G4S Employee Reviews

PS access service-TD BANK
PS access service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
An absolute ridiculous mess. the training is horrible and disorganized. They do not care if you are busy or stressed. You email people that are "supposed to help you" and they never answer. WATCH YOUR HOURS. They are terrible for paying you the wrong amount. Keep track of your hours. They don't value their employees and burn them out HARD! I would never work for them again at the time its all i had and i was neglected and miserable. I waited to hear false promises for too long.
Excellent team
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 January 2018
It's been awhile since I've worked in the Winnipeg office but the core team was a great one !
Great stepping stone and great exposure to jobs within the field
worked their for so long and still treated like c***
DAYTIME MOBILE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 January 2018
You work your butt off and in exchange you get your wages cut and management pay goes up while they dont care about the employees and expect more for less.Having an mortgage and bills and having to go to alberta works so they can pay your bills whild managements attitude is at least you have a job
Pros
free clothing
Cons
long hours and s*** pay
Pre screener
Pre screener (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2018
Day started by turning on all machines, checking manifests, getting out the Daily reports, making sure everything was setup.

Screening time. Divesting, Operating and screening depending on what was needed that day
Most times spent on checked luggage side

Private airport was a great location to work at
Pros
free coffee, great people
Cons
split shift and long hours
Good pay unionized
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 January 2018
G4S Security is a great place to work as long as you get the right manager. they are unionized so its almost impossible to get fired. do your job and youll get paid but you wont be promoted
A leader in the field, good employees
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2018
Perhaps the biggest security company in the world, in the Niagara Region they are still establishing themselves. However, the employees are fun hearted and very fair by most standards. I find working for G4S a good time.
Pros
Good back up support from logistics/scheduling
Cons
Need to expand more in the Niagara Region
No Personal intellectual gains
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2017
You just work as a Security Guard and do not learn anything new. you do not have any recognition. a boring job only for people who don't like to work.
not very understanding of family life
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON21 December 2017
no comment would like to keep as brief as possible. They gave me the run around when I told them in the interview I have a very busy family life and may not be able to commit to all shifts but gave a hard time if I couldn't do a shift then aventually quit because of this.
An International security company
Service Delivery Manager, YBL (Former Employee) –  Campbell river airport19 December 2017
Management of Unionised staff who screen passengers about to board planes to Vancouver.
The hardest part of the job was to keep abreast of the changes to the rules and regulations imposed by Transport Canada.
The most frustrating part of the job was not having support from management above me when we required the support to implement changes.
This company sucks.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON9 December 2017
This company sucks. Enough said. Now to make up one hundred and fifty characters. I had very, very poor experience with the management. Have I mentioned that I did not enjoy working for this company?
Fun working place, it creates a memory in one's
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 November 2017
I have been brutal to G4S employees many times but they were the best. They provided a chance to students to work part time and full time too. Instead they were the ones who back supported me, the supervisors were the best part of G4S
Pros
Friendly environment, lots of opportunities for students
Cons
cancellation of shifts
Large company with okay management, great scheduling, but not many opportunities to grow
Loss Prevention Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2017
Company not very loyal to employees due to the large pool of workers/applicants, but offers decent pay in the right roles, and awesome schedulers with flexible options for part time and full time work.

As long as you follow policy, work with a sense of professionalism, and have a safety first attitude, they have no reason to have issues.

Union is terrible (known to hang up on employees, side with management, general incompetence, etc), but the virtue of being unionized is a powerful bargaining tool if needed. Just don't expect much help from reps.
good company to work for.
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 November 2017
This is a down to earth company.Management is understanding and accommodating. I would definitely consider returning to work for this particular company.
The company is okay, not the branch
Various Roles (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ON21 November 2017
I was a specialized guard within a hospital setting; so we made more then the average guard. While I can't speak too heavily on the company it self, I can say with confidence that we suffered from a serious lack of support from our managers at our branch office. Basically everyone in the branch was friends with each other and we were unable to really have a proper chain of command. While at work we had fun with our team and it made the experience more enjoyable.
Pros
Working with Public Solid Team Members New experience everyday
Cons
Sometimes stood down / Static Posts Lack of Company Support Lack of Manager Support
Pretty decent company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
I worked for this company for nearly 2 years. Currently a college student.

Pros:
- Very flexible company. I was a floater (someone who picks up random shifts) my entire time with the company. There was a period where I didn't work for 4 months (no contact with the company either). I called them one day for a shift and it was as if nothing happened. I guess it's because they're so big that they don't recognize you. They (almost) always have shifts that need to be filled.
- Never messed up my paycheque. The process for being paid is very simple, unlike other security companies, who often do mess up your pay.
- Supervisors almost never came around. This made the job much more enjoyable. I can count on one finger the amount of times they came by. And all of those sites were high profile sites. Anything not high profile they almost certainly won't come around.

Cons:
- The most well known sites aren't very good. At those sites you either have to stand the entire time or literally just sit there. The company does have good sites but you have to ask around. This is why I recommend making friends with a scheduler. Trust me, they'll help you out if you're willing to help them.
- The pay is not good. Unless you're a full time employee, the pay is almost minimum wage or a little above it.
- Schedulers can be very hard to reach. Some of them will flat out ignore your calls if they don't like you. My favourite scheduler also trained new employees, so sometimes he wasn't in the office that day, and I either had to call the next day or deal with the other schedulers.

If you're
  more... looking for causal work, then I would recommend this company. If you're looking for a career in security, this might be a start but the chances of advancement are slim.  less
a review
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 November 2017
The place was ok, many opportunities for advancement. 12 hr shifts were a bit draining over time especially if they needed you for overtime. Vacation time was rare and sick days not really available due to high turnover rate
Pros
quiet enviroment
Cons
staffing shortages
Great work environment
Lost prevention guard (Current Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON14 November 2017
I enjoy the staff and management of this company. excellent work environment. I enjoy coming into work everyday and helping out the community. I would love to grow with the company.
Pros
always reachable
Responsible in health and safety
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  G4S Office9 November 2017
Traineer and the officers are well behaved and tolerate in their communication, they even help pay some employee with their transportation and lunch when they are being trained.
Pros
Free lunch
Fun place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 November 2017
Over all working in security has its down time and up times but I always found it a fun job as well. The G4S team in Fort McMurray were amazing. Sorry I had to relocate.
Pros
Wage
Cons
Fun work site, high turn over of management.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB8 November 2017
Work place was excellent, however lack of communication with office. No performance reviews, of they want you removed from a work site, you are gone with no explanation and no recourse.
Pros
Part time available
Cons
Lack of communication office to staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K