,the most enjoyble part of it ge is that the company trains everbody to be a leader
It was a great place to work, management and staff were wonderful, the work was fulfilling however the business closed in 2015 as GE Corporate wanted to remove the company from Capital businesses.
when i was at ge they were developing jpax for mpls-tp protocol, the team had started to hire engineers for developing applications to communicate with multi node fibre optic systems.
If you like change - work here. If not move on. Management is all from either France or the US and haven't got a clue of what's going on. They come up with out of touch campaigns that the customers do not want and need. Pricing is so high they price themselves out of the market.
I liked working there, I was treated well and was paid well. I had no issues and just did my job. Good workplace and management as well. I would still have worked for them had they not closed.
Despite the challenges in this company, there is amazing growth, and genuine learning and teaching for employees. It was a great place to be and I would recommend it to anyone.
Excellent job overall. Benefits we’re above average. Work pace fluctuated continuously. Only real complaint was treatment when life required time off whether it was a couple hours or days.
J’ai eu la chance de faire 2 contract avec GE avec un très bon entraînement , Outils approprié pour un travail sécuritaire et facile a manipuler . Un environnement dynamique et professionnel
Was an excellent place to work for many years before it closed.
Excellent pay and benefits for the area.

Great co-workers and enjoyed every day going to work