G4S Employee Review

unprofessional management
g4s employee but willig to escape (Current Employee) –  Edmonton4 March 2013
This company may have good reputation outside Edmonton and worldwide too but here in Edmonton its one of the worst security company I ever wored with I did not quiet or they lay me off but they just refuse and pretend there is no site for you specially when you refuse to do unsafe job during winter storms like shoveling outside a huge amount of snow or you refuse to give up your dignity and to be used as a tool not human being don't specially apply at shell Scott Ford there are bunch of gang group of senior workers they hate new hire if u don't blieve ask how many guard been there just for last six months I love this company first time I applied with but am disappointed with the office system here in Edmonton but I hope the head office will listen to many guards and care about us the same way they care about there contracts

Other G4S Employee Reviews

A Good Place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON16 May 2018
Working on the level with other Guards or solo was never a bad things, The friendliness and "Brother/Sister-in-Arms" bond you form is an excellent thing to have when you are faced with tasks that you may not know how to handle on your own.
Pros
Hardy Friendships and a sense of safeness
Camp security
camp guard (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 May 2018
Worked 3 rotations in a camp setting with this employer.
The group of guards I worked with were cliquish and if they didn't like you made sure you didn't last.

The work environments in the camp were gossipy and childish. There is 0 support from management.

The camp guards are treated like "mall cops" from the shift OC all the way up to the head of camp security.

The staff were nervous about losing the contract to a competitor so were telling the gate guards to include useless info in their log book in order to give the appearance of being busy.

Management and staff are very insecure individuals.

Pay was decent but one could get a labourer position with another camp employer and fair just as well or better
Pros
2 week rotations
Cons
rules for the sake of rules, a childish, gossipy environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K