G4S Employee Review

Meeting people of different background on daily basis
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2013
In g4s as security guard provided security to the employees of the company in downtown building of Dundee Life Plaza, Husky, Century Park Place,. Prohibit any illegal entry in the building or any illegal activities like drinking trespassing and so on. I learned to be patient against angry clients for the better of my safety and people around me. Management was really helpful and approachable on daily basis constant communication was required with building manager on daily basis related to problems within the building. Most of the site I was workig alone but did work with other guards on few occasions communication is important and they were very helpful and approachable. I think it will have to be working alone was the hardest part of the job. I enjoyed meeting people from different cultural background and differents statuses.
Pros
bonus of $100 on christmas
Cons
sometime 12 hours long shifts

Other G4S Employee Reviews

Workplace is professional on Executive Floor
TD Bank Executive Security Officer/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
My duties on the Executive floor to provide access control, conducting contractor escorts. Answering incoming calls and transferring to the individual. Conducting Events Off site .
Team Work Environment
Pros
breakfast
Cons
not enough activity
Run clear of this place
Senior Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
After 5 years as a full time employee they lost a bunch of contracts and thought they could take me from $18/hr 44+ hours a week to $14/hr 5 hours per week, with no regard for how they hired me. This was based on multiple changes in the office each more inept than the previous district manager. In addition, I not once got paid correctly for the hours I worked. When I finally left they owed me copious amounts of overtime that to this day has not been resolved.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K