GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Work was interesting but the management was horrible
Full-time/day shift (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 May 2018
The work was interesting but the management was bad and the union did nothing to but protect individuals who did not want to work. This plant probably would still be open if the management managed the employees better and knew how to run just in time manufacturing. They did not know when or where motors were to be completed or have the materials ordered to do the job. They basically hired people that did not know what the company manufactures, no clue what so ever from the mangers to the HR or top management. Sad for the community that this plant closed.
Pros
great pay, good benefits, profit sharing was good when the company was doing well on stock exchange
Cons
bad maangement from low level to the very top
Great job
Fitter/Assembler (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON8 April 2018
exciting job with good benefits, lots of interesting projects. job security was a concern over the past few years leading up to the plant closure. I would have stayed with GE had they not decided to close
National Sales Manager of a Construction Products Sales Business when I left.
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Missussauga1 April 2018
A god Company, GE used to lead the way in many product technologies, since changed.
I was NSM for Canada and had worked in various different product groups, enjoying a variety of products to market and sell. I led a sales team of relatively well educated pros and we are proud to know we always achieved budgets.
Pros
freedom and autonomy to produce results
Cons
politiacal
Great company to work for.
Motor generator winder (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON9 February 2018
I have enjoyed working with GE.
GE is in the process of selling our division.
I am looking to work on a contract basis for 20 to 30 weeks a year.
The sale of our division is to be completed by mid year and at that time my plan is to retire from GE and work contract.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
In the shop the office support has very little motor experience.
Best Comppany to work for
GE Technical Sales Leadership Program (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA1 February 2018
Best company I ever worked for. So driven and professional. truly shows how they have come to be one of the top companies in the world. I would go back without hesitation. A motivated individual has no bounds to how high they can rise, or where in the world they can work.
Top 10 company in the world
Global Inside Sales/Sales Channel Leader (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON10 January 2018
Great company. Innovation at work. Too big at times and it can get bureocratic. Great environment. Trying to act more of a start up every business/division and not as a big corporation
Pros
great company to work for
Cons
it could feel too big at times
Good company to work for and to learn
Senior Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2018
A good company to work for and to learn. Lots of very professional people. Advanced technology. Exposure to global trends and technology. Respect to employees.
Great Place to Work
Quality Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2018
This was a great place to work at, very challenging and demanding in order to maintain a high level of performance. The stress was quite elevated but it was good and manageable. I saw GE as a place for personal and managerial growth. Mmanagement school if we want to say. Would return to GE in a heartbeat.
Pros
Challenging, growth opportunities, benefits and pay are good
Cons
Highly competitive, plenty of Stress
Challenging work culture - takeout best in people
Global Customs Operations Migrations Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 January 2018
GE has very challenging work environment and it takes best out of an employee as it involved various products.

Besides the technical subject matters, I learned the people and their expectations management.

Management is good and listens to my strategies and allowed me to experiment and succeed.

Very flexible work environment and when needed the most allowed me to work from home.

The hardest part of my role was to meet the satisfaction of various business leaders and stringent timelines.
Pros
Remote working if required
Great company that's faltering
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada7 December 2017
GE was one of the original DOW Jones companies. Some bad acquisitions (and divestitures) and poor management in general seems to be the cause in its decline today. The rank and file at GE are talented folks and some of the best minds in the industry. It is poor leadership that has taken the ship off course.
Project Administrator
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 December 2017
Très bonne expérience, bonne ambiance entre collègues,
Pros
bonne ambiance
I did mareial handling work
Shipper/Receiver/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON29 November 2017
Loading and unloading trailers
How to receive product and to do paper work
Management was standard
Very diverse in culture and sent in there ways
Trying to change the set ways of the production side of the company
Learning new ways of doing the job
Pros
Playing ball after work
Cons
shift work
Large Corporate Giant
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 November 2017
GE is a corporate giant and Lentronics is a very small part of that corporate structure focussing on substation data control systems. Very friendly environment and the people were excellent to work with. The down side was that there was very little room for advancement or job satisfaction.
Pros
Excellent employee culture
Cons
No room for advancement
Many wonderful personalities in my previous role.
Traffic Manager/Logistics Supervisor/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab7 November 2017
I very much enjoyed this role however decided to move my life in another direction to have my own business. My 2 direct leaders were knowledgable and I enjoyed challenging them as well as vice versa. Now I am looking for another career shift.
Pros
Clean organized work environment
Cons
Temporary hires were causing job stress.
environnement tres agreable
Stagiaire - Génie électrique Gestion de Projet (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 November 2017
Bonne ambiance de travail, superviseur toujours disponible pour m'aider a m'epanouir dans l'entreprise.
Environnement de travail très agréable
Analyste financier senior (Current Employee) –  La Prairie, QC29 October 2017
Environnement de travail très agréable, gestion du temps.
Nothing to review
Property Leader (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2017
Everyone else enjoys seeing this on my resume. The truth is it took forever to get hired and its a sweat-shop. I don't think I learned anything except how to cover your butt.
Productive and freedom to carry out the job at your best
Field Service Engineer -DP Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2017
GE is a great company to work with. The culture is excellent . I obtained Green Belt Cert at GE and has been the bed rock of my carrier lifestyle.
The hardest part is that there a lot job to be done at GE and expectation is high.
Great Environment
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakbank, MB13 September 2017
Great place to work. The people give you an at home feel, which makes it comfortable and fun at the same time.

Management is very hands on, and doesn't make you feel unimportant.
Work Experience
Inventory Control Specialist, BWXT (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON22 August 2017
Worked in many different areas at GE/ BWXT. Gained lots experience in different occupations. Also was able to gain many certifications throughout my 10 years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K