GE Capital Employee Review

Productive and fun work place.
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2013
I worked there for almost five years during my high school and university years. I was provided with the maximum amount of support by the management to continue my studies on a fulltime basis as well as full time work. I had developed my interpersonal skills though this job as I was required to deal with clients on a regular basis.

Other GE Capital Employee Reviews

Fund place to work
Risk Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 May 2018
GE has an excellent work place culture. Never experienced micro management by the bosses. As long as the assigned responsibilities are done on time Bosses are happy. Work/life balance is excellent. Lots of fun events throughout the year
Pros
Good Pay, excellent work atmosphere
Cons
Restructuring of businesses
GE - A great learning ground
RECOVERIES MANAGER/QUALITY MANAGER LOSS MITIGATION (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
My 8 years at GE were some of the best of my working life. During that time I learned everything from how to lead people and coach effectively to how to build and continuously improve processes. GE has great leadership training programs and if you are fortunate enough to become a manager while working there, you will have the benefit of many of those programs as I had. There have been many books written about GE corporate culture and this is for good reason. I found the culture to be a defining benefit of working there and it gave me great pride. While not always the most competitive in terms of compensation (at least during my tenure,) I found it worth the difference with other companies for the experiences gained and opportunities for learning and advancement.
Pros
A company with decades of change management and leadership expertise, One of the great corporate cultures
Cons
Less competitive on the compensation side.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Capital. Our community is ready to answer.